: 2007 bench / bucket question

dchowe
05-07-07, 02:56 PM
Is it possilbe to swap out the second row buckets for a bench? Looking at a 2007 Escalade AWD.

If possible, do you have an idea of the cost?

Thank you,
David

hcvone
05-07-07, 02:59 PM
Yes it's a no cost option when ordering, you would have to find someone to swap with you, or check E-Bay or some junk yards.

dchowe
05-07-07, 03:06 PM
how easy is it to swap out? Are the bolt patterns the same? Could you also use a Denali bench?

Sorry for the multi questions.

lightweight123
05-07-07, 03:46 PM
With my 07 I went to 2 dealers. one didn't want to do anything other than push cars off the lot and gave me some bs about not being able to switch bench/bucket. So I went to the 2nd place where the guy said it wasn't a problem b/c the buckets and the bench have the same bolt pattern. btw, the swap was free. just ask and hope that helps.

scroitoru
04-14-08, 12:08 PM
I am looking at this option as well. I do have the power release second row seat and they are heated too.
So my question is if the bench will have the same power release function and heat?

And when installed, how would one access the third row? Is there a manual fold down ? Do you have any pics?

hcvone
04-14-08, 12:18 PM
The bench folds up but it would not be power, not sure if the bench is heated or not.

TSS
04-14-08, 12:29 PM
I am looking at this option as well. I do have the power release second row seat and they are heated too.
So my question is if the bench will have the same power release function and heat?

And when installed, how would one access the third row? Is there a manual fold down ? Do you have any pics?

Even though it is a bench, it is still split in the middle for folding as I recall. That is how you access third row. Manually fold one of the halves. Not nearly as easy as walking through the middle of the buckets. I have had bench 2nd row twice and buckets this time, buckets are much easier for access.
Why do you need a bench? I thought I did too, then I figured out exactly how many times I needed to transport MORE than six people in the past 5 years. NEVER.

scroitoru
04-14-08, 12:38 PM
well thanks guys. awesome and quick replies.
this was mostly for my piece of mind, coming from a Honda minivan. Now I can sleep better.

BTW, does anybody work these days, or just peaks at this forum :histeric:

hcvone
04-14-08, 12:53 PM
Retired. :)

DIPSET
04-15-08, 01:06 AM
The bench folds up but it would not be power, not sure if the bench is heated or not.

the bench is power and also heated

hcvone
04-15-08, 09:19 AM
the bench is power and also heated

Thanks for that update, the salesman told me the bench was not power, just looked on the Caddy web site and as you said it's power folding, wow that is strange that the salesman didn't know that. :banghead::(