: Just ordered aftermarket In Dash CD/DVD Unit??

rawdog805
05-08-07, 07:00 PM
I just ordered a aftermarket unit....now what do i need

What do I need to be able to keep everything else stock?? I would still like to be able to use my Steering wheel radio controls also...

Please provide links and part numbers if possible...

DLE
05-08-07, 07:17 PM
We need more info!

What year is your Escalade?

What brand aftermarket, etc???

TheCaddyKidd
05-08-07, 07:43 PM
I know Pac-Audio makes a unit to use steering wheel controls.. but to get the part number you need your year of your truck and what brand stuff you are using.. you can check out their site at pac-audio.com - you are also going to need adapters so the radio will be plug and play so you dont have to cut wires and all that.. what year truck do you have and what are you putting in.. as stated above we need more info.

rawdog805
05-09-07, 01:41 AM
Ohh shoot my bad.....

It is a 2002 with Onstar and Bose... Its the Pioneer Avic n2

SteveSkal
05-09-07, 02:54 PM
I'd be interested to know too, I have an 02 lade and it seems this year lade is like the black sheep, everything made is for 03+ it really annoys me. Anyway I was looking up this unit you got and it sure has everything I'd like to have in my ride too as long as I could keep the rest of the Bose system and steering wheel controls!

rawdog805
05-10-07, 04:37 AM
anyone ??

Swine
05-11-07, 12:02 AM
I just ordered an AVicD3 DVD/Nav unit for my escalade, already have an AvicN1 in my F-250, and love it.

Anyway, link to the PAC adapter (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=010&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=200108407325&rd=1,1) I bought on E-bay for the steering wheel controls. It hasn't arrived yet. I'm not sure if I'm going to use it, or re-sell it. I'm not sure rear controls will work with it. If the one at Sound Advice doesn't work the back-seat buttons, then I just saved another 50 bucks. I'm dropping it off at my local Sound Advice for install, just don't have the time to do this myself. Good luck, the N2 is great:thumbsup: