: Official 2008 Cadillac Escalade Updates, Changes from GM Dealerworld...

GM-4-LIFE
04-28-07, 01:37 PM
Just thought you guys would want to know the changes firsthand for the 2008 Escalade published by GM on April 27, 2007.

Bluetooth not available yet according to 2008 ordering guide. Who knows if it will be a mid-year cycle change, but as of the newly published data, NO BLUETOOTH!!!!

NEW! V8 Ultra Luxury Collection, includes (U3R) audio system with navigation, (UVC) Rearview camera system, (TQ5) IntelliBeam headlamps, (KB6) heated and cooled seats, (KA9) heated steering wheel, (ARS) power release second row seat,(P56) 22" x 9" (55.9 cm x 22.9 cm) 7-spoke chromed aluminum wheels and (CF5)power sunroof.
1 - Can substitute (PD5) 18" x 8" (45.7 cm x 20.3 cm) 7-spoke chromed aluminum wheels for (P56) 22" x 9" (55.9 cm x 22.9 cm) 7-spoke chromed aluminum wheel in (PDW) V8 Ultra Luxury Collection.

New Colors:

NEW! Stealth Gray 46U
NEW! Infrared1 80U

That is all the new updates GM put on the 2008 Escalade. I am sure you will all be disappointed that there is no Bluetooth on the Escalade as of yet, but GM offers it on the STS. If they can do it on the STS, why can't they integrate it into the Escalade? Both vehicles pretty much have the same interior center stack. Doesn't make sense. Oh well. Who said GM ever made sense?

SG

caddycruiser
04-28-07, 08:48 PM
More formally, from the online ordering guide:

Deletions
Exterior color (53U) Radiant Bronze
Exterior color (63U) Red E
Power liftgate interior strap (power liftgate is standard.
(PCW) Information Package
(PCX) Climate Package
Late deletions: Under hold air filter gage. Oil level switch in oil pan (2008i). 2 additional DVD map updates. Rubber finger on liftgate pull-down hand cup.

New Features
Exterior color (46U) Stealth Gray
http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/images/lightduty/newfeatures/08cadesc_gm46wa928l_nf.jpg
Exterior color (80U) Infrared. Available at extra charge.
http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/images/lightduty/newfeatures/08cadesc_gm80wa301n_nf.jpg
(PDW) V8 Ultra Luxury Collection (Navigation, Rear Camera, IntelliBeam headlamps, Heated/Cooled Seats, Heated Steering Wheel, Power Release 2nd row seat, 22" Wheels.
New Key Fob design
Late adds: "Dome Off" lettering on lamp controls

Changes
All rear badging changes to "Escalade" and will be located on the lower right of the liftgate. Side door badging will not change.
PRNDL indicator changes from green to red LEDs
Symbol for power liftgate disable changes from circle to "off"
Second row bench storage changes to twin cupholders

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2008&butID=1&regionID=1&divisionID=5&vehicleID=4656&type=0#

Playdrv4me
04-28-07, 11:37 PM
Wow, thats a bummer. Im surprised about the Bluetooth as well. All of the other changes seem like packaging and trim related things. Dont know if 07 has Intellibeam, but most reports from the STS owners indicate its more of a novelty than of any real use.

Heres hoping for 2009 or mid 2008.

Ray24
04-28-07, 11:37 PM
When can I order a 2008 EXT!! I NEED it as SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!! If it's after May I think I might have to go with an 07 until the 2009's. Anyone info on when i can order please???

GM-4-LIFE
04-29-07, 03:00 AM
Playdrv4me,

My wife's 2007 Escalade was built in September of 2006 and it is equipped with intellibeam standard.

Ray24,

Call any Cadillac dealer's ordering personnel and let them know that you want to order a 2008 Escalade and if they are up on their stuff, they will be able to put the order in for you. You will have to wait until August to get it because even if they start building them in July, (which I am sure they start the new model year in July) it takes 3-4 weeks for the vehicle to reach the dealer. So prepare to wait.

SG

cadymon
04-29-07, 04:16 AM
infrared looks tight imo and all the options seems the ame as 07.

hcvone
04-29-07, 07:28 AM
Wow, thats a bummer. Im surprised about the Bluetooth as well. All of the other changes seem like packaging and trim related things. Dont know if 07 has Intellibeam, but most reports from the STS owners indicate its more of a novelty than of any real use.

Heres hoping for 2009 or mid 2008.

