: 25,000 mile Service

STS2002
05-01-07, 08:20 PM
Well...i'm coming up to 25,000 miles on my STS and I know that there has to be service done to the vehicle. I see in the manual that it includes checking the fuel system for damage/leaks, inspecting exhaust system, and the throttle body service. From those of you that have had this done, is there anything else I should be concerned with when having this done and what was the cost of this service. Thanks in advance for your input.

cooncat
05-02-07, 10:20 AM
Did you buy your car at Ed Morse Cadillac? They have their own service booklet with times and mileage points for service. I don't have it right here at my fingertips. If you could get your hands on that, it should clarify things for you. It you stop by their service department, they will be happy to give you one.

AllWheelEric
05-02-07, 11:46 AM
Be careful -- my dealer (that I used to trust) wanted to sell me $600 worth of additives and inspections. None of the items he proposed looked like "throttle body service" which is what GM calls for. Does anyone know what that really means and what it should cost?

I changed the air filters myself. What a pain in the neck design for the engine air cleaner.

STS2002
05-02-07, 12:38 PM
Be careful -- my dealer (that I used to trust) wanted to sell me $600 worth of additives and inspections. None of the items he proposed looked like "throttle body service" which is what GM calls for. Does anyone know what that really means and what it should cost?

I changed the air filters myself. What a pain in the neck design for the engine air cleaner.

Wow...$600 is rediculas. It doesn't surprise me that the dealership would do that, however. I change the air filter myself and I agree that is a pain in the neck. How about the cabin air filter??? Has anyone replaced that and how hard is it to do?

STS2002
05-02-07, 12:39 PM
Did you buy your car at Ed Morse Cadillac? They have their own service booklet with times and mileage points for service. I don't have it right here at my fingertips. If you could get your hands on that, it should clarify things for you. It you stop by their service department, they will be happy to give you one.

I bought the car in Michigan, but I have all my service work done at Ed Morse. They have been really good so far. I think I'll stop by and get a copy of that.

malcolm
05-02-07, 03:49 PM
Change your oil and filters including air and enjoy driving. Unless you have a symptom I wouldn't take it in for "inspections" I am a big believer in if it's not broken don't feck with it.

flyboy767
05-03-07, 09:39 AM
Sts2002--changed cabin air filter a couple months ago--took less than 10 minutes--piece of cake--unlike the engine air filter!

STS2002
05-03-07, 09:54 AM
Sts2002--changed cabin air filter a couple months ago--took less than 10 minutes--piece of cake--unlike the engine air filter!

Where is it located?

AllWheelEric
05-04-07, 11:48 AM
The cabin air filter is under the hood just forward of the firewall on the passenger side. There is a picture in the owner's manual. Changing it was easy, though I did have to force it a little to clear some of the other doodads under the hood.

z06bigbird
05-04-07, 09:30 PM
If it ain't broken, don't fix it. You can eyeball car on top and underneath. I change rubber hoses after about 4 years. I change tranny fluid at 25k. DO NOT FLUSH!!!

Check fan belt. On throttle body, you can use additive, but not until you experience problems.