: Oily Carpets

dan1166
05-04-07, 10:59 PM
Just had my car into the Local Cadillac dealership, for an oil change. When I picked up the car, there it was . The mechanic:cookoo: did not put those paper carpet protectors in the car and his oily shoes stained the carpets, the left foot rest,and the bottom of the door. To make matters worse, the interior is the Cashmere color. the rugs and surrounding area's are all oil stained. I think it is safe to assume, he did not put anything over the seat either.:annoyed:

I immediately reported the incident to the service manager, and he advised me to go right to the used car clean up department. So I did, and the clean up person cleaned the carpet. But the next day, when everything dried out, the stains are still visible. From the time that the damage was done, until the time I had the clean up person clean the rugs, was probably a 2-3 hour time lapse. I am thinking that the oil bleed into the carpet fibers.

Does anyone out there, know a good way to clean these carpets, or do I have a permanent oil stail? Your thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dan, the STS Man

dkozloski
05-05-07, 12:38 AM
Go back to the sevice manager and show him the damage. It's his responsibility to get it cleaned to your satisfaction. If he waffles call Cadillac customer service and escalate the complaint. I'd give him a chance to resolve everything but if he didn't I'd go ballistic.

Jesda
05-05-07, 03:04 AM
Try using Folex. Its quite amazing.

Really though, you ought to demand new carpets. Call Cadillac. Dealers hate when people call corporate because it threatens their service department bonus money.

Benjamin Simon
05-05-07, 03:11 AM
Yes, you should have very little problem with getting them to fix this. Just let them know that not only will you give them a bad survey, but you will go out of your way to file a complaint.
This is a no brainer since you are being very reasonable.

z06bigbird
05-06-07, 01:39 PM
Try using Folex. Its quite amazing.

Really though, you ought to demand new carpets. Call Cadillac. Dealers hate when people call corporate because it threatens their service department bonus money.

Call GM without giving dealership enough time to resolve issue will result in a pyrrhic victory. You will need to go back to that dealership for a favor at some time in the future.

Good luck on your decision. Personally, I would work very closely with srvc mgr until he/she gets it resolved.

corvette00
05-07-07, 07:19 AM
These dealers really do not care about being careful with your vehicle. When I had my 05 STS in for service, the dealer washed this car with a carwash brush and left scratches all across the car. This car was black and always hand- washed. To make matters worse, I took delivery of my 07 about one month later (also black), the car had the usual leaks in the front axle. The mechanic worked on this vehicle with out using fender covers, thus I have nicks in both fenders. When I bring these issues up to the dealer they act like this never happens there. GM needs to get on these dealers about this type of stuff.