As said Intellibeam was standard with I believe the information package, and works very well we I live, I thought it would be a stupid option, but works great. It seems they got rid of the two free DVD map upgrades to 08' owners. Was pretty sure there would be no Bluetooth with the STS problems. :)

Rolex
04-29-07, 02:38 PM
I like the infrared color....it's what's on my 03. The grey color is very nice. :thumbsup:

mallettv
04-29-07, 05:15 PM
I just read that there is going to be a updated Key Fob as well!

caddycruiser
04-29-07, 06:58 PM
I just read that there is going to be a updated Key Fob as well!

Yes, that's clearly mentioned above just as printed in the ordering guide, and really an expected change given the new fob that was in car news a few months ago.

Kappa-Lac
04-29-07, 08:55 PM
As said Intellibeam was standard with I believe the information package, and works very well we I live, I thought it would be a stupid option, but works great. It seems they got rid of the two free DVD map upgrades to 08' owners. Was pretty sure there would be no Bluetooth with the STS problems. :)

How do you get the free DVD map upgrades?

viper612
04-29-07, 10:17 PM
Wonder if the 2008's come with the free drivers side wind noise that came on the 2007's?

Dif
04-29-07, 11:29 PM
Wonder if the 2008's come with the free drivers side wind noise that came on the 2007's?
I was thinking the same thing.. :rolleyes:

Dif
04-29-07, 11:51 PM
I just received mail from the GM Nav Disc Center telling me a page was omitted from the Nav Manual that came with the vehicle.
Included was the omitted page which says:
Free Nav update discs will be provided on the 1st, and 2nd, Anniversary of my delivery date.
It states I will receive a Post Card from the GM Nav Disc Center 4-6 weeks before the Aniversary date asking me to confirm my address.
After I confirm my address they will send the disc and I should receive it within 2 weeks time. :)

tpcss
04-30-07, 06:29 AM
That's good info on the DVD update, thanks Dif. I haven't received anything from the GM Nav Disc Center yet, how long have you owned your 07?

hcvone
04-30-07, 08:18 AM

Look up two posts. ;)

Quickshift
04-30-07, 08:51 AM
will the new key fob work on the 07?

benamaster
04-30-07, 10:43 AM
will the new key fob work on the 07?

With the minor changes in 2008 it might be better to get a 2007 and upgrade the Key Fob. I sure hope it would. I assume if the Tahoe key fob doesn't change that its the same frequency and technology so you could upgrade to it.

hcvone
04-30-07, 11:25 AM
Of course I am sure there will be many upgrades (probably some down grades too :( ) , there was many changed to my newest 07' vs. my first 07'. :)

Dif
04-30-07, 11:42 AM
That's good info on the DVD update, thanks Dif. I haven't received anything from the GM Nav Disc Center yet, how long have you owned your 07?
A little over 4 months now.. since Dec 19th '06.
THe Nav Disc Center phone# is 1-877-628-3472.

I'm also trying to find out why my radio doesn't mute when I get a voice promp but they don't seem to know either and recommended calling Cadillac Customer Service.

flyboy767
04-30-07, 12:37 PM
HCVONE--what have they changed on your latest 07 from your earlier one?

hcvone
04-30-07, 01:26 PM
Different home link, looks almost the same can't say if it's better or worse, they changed the tire pressure sensors, the old ones were aluminum and were bolted on, the new ones are rubber and brass and they are the "pull thru" style, look almost like standard valve stems. There were two other things that I have to look at my notes when I get home :banghead:

tpcss
05-01-07, 05:54 AM
A little over 4 months now.. since Dec 19th '06.
THe Nav Disc Center phone# is 1-877-628-3472.

I'm also trying to find out why my radio doesn't mute when I get a voice promp but they don't seem to know either and recommended calling Cadillac Customer Service.

Thanks for the info Dif. I'll wait a couple of months then give them a call :yup:

bartturner
05-04-07, 09:57 AM
I have intelibeam on my 2007 esv. Thought it would be a novelty but instead it is very helpful and works extremely well. I am shocked how well it works.

I follow the board closely and have not seen anyone say anything negative about Intellibeam on the Escalade

Dif
05-04-07, 12:24 PM
I have intelibeam on my 2007 esv. Thought it would be a novelty but instead it is very helpful and works extremely well. I am shocked how well it works.

I follow the board closely and have not seen anyone say anything negative about Intellibeam on the Escalade
Yes it does work Very Well.
I wasn't sure what was wrong with mine at first but then realized it doesn't work when the Fog lights are on.
I really like it now that I have been using it.. :yup: