: 4 Coats of Zaino

403HP
05-08-07, 11:09 AM
I put another coat of Zaino on the EXT this weekend. That makes a total of 4 coats over the past 3 months. I just love this stuff! Have a look.

DLE
05-08-07, 11:37 AM
Damn, that looks sooooo nice!! The paint looks like liquid! :thumbsup:

How do you apply the Zaino? Is it like a wax liquid compound? I want some.

jrs05caddyext
05-08-07, 11:43 AM
Looks wet. Im going to have to get me some Zaino now

Guyz1996deville
05-08-07, 12:10 PM
I had to put on sun glasses just to make out what it was...

RANGER 66
05-08-07, 12:23 PM
Looks good can I drop my truck off for the weekend?

RLTW

slk230mb
05-08-07, 12:25 PM
Looks good can I drop my truck off for the weekend?

RLTW

:yeah:

403HP
05-08-07, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the comments. Zaino is very easy to apply. It is a liquid not a paste. The more applications you apply the better it gets.

For you guys wanting to drop your truck off at my house, Okay but it going to be very expensive!:bouncy:

hcvone
05-08-07, 01:28 PM
Zaino, what is that. :alchi: :eek: Your truck looks great, need one of those shots for our web site, send me one at carl@hcvind.com Nice work. :)

hcvone
05-08-07, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the comments. Zaino is very easy to apply. It is a liquid not a paste. The more applications you apply the better it gets.

For you guys wanting to drop your truck off at my house, Okay but it going to be very expensive!:bouncy:

Have you tried the Z-CS wipe on and done product yet? You will really like that :)

403HP
05-08-07, 02:02 PM
Have you tried the Z-CS wipe on and done product yet? You will really like that :)

Yes I do use the Z-CS. I also have just started using the Z-8 the new final spray. That stuff is great. My routine is Z-1 and Z-2. Finish with Z-6. Z-8 for special times.

403HP
05-08-07, 02:03 PM
Zaino, what is that. :alchi: :eek: Your truck looks great, need one of those shots for our web site, send me one at carl@hcvind.com Nice work. :)
Pic is on its way. Feel free to use it.

Thanks

Bagmo16
05-08-07, 10:29 PM
Badah Bling:bling: will that Zaino take off hard water spots?

hcvone
05-09-07, 07:31 AM

I would first try claying them, if they are etched into the clear you will need an abrasive product like Z-AIO (all in one cleaner wax) or Z-PC is a more aggressive paint cleanser. :)

hcvone
05-09-07, 07:32 AM
Pic is on its way. Feel free to use it.

Thanks

Did not get any pixs, please resend and CC to hcvone@comcast.net thank you

403HP
05-09-07, 08:07 AM
Did not get any pixs, please resend and CC to hcvone@comcast.net thank you
I emailed them to you yesterday.

403HP
05-09-07, 08:09 AM
Zaino's clay bar does a great job on water spots. I would use the clay bar on your entire truck. Then use Z-1 and Z-2. You will love the resault. Prepair to spend about 1/2 a day.

hcvone
05-09-07, 08:29 AM
Zaino's clay bar does a great job on water spots. I would use the clay bar on your entire truck. Then use Z-1 and Z-2. You will love the resault. Prepair to spend about 1/2 a day.

Z-1 is no longer made, it was replaced by Z-AIO or ZFX. :)

hcvone
05-09-07, 08:30 AM
I emailed them to you yesterday.

Got them this morning on the resend, thank you

Jesda
05-09-07, 10:57 AM
The reflection on the hood is amazing

hal72
07-14-07, 08:41 AM
My 1st try with zaino today, and first layer.

I am more than happy. very good result and easy to work with (just have to read a lot of faq, tips and etc for a "beginner like me").
I hope it`s durability is as good also, then it is perfect!!!

