: Broken 24's pics

LacCrusinSky
05-09-07, 01:25 AM
Yup i hit a pothole on the right side and cracked two of the right rims it sucks but i got new wheels:bouncy:

EXT_Vegas
05-09-07, 01:34 AM
Take a picture of the pothole, detail with the location and different angles. Make sure you show landmarks of the area so it can be recognized. Take pictures of your vehicle on the right side and if you had pictures of your vehicle at the location with the flats include copies. Make a copy of your purchase invoice for the new rims and if you had to realign the vehicle include the invoice and submit to the city for reimbursement. The worst that can happen is that they say no.

RANGER 66
05-09-07, 02:46 AM
Wow. Any details as far as how fast you were driving etc? I only ask because I am curious as to how much force is required to do that. I take it that sort of thing isn't coverd by the wheel's warranty?

RLTW

EXT_Vegas
05-09-07, 04:08 AM
Usually warranty's are reserved for manufacturer defects. Hitting potholes do not fall in the manufacturer defect category. I would go after the city for failed maintenance causing costly property damage to personal property.

hcvone
05-09-07, 08:22 AM
I have never seen as many destoryed wheels as this year around here in Pa :( Good job on the roads guys. :(

403HP
05-09-07, 09:21 AM
Ouch! That sucks.

DLE
05-09-07, 11:57 AM
Damn, that looks bad! how big was the pothole and how fast were you going??? Did it pop your tires right away?

Synergetic
05-09-07, 12:39 PM
This happened a while back. I taco'd a 24 and the city paid the expense to fix it. Just show the pothole and evidence of the wheel.

My girl also had a bunch of metal that was laying in the middle of the freeway fly up and scratch all up the hood and roof on her BMW and they fixed that as well.

CadillacGurl
05-09-07, 01:19 PM
Where was the pothole at? My boyfriend just hit one driving to downtown pittsburgh for school....

LacCrusinSky
05-09-07, 02:22 PM
Yes I took pics of wheels pothole and car after the incident and filed with the City of Pittsburgh, good thing i took pics of the hole cause about 2 hours later it was fixed after I called it had about a 5 inch deep lip to the hole on 5th ave in Oakland. I was going about 35mph and the pothole had a sewer grate beside it so i couldnt see it until I was right up on it and somebody was in the lane to my left so I could not swerve, the crazy thing is that BOTH TIRES WERE STILL GOOD and i am using them on my new set of 24's,and I also called D'vinci wheels and they said it was not covered

CadillacGurl
05-09-07, 09:46 PM
Yes I took pics of wheels pothole and car after the incident and filed with the City of Pittsburgh, good thing i took pics of the hole cause about 2 hours later it was fixed after I called it had about a 5 inch deep lip to the hole on 5th ave in Oakland. I was going about 35mph and the pothole had a sewer grate beside it so i couldnt see it until I was right up on it and somebody was in the lane to my left so I could not swerve, the crazy thing is that BOTH TIRES WERE STILL GOOD and i am using them on my new set of 24's,and I also called D'vinci wheels and they said it was not covered

Gotcha... I know where that is...

LacCrusinSky
05-10-07, 01:20 PM
620 shipped if anyone wants them:thehand: firm cause there 200 to ship

Escolade
05-11-07, 10:50 AM
I have never seen as many destoryed wheels as this year around here in Pa :( Good job on the roads guys. :(

I agree. The roads in PA just keep getting worse. The problem is, we have so many roads that Penndot can't keep up. When they tried to tax our gas an extra (correct me if I'm wrong) 14 cents a gallon to fix everything we all threw a fit. :thehand: