: Picking up my new 07 EXT today

dgold21
04-27-07, 12:39 PM
Have been lurking in here for a few days now, thought I might introduce myself...I have a feeling I'll be posting more after today. I'm heading out in a couple hours to pick up my new black/black EXT. :bouncy:

I don't know how much I'll be modifying it, it's a lease for one...plus, it's fully loaded, every option (except the power assist steps - I didn't like the gap when they were retracted). Does anybody have any info on what kind of mods you are allowed to do on a lease?

I'm going to keep the 22s and stock height, regardless...but what other kind of common mods would one consider?

nhernandez1616
04-27-07, 03:12 PM
I did front tints, HID fogs, hyper white parking lights, and painted the grille to match the body, black. Many people just buy a new grille and get theirs cut up. I also put some 24's on but probably wont lower it. I would recommend the grille. Looks real sharp and it cost me $100.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum/104893-07-ext-24s-color-matched-grill.html

hcvone
04-27-07, 03:39 PM
Welcome to the Forum :) and best of luck with your new truck. Just read the posts, there are many options for mods. :)

dgold21
04-28-07, 11:18 PM
Thanks, I have seen many slick and interesting mods in reading through the forums, I didn't mean to come off as lazy for not looking; I guess I was more interested in if anybody could tell me what kind of mods would be appropriate/inappropriate for a leased vehicle. Don't want to do anything that I'll get dinged for at the end...

blackdog
04-29-07, 12:32 AM
be prepared to put it back to stock when you turn it in. May be a bit silly to put money in a vehicle that you walk away from when lease is up.

caddycruiser
04-29-07, 03:35 PM
be prepared to put it back to stock when you turn it in. May be a bit silly to put money in a vehicle that you walk away from when lease is up.

Exactly. Just look for things that can be easily removed at the end of the term, and not leave any residue, marks, etc. I'm thinking ventvisors, hood shield, lightbulb changes (though on an Escalade, this probably isn't valid), etc. Just the easy topical stuff.

dgold21
04-29-07, 07:00 PM
Okay, well I'll probably leave it alone then...I was thinking there may be improvements/additions that might not affect the residual, and possibly even improve it. First time I've ever leased, so I wasn't sure. It's gorgeous the way it is...fully loaded, so a few of the items I was considering was:

Performance CAI
Upgraded mats w/ emblems
Color-matched grille
Exhaust tip
Chrome gas door