: end of lease

pagpc
04-30-07, 11:18 AM
my lease is up in two weeks. will not be buying the car. if any of you have experience turning your caddi in, please let me know what to beware of.

i have really enjoyed this forum, and wish you all the best.

pagpc

TSS
04-30-07, 11:39 AM
Just wondering, what will be replacing your SRX?

smokiejoe
04-30-07, 12:40 PM
Make sure you return the two key Remotes, get the dealer to sign off that these were returned, make sure tires on car have decent tread, or you might get back charged.

pagpc
04-30-07, 02:06 PM
audi q7.

pagpc

c5 rv
04-30-07, 08:10 PM
Why are you choosing the Audi? How does it compare to the 07 SRX, Acadia / Enclave, and MKX?

pagpc
05-01-07, 08:12 AM
i'm buying instead of leasing. felt it would be the best in long term quality. i've been disappointed with the srx's long term quality. not a problem in a 3 year lease, but it is if you buy.

pagpc

Da Dark Jedi
05-01-07, 12:18 PM
I'm also looking at some of the Audi's cars. I'm on the same track as you. I thought I'd wait until the 08 line up is out to let them clear up some bugs, if there are some. Can you be a little more specific about the problems you have encountered?

pagpc
05-01-07, 12:36 PM
problems with the remote key, lose driver's seat, things coming lose like the rear luggage hook, rattles they cannot find nor fix, shake at low rpm. that sort of stuff that makes you crazy.

pagpc

GMJim
05-01-07, 12:38 PM
0% up to 60 months on 07 SRX.
need a discount?

john d
05-01-07, 01:25 PM
I've never been able to figure what was the best financially ...lease or buy.
Sure would be enlightening to know:
a what the window sticker bottom line was for your SRX
b what the kbb.com now states its private party and trade value is now
c what the Caddy buy number is for you.
d how much was your total lease cost over what time period.
I know that's a lot of work for something that's a done deal but sure would be an interesting case study!
Thanks in advance if you have time!

donjumpsuit
05-01-07, 01:45 PM
As far as the Q7 is concerned, I drove the "S" version and was EXTREMELY disapointed by the muscle provided by the engine, it cornered great, and had a air of quality (as far as interior and exterior were concerned) but the engine and pickup felt like a honda accord.

MortnCyn
05-01-07, 02:28 PM
0% up to 60 months on 07 SRX.
need a discount? No 0% in central Illinois. Very common though that we do not see the good discounts. It seems most of the best discounts are in metro areas where there is more dealer inventory to be moved. Still not many N*'s in stock anywhere.

The V-6 is not a very good buy now if one looks a GMC Acadia and all the options you can add for a lot less money. Longer wheel base, more passenger/cargo room, 6 speed tranny, more air bags/curtains etc.
Heck, you even get turn signal in the side view mirrors.

Beginning to think that the '04 thru '08 SRX buyers were the testing ground for the other GM crossovers.

louisn
05-01-07, 03:25 PM
As far as the Q7 is concerned, I drove the "S" version and was EXTREMELY disapointed by the muscle provided by the engine, it cornered great, and had a air of quality (as far as interior and exterior were concerned) but the engine and pickup felt like a honda accord.
I ahve a 6 speed V-6 accord coupe with 244 hp as well as a NV-8 SRX--While the SRX is very powerful for its heft, The Accord is much faster.:yup: :lildevil:

pagpc
05-01-07, 04:45 PM
mine is a business car. as such, i lease for 100% write off, subject to me personal use. you can buy, as a full corporation, a 6000lbs plus gvw suv, and depreciate over 5 years. lease makes little sense unless it is a business lease.

pagpc

donjumpsuit
05-01-07, 04:57 PM
I ahve a 6 speed V-6 accord coupe with 244 hp as well as a NV-8 SRX--While the SRX is very powerful for its heft, The Accord is much faster.:yup: :lildevil:

Lets go.

Honestly. My roomate has an 2006 V6 Acura TL, it may have as much stamina to keep up with me in the quarter mile, but there is NO way it can beat my V8 SRX off the line (with AWD).

I could dust you any day

louisn
05-02-07, 08:51 AM
Lets go.

Honestly. My roomate has an 2006 V6 Acura TL, it may have as much stamina to keep up with me in the quarter mile, but there is NO way it can beat my V8 SRX off the line (with AWD).

I could dust you any day
You might win a blizzard. :tisk: The Accord V-6 6 speed is under 6 seconds 0-60 according to road and track. The SRX is about 6.5 seconds. I drove a 2006 Tl and owned a 2001 CL-S before the Accord too--about the same as the Accord. Both the srx are very fast but 3500 lbs < 4500 lbs.when trying to accelerate and the 6 speed is much more efficient at putting hp at the wheels than a 4 wheel drive auto tranny. :bighead:

donjumpsuit
05-02-07, 10:39 AM
Like I said,
I don't give a chinchillas behind what road and track says, maybe its my aftermarket 20"'s, maybe its my precision foot.
I have your ass off the line, not to mention a 350Z AND a G35.