But the escalade is big when it comes to work like these. so I don`t know how many layers I apply now. (at least 4... hehe..)

thanks to Hcvone for good service and shipping it to me:thumbsup:

(Picture taken with mobile today)

Dif
07-14-07, 11:45 AM
I have to say Zaino is the best wax I've used.
My wife surprised me about a month ago getting me a bottle of the Zaino AIO.
I've never had a wax that makes the paint look as good as Zaino for everyday wax and cleaning.
My 07 is Black and an everyday driver and I have limited time to keep it waxed the way I would really like to, but with Zaino AIO it is fast and easy to use and,.. after it's on has been so easy to keep clean its amazing.
Being Black it's tough to keep clean but since using Zaino AIO ,.. when it gets a little dirty,... I just give it a rinse with the hose and shammy dry and it's like new again.
I notice a big difference with water spots from a light rain.
The spots come right off no problem with a rinse and dry.
When it rains really hard, it washes the dirt right off and it's almost clean enough to just leave it.
I really like it :thumbsup:

Rolex
07-14-07, 12:15 PM
Your truck looks amazing. That's my favorite color on the Lade too. :D

hal72
07-14-07, 03:16 PM
2nd layer of zaino now:)

good to here it is good in the rain. We also have alot of snow here in norway, so I hope it will last as good then. I will never go back to carnuba wax.

srt
07-15-07, 02:32 AM
Now that's glossy!!!!!!!!! Friggin sweet mang!

rgramjet
07-15-07, 10:01 AM
The "Genius" previous owner of my ESV Platinum went crazy with a buffer. Ive got swirl marks and they are driving me nuts.

Is there a Zaino remedy for my dilemma?

hcvone
07-16-07, 06:53 AM
You have to remove the swirls first no matter what product you use. If you have and are good with a buffer that would be the way to go, if you are not find a good detail or body shop to buff the swirls out. :)

hal72
07-16-07, 08:51 AM
Here is mine 4 coats of Zaino. Very happy but my arms are killing me.. :)

I am sure I will add some more coats, and I only wished I had used this from the start.

hcvone
07-16-07, 09:18 AM

I am sure I will add some more coats, and I only wished I had used this from the start.

Looks great, nice work. :)

psalmist
07-17-07, 01:29 PM
can we have some close ups

403HP
07-17-07, 10:32 PM

I am sure I will add some more coats, and I only wished I had used this from the start.As good as your truck looks you will soon forget about your arms. I put the 5th and 6th coat of Zaino on my truck today. All I can say is UFB. I just keeps getting better.

Falkolade
07-17-07, 11:40 PM
is there a point when adding coat on top of coat of wax is just over kill?

hcvone
07-18-07, 06:21 AM
is there a point when adding coat on top of coat of wax is just over kill?

Some people claim a coat of wax on top like Pinnacle or P21S inproves the look, over the past 10 years I have topped Zaino with everything, I found it looks better just by itself, and with Z-8 and Z-CS you get that wet look, but unlike wax Zaino last for months, not weeks. :)

hal72
07-18-07, 08:49 AM
As good as your truck looks you will soon forget about your arms. I put the 5th and 6th coat of Zaino on my truck today. All I can say is UFB. I just keeps getting better.

thanks, did you used you car between 4th and 5th layer. Or did you wash it with Z6 and continue?

When I add the first layer, I must say I didn`t think i would notice any differnce. but I really do, and I hoping the protection gets better also.

hcvone
07-18-07, 09:57 AM
Protection and looks get better with additional coats, of course there are diminishing returns, the best look I have found is between 3-6 coats, believe me I have F-Body customers with over 300 coats on their cars, do they look good, of course they do, but no better than 5-10 coats, of course all that rubbing takes the orange peel off over time, thanks GM for the extra orange peel. :(

hal72
07-18-07, 11:00 AM
300 coats.. now you talking overkill.. LOL. good to know that 3-6 is best, just one more layer then.. hehe..

