: Auto start question

judiezel
05-07-07, 11:12 AM
I have been on the forum for a while but this is my first post. I have a '07 Escalade and I have noticed that when I have my hazard lights on, my remote start does not work. Has anyone else noticed this??? I'm I just missing something...Thanks for the help.

hcvone
05-07-07, 01:56 PM
Never tried it, I will later and post.

Bu Sneada
05-07-07, 04:29 PM
I tried to auto start the other day with the hood open, didn't start,,, Security issue i guess...

medlines
05-08-07, 04:33 AM
Also I tried opening the hood after I remotely started it and the motor stopped immediately , so it has a lot of logical security and hazard issues.
the idea is to remote start the car since you are not near it to start it, so when you switch your hazard lights or pop the hood, then you are near the car and can put your key in the ignition, but I will try the hazard lights thing.

hcvone
05-08-07, 06:21 AM
I have been on the forum for a while but this is my first post. I have a '07 Escalade and I have noticed that when I have my hazard lights on, my remote start does not work. Has anyone else noticed this??? I'm I just missing something...Thanks for the help.

Mine would not start with the hazard 4 way blinkers on either, but I do not use the remote start feature anyway. :)

nhernandez1616
05-08-07, 04:05 PM
Most, if not all after market remote start kits have the hood feature for a good reason.
<mechanic working on the car\engine with his keys in the pocket. Hits the wrong two buttons....Uh oh...bad news.>
I am not surprised that GM has used this too. Good feature in my opinion. The hazards feature is odd though. I'm sure there is some reasoning behind it.

sj1400
05-08-07, 05:02 PM
I checked yesterday - will not remote start with the hazard lights on.