: My '92 vs. my friends' cars

Mr. '92
05-06-07, 11:41 PM
I have a V8 '92 Deville, 4.9 litre. None of us really want to race on the street but we argue over who could beat who. One of my friends has a V6 '03 Oldsmobile Alero. My other friend has a V6 '04 Pontiac Grand Am SE. My third friend has a 4 cylinder '99 Mitsubishi Mirage. Nobody takes his car seriously though. These cars are all automatic so it pretty much lies on the cars abilities and not are driving. I know none of these are not the greatest or fastest cars around, but it is a friendly quarrel i would like to settle. If anyone has any experience or knowledge of these cars i would like to know who would win, and if it is not me, what cheap things can i do to speed up my car :D.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-07-07, 01:33 AM
Hey there fellow '92 deVille owner, how's it going? Do you have any pictures of your car?

The Alero and the Grand Am are the same car, just different body work. Both have that 3.4L V6....~175hp, ~200 lb/ft of torque. I've raced many a V6 Grand Am in my deVille, and it's always very close, but the deVille edges them out by just the slightest margin in the 60mph range. The Mirage won't be a problem...it's a four cylinder economy car, racing that will be like a walk in the park for your car. Good luck and post the results!

Mr. '92
05-07-07, 08:34 AM
Thanks, I'm thankful for your help.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-07-07, 12:58 PM
No problem, let us know how it goes.

92EldoTC
02-29-08, 05:05 PM
you should come out fairly good against the alero and grand ams, that mirage is what you should look out for.
Maybe you should pass up the race with that car.
No really though, you'll probably come out on top in all three races.
good luck

quins90lac
06-03-08, 03:40 PM
i say you let the cars do the talking put your money where your mouth is and go for it . find a nice stretch of open road measure out 1/4 a mile put two of your friend up against each other and then you and your other friend go at it and who ever wins out of the 2 races each other . just rember don't go wot till about 3 gear heared it ain't good and the trans