: '76 FWB - 500 ci firing order?

425 Dual Quad
05-03-07, 05:40 AM
Hi guys -

I've just bought a '76 Fleetwood Brougham and it's running a bit off - there is no accelleration above 60 mph but it cruises at 80mph very happily! It just takes a while to get there.

The car is in the shop and I need it back for my daughter's birthday on Saturday!!!
Does anyone know what the static timing is and more importantly the firing order. I could trace the leads round from #1 b ut I can't be sure the leads are on right!

It seems to run better with the timing at about 40 degrees. I did a search and came up with a blank on firing order for a 500 Cad motor but found conflicting info on static timing - from 10 degrees to 35 degrees.

All advice greatfull reeceived.
Unfortunately I have n't got access to a shop manual at present otherwise I could look it up!

regards & thanks
Nick:)

425 Dual Quad
05-03-07, 07:02 AM
Hi all!

Apparently the firing order is in the driver's handbook - which I have, but not with me or with the car or accessiable for a good number of days! Does anyone have one they can quickly look it up in?

Static timing is 6 degrees arrarently - correct?

regards
Nick:)

425 Dual Quad
05-03-07, 07:40 AM
Hi guys - the question got answered - thanks Nick:)

jmoffo
05-03-07, 09:42 AM
Let us know how it turned out. I drive a '76 Coupe DeVille and she cruises on the highway...what a ride....!

No big accelerations ... but after all ... the '76 was a BIG car:bouncy:

z06bigbird
05-03-07, 10:37 AM
Stop at a garage with a couple of donuts. They will print out useful info from their ALLDATA. Don't forget to return their favor.

425 Dual Quad
05-03-07, 11:53 AM
Hi guys,

Thanks for the info - yes it is a biiig car! I've had a couple of '79 CDVs before and it makes them feel like a sports car!!

As for the donuts and ALLDATA - that's a good idea but I'm in Ireland!
I do have a buddy in the UK who has access to ALLDATA but he's a Linc*ln man!

cheers
nick

The Ape Man
05-03-07, 10:10 PM
Please advise your buddy to seek professional assistance before it is too late. Old GM's are much easier to keep alive than Lincolns. Ignore this if your friend's Lincoln has a 462 engine.