: Help - 07 owners with 20" wheel option

73Thumper
04-30-07, 09:19 AM
I am on track to purchase a '07 SRX with the full sport package. My feet are getting a little cold with all the great talk of MRC - and the lack of it when you have the full sport option with 20" wheels. For those that went the full "Sport" option route - how do you feel about the ride and handling the this package? I know it is subjective - and I have not driven a SRX with MRC so I guesse I don't know what I am missing - I am also new to Cadillac and the SRX. I have asked dealers why no MRC and 20" wheels - and have had no solid answers - other than GM did not have time to set the MRC up for the "Sport 20's" / 07's with MRC. If I buy this car - and the wife hates the ride - I will be in the dog house for years.... Note I can't test drive as I am 600 miles from the car...(and no dealers around here have one with the full sport option). Thanks

TSS
04-30-07, 10:37 AM
There is likely not a single person here with MRC that would not demand it on a replacement SRX. Strangely, I also could not get "Autoride" on a Tahoe if it had the 20" wheel package. Autoride is kind of like MRC, but nowhere as effective.

If I felt I had to have 20 inch wheels, I would buy an SRX with MRC and then get aftermarket wheels - or even OEM 20 inch SRX wheels. Certainly MRC is compatible with 20 inch wheels, just not offered. EWILL, I am correct on this, right?

irishpride
04-30-07, 04:59 PM
i just bought mine saturday and i love it. rides great.:D

73Thumper
05-01-07, 08:07 AM
irishpride, tell me more. You have the full sport option? Which engine and is it 2wd or AWD? Thanks

Oh, for those who may have also followed my other post on '07 buying advice - the vehicle I had a deposit on was sold to someone else - because I am a idiot - so now I have to start my searching over again. I am sick to my stomach over it as well....

Anyone else have info on '07s with factory 20's - and ride control/quality?

I did learn from the dealer - if your have MRC - the cost of each strut/shock is very nasty - good thing for warranties. (cost is approx. $700 for MRC and about $120 for non MRC per strut - I would assume shocks for the rear are a little less)

Tom Wheeler
05-01-07, 10:00 AM
My 07 AWD came with 17" wheels; I decided to shop for aftermarket 20" wheels with the same fitment as the factory 20's. I also put 265-50x20 Toyo S/T on all four, as this is the same size as the factory 20" Sport Package. Before I made this change I drove back to back my 07 with the 17's and a 07 with the 20" sport package just to make sure the ride would not suffer. In my opinion the 20" package did not degrade the ride, and this was a surprised. Now the big plus again in my opinion, is that the Toyo S/T's are a much better tire (ride, traction wet & dry, longer life, & quieter) than the OEM Goodyear RSA's. And for the $2000 I spent on the new 20” wheel & tires, I also still have the 17” OEM wheels and tires for winter driving plus will be able to turn my vehicle in at the end of the lease with those same low mileage OEM’s.
Don’t get me wrong, I love the look of the 20” Sport Package wheels and grille, and had the opportunity when I got my SRX to get the same vehicle, color and options as the one I got but with the 20” package. It was a tuff decision, it could have gone ether way, but in the end I like my Inferred SRX with the 20” Zenik wheels, S/T tires and E&G custom single mesh grille, gives it a more personal touch.

Good luck,
Tom Wheeler

73Thumper
05-01-07, 11:02 AM
Tom, as you had 17" I assume V6. Also I assume you do not have MRC?
I would love to see a pic of your car.

Tom Wheeler
05-01-07, 12:49 PM
You are right V-6 without MRC, I have updated pics at home, I'll post them tonight.
So, did you get your orginal 20" SRX deal or not? I know in some locations trying to find one with the stuff you want can be difficult. But here in the Detroit area, every dealer has a vast choice, V-6, V-8, 18 & 20 Sport Package or not, and colors to pick from. I just looked up the inventory for Crestview Cadillac, my dealer, and they have 13 with the 20" sport and 4 with the 18" sport package in stock now.

Tom

73Thumper
05-01-07, 04:50 PM
Tom, I got the one I wanted, all is well now, flying out with my son to pick it up - hopefully Thursday. I to will post pics once it is home and cleaned from the drive.... Mine is the new Sunset Blue color - have never seen one this color - like it or not - it will be unique.... My concern without MRC was ride quality - but as others have told me - it is a Cadillac. I do have
18" very low profile on my mustang - with a worn suspension - and it rides pretty damn good - for a Stang...

Tom Wheeler
05-01-07, 07:38 PM
Here is a shot of my 07 with Zinik 20", Toyo S/T 255-50x20's and the E&G grille.

Tom

73Thumper
05-01-07, 10:41 PM
VERY nice Tom, hard to believe this color is gone for the '08's..... I also like that you put the crest/wreath back on the grill. Those wheels also set it off very nicely...

73Thumper
05-02-07, 11:17 AM
There is a dealers pic on Page 6 of my other thread - 07 SRX buying advice..

lennyk1
05-03-07, 03:15 PM
Hey Thumper.....maybe these insights will help you

We had a '04 N* fith AWD, 18"s and MRC. It drove like a dream. The car was recently totalled after only having it about 7 months. We decided to utilize the incentives to get a new '07 vs. certified used and ran into the dilemma you are seeing. We finally went with the V6, AWD, Full Sport Package w/20" and frankly are very pleased with the ride and handling.....not having MRC is NOT a major issue to us and LOVE the improvements the '07 represents. My/our input would be that the MRC '04 and the non-MRC '07 do not have that much of a gap to let it worry you.....cannot comment about non-AWD since both samples had that......miss the N* but hey, cannot wipe the smiles off our faces when we drive the '07 so 'nuff said.