: Question

Gytkit
04-25-07, 01:57 PM
Hey all!
I have a 04' SRX V-8 AWD with 35k on it. I have a noise coming from the motor that sounds like a bearing? It is a slight noise that changes with the rpm's and is worse when it is cold outside and the motor is cold. I had a tech at the garage ride with me and he thought it was the alternator and said it was normal? The best way to describe is a "weering" noise??? Hope that makes sense. Thanks for the help!!

Gytkit
04-26-07, 05:12 PM
Just want to see if anyone has had this problem? If so what was the cause of the noise. Thanks again

MortnCyn
04-26-07, 05:43 PM
We have an '05 that required replacing the left front strut that sprung a leak. I had discussed other concerns with the service manager but had not mentioned the alternator. He advised that he hears a noise/whine that is coming from the alternator. He has ordered a replacement alternator. I would say the noise you and the dealer hear is possibly not normal.

Gytkit
04-26-07, 06:32 PM
Thanks!!!
I just don't know if it is normal? I have a hard time thinking it is the alternator pulley??? Maybe it is a belt?

Gytkit
04-27-07, 10:55 AM
At dealership today, we'll see what they say about the noise??

z06bigbird
05-03-07, 10:12 AM
try a stethoscope.

Gytkit
05-03-07, 03:37 PM
Was at the shop again. The said it was normal?
The funny thing is I listened to another one and it sounded the same so maybe it is normal.
Thanks