: Auto load leveling?

73Thumper
05-05-07, 12:02 AM
Do all SRX's have automatic load leveling? or is it only for those with MRC?
I was expecting rear air bags in my 07, but it has rear coil springs. Did I miss something? I assumed auto load leveling - as I have the utility package for towing - but I don't have MRC. I did search here and on google, and now I am getting the impression - not only did I not get MRC - with the full sport package - but I also don't have the auto load leveling -as it is part of the shock system, and must be MRC. Experts please help me here. Thanks...

73Thumper
05-05-07, 10:30 AM
Cancel - I found my answer, Nivomat rear shocks...
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/nivomat.html

TSS
05-05-07, 02:03 PM
I read the article. There still may be adifference though w. MRC. When I start my vehicle (with MRC), sometimes the pump activates before I even put it in gear. According to the article, with those particular shocks, the pump ONLY activates after the vehicle begins to move and then levels out in a mile or so. My SLS is also auto-leveling and acts the same way as my SRX (pump runs on initial start-up sometimes).

john d
05-05-07, 02:10 PM
My 04 SRX has MRC and the air pump will start by simply turning on the ignition without starting the engine. Noticed this when I wanted to change the 3 rd row seat position without starting the engine.

TSS
05-06-07, 01:06 PM
My 04 SRX has MRC and the air pump will start by simply turning on the ignition without starting the engine.

That is true with mine as well and a more accurate description! I don't need to actually turn the engine on.

73Thumper
05-06-07, 10:30 PM
Just to clarify, those of us without MRC have the Nivomat shocks, those of you with MRC, do have a seperate air supply for load leveling. The MRC rear shocks are therefor both MRC and air - as I understand it. My '07 without MRC - and the factory 20's - rides and handles well, I would bet though it would be another level up in quality with MRC. To bad Cadillac chose not to offer MRC with the 20" package. I am sure it was a engineering and $ concideration -as they must have chosen to fore go development expense for MRC with the full 20" package as tire/rim weight and other factors would have ment a new part # or CPU updates for a option in '07 they were unsure would have any volumes. My guesse is the '08s will support MRC and 20" wheels if they have seen enough volumes of the full sport option for '07's.