: Looking to sell my '88 brougham

johnvosh
04-27-07, 01:34 PM
G'day. Well I just bought myself a new truck so I am looking to sell off my brougham d'elegance. I was wondering how much I should sell it for. It is loaded, has a cd player and has been inspected in Alberta. The only problems are the cruise control doesn't work, the muffler needs to be replaced, and there is a crack along the entire bottom of the windshield. I have attached a couple of pics to help. All of your help is greatly appriciated. As of right now, the car is located in Invermere, BC.:)

Jonas McFeely
04-27-07, 11:02 PM
See what its worth www.kbb.com.

If you clean it up,depending on mileage and a few other factors,i wouldnt expect more than $1500US on a good day.

eldorado99
04-27-07, 11:13 PM
Man I hate to say this, but judging by the pics, and by where it is located, I would expect to sell it for about 500 bucks. That is unless the mileage is considerably less than it looks like it is.

Old Fleetwood
04-27-07, 11:46 PM
Using New England zip code for the KBB, and rating it as only FAIR, I get $1,275.00 U.S.

Destroyer
04-28-07, 07:38 AM
I'm assuming the car has well over 100k miles. If thats true, and by the looks of it (not bad, just a bit worn) I'd say a realistic price would be $700-$1000. Selling a large V8 car/truck over the next few months with the current gas prices and anticipation of $4/gallon prices is going to be hard. Our cars will pretty much have to be given away. Not a bad thing necessarily as it will be an excellent time to buy. :thumbsup:

creeker
04-28-07, 05:38 PM
I'm looking for a 87 - 92 brougham,but to be honest it doesn't have the
x factor,eye appeal. I would say $2000.00 cdn. What's the klicks on it?.

Benzilla
04-28-07, 05:45 PM
That could be such a sharp car with a little work.

But right now I wouldn't pay much over $500 for it.

z06bigbird
04-29-07, 08:15 PM
Gasoline prices will make that car a tough sell. Also, many buyers do not want to SPEND A PENNY on any car they buy. If you could get someone to weld a universal muffler on that car, it would help your sale. Problem is that the pipes are frequently rusted out. You could easily spend $300 or more on exhaust.

Good luck.