I will of corse try the Z8 next time also:)

hcvone
07-18-07, 11:11 AM
Don't forget Z-CS. :)

hal72
07-18-07, 11:35 AM
of corse:thumbsup: I was also pleasant surprised how little polish you need. if you should add as many layers with a normal polish you would need many bottles. (the zaino also did wonders for my kitchen sink!)

hcvone
07-18-07, 12:03 PM
I usually get 16 applications from a bottle

Caddydude420
07-18-07, 09:14 PM
My 03 black truck has been neglected. It MAY have been waxed once or twice in its life. Not washed as much as it should have been. Swirl marks all over.
What Zaino wax would you suggest? I've heard that Zaino is the best, but its requires alot of upkeep. Waxing once a month to keep it that way. The gold class from meguires does a good job but lasts much longer. I wash it weekly but don't want to wax it monthly.

hcvone
07-19-07, 06:29 AM
My 03 black truck has been neglected. It MAY have been waxed once or twice in its life. Not washed as much as it should have been. Swirl marks all over.
What Zaino wax would you suggest? I've heard that Zaino is the best, but its requires alot of upkeep. Waxing once a month to keep it that way. The gold class from meguires does a good job but lasts much longer. I wash it weekly but don't want to wax it monthly.

Zaino upkeep? Someone is misleading you, most of our customers including myself Zaino their cars/trucks 2-3 times a year, as someone who used more Meguiar's products than probably anyone (our shops used more Meguiar's products over a 10 year period than anyone in the USA) , they last several weeks in terms of durability, a single coat of Zaino will last at least 4 months. You have to get your truck back into shape no matter what wax product you are going to use, this will take a buffer, depending on how bad it is you may need a rotary over a Porter Cable, I would find a good detail shop or body shop to do this if you have never done this, after that being your truck is black, your Zaino products would be Z-5 and ZFX, they are mixed together and applied as a one stop product, Z-5 will help keep light scratches and swirls under control while giving you great protection and a great shine. Z-7 is our Car Wash. If you use a detail spray ours is Z-6. A few optional products that will extend your Zaino life and are very easy to use are Z-8 (you would use this after washing and drying, it's a spray sealant) and Z-CS, this is a wipe on and walk away product (no buffing) applies super fast and gives great shine a that real wet look. Zaino like any other product requires more work the first application, after that maintaining it is pretty simple. :)

alex dubai
07-19-07, 11:33 AM
looks awesome, any idea where to get that stuff online and shipped to Dubai?

hcvone
07-19-07, 11:50 AM
You can contact them at http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc
and they can tell you the nearest international distributor. :)

Dif
07-19-07, 12:23 PM
Hi Carl, I'm hooked on the Zaino AIO.
It's perfect where I simply want a fast easy wax to keep the truck looking good without a lot of time involved.
I can't believe how long it's lasting with only 2 coats :thumbsup:

I've been reading your info and the Zaino info from the website.
There's so many to choose from I'm not sure which one ,... if anything, other than Z-AIO is needed.

My question is:
With Zaino AIO already on the truck,.. Do I even need to use a secondary Zaino product like Z-6 or Z-CS for a boost between washes?.
If so, which one?
The Z-6 looks like it's what I want for a boost between washes.
The Z-CS looks like it could be used as a primary coat by itself instead of the Z-AIO.

Thanks in advance for the info.
Regards.. Frank

vietnam20
07-19-07, 12:37 PM
hey, hcvone. i have ???
I have 07 escalade (black)and i have heard lots about zaino. i was wondering what product to buy. i take my suv to get it wash but what product u recommend after the wash to put on to get that liquid look on black escalade. (i don't know about washing my car in dish soap???)

hal72
07-19-07, 01:32 PM
As a first time user I was a bit overwhelmed by all the zaino products. but there is a lot info on zaino and hcvone`s homepage. And by following the application order the result was very good.

hcvone
07-19-07, 01:54 PM
Hi Carl, I'm hooked on the Zaino AIO.
It's perfect where I simply want a fast easy wax to keep the truck looking good without a lot of time involved.
I can't believe how long it's lasting with only 2 coats :thumbsup:

I've been reading your info and the Zaino info from the website.
There's so many to choose from I'm not sure which one ,... if anything, other than Z-AIO is needed.

