: Arnold Palmer?

JimmyH
04-27-07, 09:35 AM
I saw a silver STS-V on a trailer this morning on my way to work. Right above the V logo on the trunk was a decal "Arnold Palmer" with some small yellow logo to the right of that, I was on the highway so I could not focus on it.

Anyone know about this? Special edition? Or does ol'Arnold now have his own dealership? This was outside Chicago by the way on I-294. And it is only the second STS-V I have seen around here.

thefred
04-27-07, 09:41 AM
After a quick Googling, there are Arnold Palmer Cadillac dealerships in Pineville and Charlotte, North Carolina....

ssstealth
04-27-07, 09:53 AM
Yes, and Arnold Palmer Cadillac is one of the only dealerships in NC where you may even see an STS-V. I love when I pull into a Caddy dealership and my V is the first one they have seen in person!

GM-4-LIFE
04-27-07, 01:11 PM
Yes, and Arnold Palmer Cadillac is one of the only dealerships in NC where you may even see an STS-V. I love when I pull into a Caddy dealership and my V is the first one they have seen in person!

Its funny that you mention that because I thought I was going to feel the same way when I took my STS-V in for warranty repairs yesterday afternoon, but they had one on the showroom floor and two in the service department. That feeling was ruined for me. :crybaby:

SG

Davidstan
04-27-07, 01:45 PM
This is pretty crazy but i would bet that Palmer STS V was the one i was to get as my repurchase vehicle. Palmer Cddy in NC trucked it to my dealership in ATL (Platinum) and my dealer refused shipment because of a badly scratched underneath front clip. Goes to the rarity of our cars.:highfive:

I ended up with a Bomarrito STS V in St Louis.

JimmyH
04-27-07, 04:08 PM
This is pretty crazy but i would bet that Palmer STS V was the one i was to get as my repurchase vehicle. Palmer Cddy in NC trucked it to my dealership in ATL (Platinum) and my dealer refused shipment because of a badly scratched underneath front clip. Goes to the rarity of our cars.:highfive:

I ended up with a Bomarrito STS V in St Louis.

Maybe, but NC to ATL via Chicago is a little out of the way. We were heading south at the time.

I gotta say, that STS-V is one good looking car.

Davidstan
04-27-07, 05:59 PM
Maybe, but NC to ATL via Chicago is a little out of the way. We were heading south at the time.

I gotta say, that STS-V is one good looking car.

No this happened a good while back. Probably headed to another dealer.

z06bigbird
04-29-07, 03:49 PM
My next mod: Arnold Palmer logos.

ssstealth
04-30-07, 12:24 PM
I took it as a sign of class that my dealer dod NOT logo my car!

dhemrick
04-30-07, 01:12 PM
I took it as a sign of class that my dealer dod NOT logo my car!

Yeah... I can't stand those things. They are very tacky. I agree with you that it is a sign of class for a dealership to NOT do this.

I even went to pick up a car once (my red 02 Eldorado), and even though I told them specifically not to put the logo on the car, they did it anyway.

Although I could have taken it off myself with a hair dryer, it really peeved me off that they would slap their logo on the trunk lid even though I specifically asked them not to. I made them call in their detail guy on a Saturday to take it off just on principle.

MY CAR IS NOT A ROLLING ADVERTISEMENT FOR YOUR DEALERSHIP!

Although.... I will admit to looking at them on other cars out of curiosity to see where they came from. :)

Davidstan
04-30-07, 02:53 PM
I always take the logo off but was disappointed that my final car came from another dealer. Had it come from Arnold palmer w/ a decent looking script logo i may have left it on.

thefred
04-30-07, 03:15 PM
I don't care for the advertising either. Its hereditary-my Dad hates that too! When I went to test drive my car the dealer's embz was on there and I was going to tell them to take it off. But, when I came back to actually purchase it, it was already gone! Someone must have decided that it looked tacky to have a Chevy dealership's embz on a Cadillac!

dhemrick
04-30-07, 07:33 PM
...Someone must have decided that it looked tacky to have a Chevy dealership's embz on a Cadillac!

LOL I agree. I really hate seeing a car with the emblem of a completely different make on it.

I know it's just me being overly analytical, but I am always a little suspicious of a newer model car that was traded into another make's dealership. When it is an obvious trade up or down (Chevy vs. Cadillac), it's OK I suppose.

However, if I see a car from a competing make's dealership (Cadillac from a Lexus dealer or Mercedes from a BMW dealer let's say), I would wonder what was wrong with the such a new car that it was traded in for another competing car so soon.

JimmyH
04-30-07, 07:57 PM
However, if I see a car from a competing make's dealership (Cadillac from a Lexus dealer or Mercedes from a BMW dealer let's say), I would wonder what was wrong with the such a new car that it was traded in for another competing car so soon.

They were like me before I got married, new car every 1.5 to 2 years.

thefred
04-30-07, 09:09 PM
I know it's just me being overly analytical, but I am always a little suspicious of a newer model car that was traded into another make's dealership. When it is an obvious trade up or down (Chevy vs. Cadillac), it's OK I suppose.
Generally, I would agree. However, in my case, I actually know the history. The Chevy delaer is part of a group that has a Cadillac dealership and they used their Cadillac delaership to buy my car from GM as mine was a GM demo/executive (beat the hell out of it) car. The auction they bought it from was in Atlanta so I guess they figured they wold try to sell it here and if that didn't work, they would send it to their related Cadillac dealer in Florida.