: 02 Running Boards - Is the chrome strip replaceable

ScoreBo
05-06-07, 10:22 PM
I want to replace the chrome strips on the running boards of my 02 Escalade. Is this possible or do I have to get new running boards? If so, does anyone have the part numbers for these?

While I am at it, how do you guys find the part numbers? I want to try and source parts outside of my dealership but can't without part numbers.

Thanks,

John

TheCaddyKidd
05-06-07, 10:40 PM
most part numbers can be found on the actual piece you are looking for..

as for the running boards i think you need a whole new running board.. my mother actually just hit a pole.. not sure how but she only managed to damage the running board.. my father is in the auto body industry and if i remember him right i think he said they had to order a whole running board..

ill see if he still has the part number for it.. if your local I can see about getting you one if it fits your budget.. im in NJ

Playdrv4me
05-07-07, 10:30 AM
You will need a new running board.

DLE
05-07-07, 03:50 PM
Not sure what color your escalade is, but I found a set of running boards on craigslist locally.

You should email them or give them a call to see if they will ship it and maybe you can make a deal with them?

Its worth it and can probably save you money rather than buying from the dealers.

Plus, you can have an extra running board? Or sell the extra one on ebay?

Good luck.
http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/pts/324422607.html

Playdrv4me
05-07-07, 04:15 PM
I dont even think the color matters. Those end pieces are detachable, so you could just R&R the interior part with the chrome on it! Thats probably a great deal. Id see if theyd take 200.