My question is:
With Zaino AIO already on the truck,.. Do I even need to use a secondary Zaino product like Z-6 or Z-CS for a boost between washes?.
If so, which one?
The Z-6 looks like it's what I want for a boost between washes.
The Z-CS looks like it could be used as a primary coat by itself instead of the Z-AIO.

Thanks in advance for the info.
Regards.. Frank

The best combo to use with Z-AIO is Z-7 to wash your truck (if you wash it yourself) Z-8 to use after washing (and after Z-CS), and Z-CS. If you would say use Z-AIO 2-3 times a year, Z-8 after washes, and use Z-CS every 2-3 months, your truck would always glow, and keeping it clean is very simple, I have several customers and friend doing just that. Z-CS is best when used with a base of Z-AIO or Z-2/Z-5. :)

hcvone
07-19-07, 02:01 PM
hey, hcvone. i have ???
I have 07 escalade (black)and i have heard lots about zaino. i was wondering what product to buy. i take my suv to get it wash but what product u recommend after the wash to put on to get that liquid look on black escalade. (i don't know about washing my car in dish soap???)

We only tell you to wash with Dawn one time to get any waxes or oils off the finish, this way you get the best adhesion with whatever wax product you would use. Having a black truck you should use Z-5 as your wax, here is where you have a choice, you can either use Z-AIO as your base wax and Z-5 to fight light scratches and swirls, great for dark colors, if you are into hard core detailing then you would want to use Z-18 Clay Bar, Z-5 and ZFX, what this does (ZFX) it allows you do multi applications 3 in one day, with multi applications you can cover and fill scratches better, and get a deeper shine, maybe overkill for waht you are looking for. Either way adding Z-8 spray seal for after washes, and Z-CS for the real wet look, and great shine in a wipe on and walk away product, no buffing. :)

dkozloski
07-20-07, 12:51 AM
Everytime I see the name Zaino I think of that song The Weavers recorded about 35 years ago http://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/mediaplayer.asp?ean=015707151627&disc=1&track=3

hcvone
07-20-07, 05:55 AM
Everytime I see the name Zaino I think of that song The Weavers recorded about 35 years ago http://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/mediaplayer.asp?ean=015707151627&disc=1&track=3

After drinking it? ;)

dkozloski
07-20-07, 12:11 PM
After drinking it? ;) Thanks, I hadn't thought of that. I've been drinking Johnson's Pledge.

Dif
07-20-07, 02:27 PM
Carl, thanks much for the info, great help. :)

Also, just some info for everyone reading this thread on Zaino:
I only have 2 coats of Z-AIO on my "Black" 07 EXT and it's about a month since the last coat went on.
Last night I drove 20 miles in the pouring rain.
This morning in the sun,.. it looks like I never took it out of the yard.
Don't get me wrong, it does have some water spots ( very light though I must say ) and standing 5-10 feet away,... you'd never know it was dirty.
Zaino :thumbsup:

alex dubai
07-21-07, 11:11 PM
I Love the looks of this. Any idea where i can purchase that stuff online and get it shipped to Dubai?

hcvone
07-23-07, 07:11 AM
Contact Zaino at info@zainobros.com, ask them how your nearest distributor is.

403HP
07-24-07, 08:58 AM
I put another coat of Zaino on the EXT this weekend. That makes a total of 4 coats over the past 3 months. I just love this stuff! Have a look.

Hey Carl, I bet you are glad I started this thread! I think I need to collect some commision from you for all the new Zaino sales you have made because of it. Just kidding. But I am going to go to your website today. I need to restock.

hcvone
07-24-07, 09:19 AM
:thumbsup:It seems to happen a lot. ;) Your truck looking great has something to do with it. :)

Dif
07-25-07, 08:01 PM
Another episode of Zaino.
I got some Z-CS and Z-5.
The Z-5 to get out the spider webs and light scratches
Already had 2 base coats of Z-AIO so cleaned the truck and used the Z-CS.
Not sure how it's supposed to work but it didn't spread much and didn't seem to do much.
I applied it as per directions but it didn't spread much more than the 3 inch spot spray.
I had to do it in 3-4 inch areas to get the whole fender done, so I only did one fender to see what it would look like.
When done, I ran a cloth over it and there was a lot of drag.
Not smooth / slick and shine was not much different than before.
Just my observation and not knocking it.
I probably need to do something differently.

