: It is me, or this a great deal?

brick760
05-06-07, 12:54 PM
Hi guys, I wanted to see if you experts can enlighten me on this deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-Escalade-ESV-2007-Cadillac-Escalade-ESV-Lease-995-mo-0-Down_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6148QQihZ016QQitem Z260108905312QQrdZ1

This seems like an amazing price, when you factor in the wheels and tires, exhaust, lowering, and the Strut package. What do you guys think? How much would this vehicle cost me if I built it myself from scratch?

Many thanks

Synergetic
05-06-07, 03:39 PM
I think the actual Escalade is overpriced.

TheCaddyKidd
05-06-07, 03:56 PM
it looks ok.. but it depends.. the truck has 10,000 miles on it.. if that doesnt bother you then yea it could be a good deal.. especially if you work the price down a bit.. if i remember right then brand new you can grab a brand new 07 now for under 60.. i think they are on the lots for like 57 or 58 maybe even less.. so figure this guy is asking 65k.. the grille setups goes for what 3g? wheels can range from anywhere between 2k -6k.. this guys doesnt say what brand they are so they could be some cheap brand off ebay but having the strut package makes me think they might be brand name.. the lowering kit again could be about 200-400 and the exhaust is Billy Boat which i think is cheaper then most when compared to Borla, Magna, Corsa, etc.. but lets say he spent 300-400.. so lets say the guys spent ruffly 7 or 8 grand.. if you can get the truck new for 57k and do all the upgrades yourself you could have a brand new truck instead.. i would look around.. there is always a reason why people are selling thier vehicles.. especially with 10k on the car.. just be careful

brick760
05-06-07, 07:44 PM
Thanks a lot guys for your wisdom. I really appreciate it. They guy said the wheels were Echelons. So the 07's are around 57 or 58 right now , huh? Not bad. People are saying 500 over invoice. Is that about right? Any word on when the 08's are going to be out? I like that new gray color. Looks pretty sharp. Thanks again guys!

hcvone
05-07-07, 08:45 AM
It's a nice looking truck with about 10k of upgrades, not a bad deal, but they are not giving it away either. :)

JNL518411
05-07-07, 11:45 AM
I have done my homework on this truck. I saw this auction twice already. The truck is defintely gorgeous and a little over priced. I currently have an 03 ESV with the same wheels they are the Echelon Korums and the pics dont do them justice they are not some knock off brand very good quality. I did my homework on this truck cause I am thinking of getting it but waiting to see if he lowers the price. The normal average person spending that kind of money just likes the truck because its an escalade not all the options. Sometimes it may attract alot of unwanted or misguided attention.

The wheels will probably run you about 5 to 6 k
The strut package is 5100.
The exhaust is around 400
and the lowering kit is around 400 to 500

I have been watching this truck since it first came on ebay originally I believe he was aking 69,995 the first auction.

Now it went down to 65K

The truck is going to turn a year old very soon and not to mention the 08's should be available in around 3 to 4 months which is really going to damage the selling points. Who would pay that for an 07 when you can get an 08 and maybe spend a little less on the grill!

I am very interested in this truck but my wife and I have decided to wait a little while to see what happens with it and if the price goes down a little further for me around 58 or so would be my ideal price. I like the grill but not willing to pay 5100 No Way thats outrageous. Plus we have not even had our 03 a Year yet. But I would not goet rid of my 03 I would just have both the 03 and the 07 and get rid of our other SUV.

TheCaddyKidd
05-07-07, 01:18 PM
the prices you listed could be correct for many things but not many people just throw out that cash right away.. many people shop around.. and there is always a shop that will beat the prices.. for example.. the JL Audio midgate had a retail of like 1400.. some shops were charging 900 for it.. those wheels he has online do go for 5-6k w/ tires however do some shopping.. i know you can find thier 24 inch wheels going for like 1600 w/ no tires so add another grand for tires and you can get Echelon 24's for like 2600 plus shipping.. so i doubt the 26's would be that much higher... the exhaust is another one.. there is always a shop cutting corners to make the sale.. and you can always talk them down.. back when i had my other truck most shops were selling the exhaust for like 300-350.. i got mine for 250.. didnt save much but it does bring it down some and every little bit helps.. Dont get me wrong the truck looks great.. but there has to be a reason he is selling it.. i would watch and be careful.. yea maybe he didnt really have the money to spend on the truck or maybe some isue came up but there might be more reasons..

hcvone
05-07-07, 02:36 PM
It's a nice truck but you could buy a new one and do just what you want to do for about the same price and you have a brand new truck. :) Offer him 58k once the E-Bay thing is over

Synergetic
05-07-07, 03:10 PM
It's a nice truck but you could buy a new one and do just what you want to do for about the same price and you have a brand new truck. :) Offer him 58k once the E-Bay thing is over

Or possibly even less. The truck is still used - 10,000 miles is almost 1 years worth of driving. The value drops just a lot just driving off the lot. It would be different if there was custom fiberglassing, interior work, etc. But they are only modifications. I didn't read the ad, but you also have to consider those tires that cost a couple grand have 10,000 miles on them as well.

Just my 2 cents.

Caddydude420
05-07-07, 10:10 PM
those wheels he has online do go for 5-6k w/ tires however do some shopping.. i know you can find thier 24 inch wheels going for like 1600 w/ no tires so add another grand for tires and you can get Echelon 24's for like 2600 plus shipping.. so i doubt the 26's would be that much higher... .

Where can you find 24" tires for $1000? I paid around $350 a tire a couple months back. That was a hook up from a guy my family has dealt with a couple of times...the package was $500 less than the cheapest I found online. I would say that 26's are close to double th price of 24s too.

MarkMatthews
05-07-07, 10:29 PM
I think 26 inch tires are going for about 600 a piece they have come down a lot. i remeber when they were 1100.00 As far as the truck goes, to give that kind of money it would have to be exactly what i wanted and exactly how id have it. A cars value is only what someone will pay for it.

TheCaddyKidd
05-08-07, 10:12 AM
Where can you find 24" tires for $1000? I paid around $350 a tire a couple months back. That was a hook up from a guy my family has dealt with a couple of times...the package was $500 less than the cheapest I found online. I would say that 26's are close to double th price of 24s too.

it depends on the tires you go for but check ebay.. i saw some brand new Pirelli's in 24 going for like 274 w/ free shipping.. that is per tire so figure a little less than 1100 including shipping.. and if your local to that guy im sure you can grab them cheaper.. but again look on ebay.. i always see brand new tire packages going.. i jsut did a quick search and found sets of 24's going for 900, 1000, etc... and sometimes you can get a great deal... dont get me wrong.. there are packages that will run you 1500 just for tires but it all depends on what brand you are looking for.. alot of times you will find stores going out of business trying to sell their inventory or wholesalers selling direct to public..

JNL518411
05-09-07, 04:28 PM
Yeah of course you can always find better prices somewhere else each competitor is willing to beat the other.

The cheapest 26 Inch tires I have found are 650 Each.
And on the 24 inch unless you get some off brand like hankook or wanali i found the coopers local to me for 1350 mounted and balanced. The cheapest I have founf the Echelon Korums in 24's were around 3K the 26s jump up a big leap to around 5K thats tires and wheels. Sure you can spend less and risk having to purchase new wheels in a yr or so.

The truck is nice but like I said I am waiting plus I have been recently searching and you can get an 07 ESV stock now with around 10K for around 48K and even with all of those upgrades you will be far from 60K