TSS
05-02-07, 12:26 PM
Where are you guys meeting for the big race? Somewhere between California and Arkansas I suppose.......:rolleyes:

louisn
05-02-07, 02:59 PM
Like I said,
I don't give a chinchillas behind what road and track says, maybe its my aftermarket 20"'s, maybe its my precision foot.
I have your ass off the line, not to mention a 350Z AND a G35.
Maybe from 0-5mph in the blizzard--then you are a smaller and smaller reflection in my Accord's rear view mirror.:thepan: BTW, I own both vehicles!:worship:

louisn
05-02-07, 03:01 PM
double post

lbwd
05-02-07, 03:43 PM
Let's see your Accord race my STS. That's what I thought :yup:

Maybe from 0-5mph in the blizzard--then you are a smaller and smaller reflection in my Accord's rear view mirror.:thepan: BTW, I own both vehicles!:worship:

louisn
05-02-07, 07:58 PM
Let's see your Accord race my STS. That's what I thought :yup:
Cadillac lists the STS 6 cylinder at less than 7 seconds 0-60 and the 8 cylinder at less than 6 seconds . You would be close if you have the 8 cylinder STS since the Accord 6 cylinder 6 speed is a documented 5.9. If you have a 6 cylinder STS, you would be a mere speck in my rear view mirror based on Cadilac's own numbers. I assume you don't have the real performance STS, the V.:worship:

lbwd
05-02-07, 08:39 PM
Not being rude or disrespectful...
Honest feelings right here, from experience.

I have a 1996 STS. I am not talking 0-60, BTW. lol the only problem with forums is this Honda shit talk. Everyone w/ a honda thinks they can out run any Cadillac. Think again. The performance and handling on the Cadillac STS owns any honda. Race me from a stop or a roll, after 45mph, you here me shift and there I go, right by you. I have wasted time with them before. The Accord is no match, we don't have anything in common. I bet an Escalade have you.

Says here your competitors are the:
* Toyota Camry
* Ford Fusion
* Hyundai Sonata

Excuse me while I LMAO.
http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef861d9

louisn
05-03-07, 09:25 AM
Not being rude or disrespectful...
Honest feelings right here, from experience.

I have a 1996 STS. I am not talking 0-60, BTW. lol the only problem with forums is this Honda shit talk. Everyone w/ a honda thinks they can out run any Cadillac. Think again. The performance and handling on the Cadillac STS owns any honda. Race me from a stop or a roll, after 45mph, you here me shift and there I go, right by you. I have wasted time with them before. The Accord is no match, we don't have anything in common. I bet an Escalade have you.

Says here your competitors are the:
* Toyota Camry
* Ford Fusion
* Hyundai Sonata

Excuse me while I LMAO.
http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef861d9
Truthiness (defined by Colbert Report) at its worse. Facts like 0-60 times mean nothing to you? Just because you paid $50,000 for a Cad doesn't mean it's better or faster, or handles better than my 25,000 Accord. I have a 51,000 SRX and it is bigger and more luxurious in its own way than my Accord but it is slower than my Accord. Have you ever even been in a 6 speed-6 cylinder Accord coupe? It's very fast, has every luxury item I need, and handles great despite its minimal cost. I love both my Cad and Honda but facts are facts.:tisk:

donjumpsuit
05-03-07, 10:52 AM
Alright, all this posturing is retarded.
I happen to like honda accord coupes, v6's. I have been in one, as one of my coworkers has owned a 2006 since august 05. As I stated before, my roomate owns the acura v6 of the same size. IN fact, due to the fact that you could probably sell your accord for more than you paid for it, makes me a very jealous man as far as resale values go.
I don't know if they manufactured 2004 SRX's different, but my 2005 beats just about anything off the line. I know something about speed, my other vehicle is a 2003 Suzuki GSXR 1000 sportbike.
As I stated before, after it gets off the line, the lighter V6 defiantly has the ability to keep pace with the heavier SRX. But it is an issue of Torque that makes the difference. The Northstar system is so Torqued it just has quicker pop. 315 ft-lbs per 211 ft-lbs on the accord.
In the microcosm of a few seconds. The SRX engine and drivetrain has almost 50% greater efficiency in transferring the power generated by the engine to pushing the wheels. If this is taken into account there is no way anyone can argue about initial inertia. It would mean the SRX would have to weigh 3X the amount of the accord coupe to have the same line times.
Remember, once we both get going, I agree your engine to weight ratio, produces more beneficial results.

lbwd
05-03-07, 10:56 AM
All I am saying is that if you took your Accord against my '96 Seville STS, you may win the 0-60; however, from that point forward I'd own the race. My STS is also Z-rated and it's real performance kicks in the higher end speeds. And let's not use definitions from Comedy Central.

z06bigbird
05-03-07, 11:06 AM
Clean car, wash, etc.
When I turned in a Porsche and an M45, a third party inspector took 45 min and took pics of everything.

Porsche wanted to charge for every little burnish on the paint (after 3 years). Ridiculous. Inspector also looked at windshields to make sure they were manufac windshields. If not, I would have had to pay for a factory windshield.

Good luck. I recommend having dealer inspect car, and getting a signature. I turned in a Suburban, and leasing company called me a couple of months later looking for it. I had name and signature.