: 07 EXT Remote entry problem

nick1bum
05-02-07, 09:38 AM
I hate to go back to the dealer on this in case it's something I'm missing. All of a sudden, my remote entry system is acting weird. I can lock the doors with the remote, stand there and open them with the remote, but if I go away for awhile and come back I can't unlock them. If I unlock the door manually with the key, then the remote will start working again until I lock it and leave it. I've tried both remotes, same results. Is there a button somewhere that I could have hit by mistake? Anyone else have this problem?

The Bum

Dif
05-02-07, 10:01 AM
I hate to go back to the dealer on this in case it's something I'm missing. All of a sudden, my remote entry system is acting weird. I can lock the doors with the remote, stand there and open them with the remote, but if I go away for awhile and come back I can't unlock them. If I unlock the door manually with the key, then the remote will start working again until I lock it and leave it. I've tried both remotes, same results. Is there a button somewhere that I could have hit by mistake? Anyone else have this problem?

The Bum
I know this doesn't help but your not alone.
Exact same thing happened to me when my Caddy dealer gave me a Chevy Impala rental to use.

Mikebhc
05-02-07, 12:05 PM
I had the same problem with the remote. The dealer had it fixed in about an hour. I was told that the problem was with the , get this, TIRE PRESSURE SENSORS.
I watched the mechanic take the car 4-5 times around the block and checking the tire pressure after each test. Hope your problem is solved the same way.
Mike

Mikebhc
05-02-07, 12:07 PM
PS When you go to the dealer, take with you both remotes.
Mike

hcvone
05-02-07, 12:54 PM
Were all your tire sensors "reporting" the pressures on the DIC when this happened? I know I did not have the rear window latched all the way and I spent 10 minutes trying to figure out why my remote would not lock the doors.

lordkevork
06-05-07, 06:30 PM
I'm having this same problem with my 07. Let me know if you figure it out. I'm bringing mine in soon to get a new windsheild and drivers side interior door handle. I'm going to let them figure this out i guess.

ixthys
05-24-08, 07:53 AM
Has anyone figured out the fix?

I'm having the exact same problems.

Thanks!

TSS
05-27-08, 03:52 PM
I'm having this same problem with my 07. Let me know if you figure it out. I'm bringing mine in soon to get a new windsheild and drivers side interior door handle. I'm going to let them figure this out i guess.

Tell me about the windshield!! Defect?

cadillacroadside
05-27-08, 03:55 PM
there is a new reflash available for intermittent remotes inop, have them vis your vehicle it is also a non compliance recall for the same issue, bring both remotes with you for programming