I then used the Z-5 and WOW... :eek:
I can't believe what it looks like.
Z-5 made the orange peel so hard to see, it's as if it's gone.
It's still there but very hard to see even when trying to look for it.
The shine and depth on the one fender was blacker and shinier than the rest of the vehicle and also made the orange peel on the rest of the vehicle show up more.
I had to do the whole vehicle so it would all match.
Looks like it has a new paint job now :bouncy:

hcvone
07-26-07, 05:49 AM
Another episode of Zaino.
I got some Z-CS and Z-5.
The Z-5 to get out the spider webs and light scratches
Already had 2 base coats of Z-AIO so cleaned the truck and used the Z-CS.
Not sure how it's supposed to work but it didn't spread much and didn't seem to do much.
I applied it as per directions but it didn't spread much more than the 3 inch spot spray.
I had to do it in 3-4 inch areas to get the whole fender done, so I only did one fender to see what it would look like.
When done, I ran a cloth over it and there was a lot of drag.
Not smooth / slick and shine was not much different than before.
Just my observation and not knocking it.
I probably need to do something differently.

I then used the Z-5 and WOW... :eek:
I can't believe what it looks like.
Z-5 made the orange peel so hard to see, it's as if it's gone.
It's still there but very hard to see even when trying to look for it.
The shine and depth on the one fender was blacker and shinier than the rest of the vehicle and also made the orange peel on the rest of the vehicle show up more.
I had to do the whole vehicle so it would all match.
Looks like it has a new paint job now :bouncy:

Z-5 can do a lot on light swirls. The Z-CS should be applied by putting 2 sprays on the applicator before starting, then on each half of the hood I use 2-3 sprays, directly on the hood, and I use 2 sprays directly on each panel and door, you want to spray and wipe in as you go, the roof 4 sprays per each half. 20-30 sprays does everything including the windows. :)

Dif
07-26-07, 12:01 PM
Z-5 can do a lot on light swirls. The Z-CS should be applied by putting 2 sprays on the applicator before starting, then on each half of the hood I use 2-3 sprays, directly on the hood, and I use 2 sprays directly on each panel and door, you want to spray and wipe in as you go, the roof 4 sprays per each half. 20-30 sprays does everything including the windows. :)
Hi Carl, Thanks for the info.
I charge the applicator, spray a spot on the vehicle and start wiping, but it doesn't seem to spread more than a 6-7 inch area.
I keep wiping thinking it will spread but it's like wiping with a dry applicator outside of the area where the initial spray spot is.
I know it's not supposed to be put on too heavy, so is it actually spreading more than can be seen ?

hcvone
07-26-07, 04:22 PM
You should see it somewhat being spread, make sure the car/truck is not too hot to the touch, that will help it spread easier

Dif
07-26-07, 04:39 PM
That's most likely waht it is.
It's been 80-90 here and even though it was in the shade early evening, it was still hot out.
Weather will be hot 80-90 for the next week at least.
Thanks again for the help and I'll be waiting for a cooler day.. :)

hcvone
07-27-07, 06:34 AM
The outside temp does not matter, the paint has to be cool to get good spreadability, have applied it in 97 degree heat but it was in the garage so the paint was cool, well cool for 97 :(

tjfls4
07-29-07, 07:42 PM
looks good man. I gotta try that wax.

BigBoyTruck
08-07-07, 03:44 PM
I must say, Zaino is some good stuff. Thanks to HCVone and their great service and delivery, I was able to apply the products this past weekend. I clayed the car, and applied 2 coats of Z5 with Gloss Enhancer used after each coat. The shine is like a mirror on my Black Escalade.

