Cadillac Owners Forum banner

HELLO and I need help bad!!

827 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  fat6tray 
#1 ·
First off hello to everyone!!! I am excited that I finally found exactly what I was looking for....a forum about CADDYS!!!!
here's where I need a little help.
I bought a 63 coupe deville convertible and I jumped right into the body mods. I shaved the door handles, firewall, and the dash but, now I need to get the thing running. I ave a 500 motor(no wiring) I need to find out the best and most economical way to get a RELIABLE motor in my baby.
Can you guys please give me a little info on where I should go to get a motor or if you think that I should try to get this 500 in there. This is the first Cadillac I have owned but, I am hoping to build a car people will remember once they see it. I have hook ups on everything except a motor and I have very little knowledge of where to start. I would be open to all options(including buying another motor) OH yeah I am going to need brakes and a driveshaft also...
HELP ME PLEASE!!!! THANK YOU!!

#6 ·
I'm tryin to figure out how to get some pics of my car on here for you.
THe only pictures I have are how the car is now because all my other pics are on regular film....Sorry. thanks for the welcoming guys < I am already in a couple of those sights. Here's the link...I decided not to sell it so here are the pics I took when I thought " I couldn't afford to fix my car" but now, I came to grips with the fact that this car is going to eat up all my cash reserves but, I'll BE HAPPY!!! Tell me what you think.
http://www.mautofied.com/default.asp?NavX=M2&Results=Detail&PKID=100013845

#8 ·
I'm not gonna get rid of it anymore!!!!

I realized I can live broke if it means driving that thing.

Thanks for the compliments man!! Wait till you see it painted. She's going to paint in the middle of this month!!! If you think of any good sites where I can buy the motor please let me know about it. I checked those sites and they will all be good places to go when I need parts for the motor but, I M REALLY LOOKING FOR A COMPLETE MOTOR!! :banghead:

#11 ·
thanks for all the ideas and help!!
I was trying to find a turn key motor but, I was talking to this hot rod guy at the bar over the weekend and he was telling me that I would probably be better off just getting the 500 rebuilt. I looked into it and there is a place down the street from my house that has been in business for like 35 years and they do a lot of race motors. He said he would do it for me for $1,500, I'm thinming that's a good dela what do you guys think?? oh yeah!! Just so you guys know...it's going to paint in a week!!! I'll put a lot of pics up to show you guys my motor when it's done and I will be wanting to show of the PAINT!!!! If you guys have pics of your caddys, I would love to see then too!!:worship:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.