I'm looking forward to washing it again this week and applying maybe 1 or 2 more coats before weekend.

hcvone
08-08-07, 06:40 AM
Of course we need pixs. ;)

403HP
08-08-07, 01:06 PM

Yes, post pixs. Lets see that baby!

BigBoyTruck
08-08-07, 02:43 PM

I'll take some pics proabably this weekend after I wash and wax again. I really wanted to put 3 coats on this past saturday. However, after washing, drying, claying, washing, drying, wax on, wax off, gloss enhancer, wax on, wax off, gloss enhancer, I was just too tired. Drinking margaritas along the way and doing all of this work in my garage while it was 90 something degrees outside didnt help either. lol

The next go around should be a lot easier. Gonna wash and wax and call it a day.

I dont need the ZFX this time if I'm only going to do one coat correct?

BigBoyTruck
08-08-07, 02:45 PM
Yes, post pixs. Lets see that baby!

Compared to the trucks on this site and the pics I've seen on here, my truck is plain jane. I really havent done any modifications. Its pretty much a 2002 Black stock truck from the factory.

I'll post some pics this weekend.

hcvone
08-08-07, 06:12 PM
I'll take some pics proabably this weekend after I wash and wax again. I really wanted to put 3 coats on this past saturday. However, after washing, drying, claying, washing, drying, wax on, wax off, gloss enhancer, wax on, wax off, gloss enhancer, I was just too tired. Drinking margaritas along the way and doing all of this work in my garage while it was 90 something degrees outside didnt help either. lol

The next go around should be a lot easier. Gonna wash and wax and call it a day.

I dont need the ZFX this time if I'm only going to do one coat correct?

I always use ZFX, speeds drying in hot humid weather, and forms a harder finish. :)

BigBoyTruck
08-10-07, 10:51 AM
I always use ZFX, speeds drying in hot humid weather, and forms a harder finish. :)

Cool. I'll use the ZFX. I've noticed when I fill the 2ox bottle I can get about 2 coats applied. Does that sound about right or am I applying too much?

I hope the weather holds up so I can get some wax on this evening or tomorrow morning.

BigBoyTruck
08-12-07, 02:44 PM
You asked for them. Well, here they are. My 2002 Cadillac Escalade with 4 coats (2 last weekend and 2 this weekend) of Zaino Z5.

http://bigsyd.smugmug.com/gallery/3296200/1/183070356

Hope you enjoy the pics.

99esteees
08-12-07, 02:58 PM
Wow that thing looks like glass. Total beauty man!!

BigBoyTruck
08-12-07, 02:59 PM
I would first try claying them, if they are etched into the clear you will need an abrasive product like Z-AIO (all in one cleaner wax) or Z-PC is a more aggressive paint cleanser. :)

I do have a couple of spots where claying didnt cleanup the paint of water spots. I probaby should have tried one of the products you mentioned above. Perhaps one day I'll give those a try. Fortunately, the spots I refer to are probably only noticeable by me since I'm so critical.

BigBoyTruck
08-12-07, 03:16 PM
Wow that thing looks like glass. Total beauty man!!

Thanks. when I hear compliments it makes me feel like my work payed off. That Zaino is some serious stuff.

hal72
08-19-07, 01:32 PM
Have used my car sometime now and it was time to wash it. I used the Z-7 and Z-6 when it was dry and it still looking good. But even more amazing when I drove to work today it was heavy rain. But when I got in the garage the car is almost totaly dry and only some tiny raindrops. (see picture). I guess this is a good sign and I have applied the zaino correctly

hcvone
08-20-07, 06:46 AM
That is why so many people like it, because of how long it lasts. :)

hal72
08-20-07, 09:04 AM
Yeah:) I am very glad I give it a try and you where totally right about it outlasting carnuba wax etc.. I will never go back. soooooo much better.

But I most say it is very strange it is not more "famous". I read some car magazine and etc. And when the do some wax testing and so on, they almost everytime compare natural waxes.

hcvone
08-20-07, 09:48 AM
A lot like with synthetic oils, carnauba's were all that there was many years ago, now we have better choices. :)