: 2007 SRX buying advice/recommendation

73Thumper
04-24-07, 08:36 PM
To start with I am new to this forum. I have been researching SRX's for the past 6 months - was ready to buy a '05 or '06 - then I checked out a almost new '07. Wow. I have the go ahead from my wife - so now I have been spending hours per day searching the major internet sites for a good deal. I am asking those who have a '07 SRX - or know the model well - for advice.
It will have a V8, all wheel drive, ultraview, and nav system.
1) sport option - yes or no (I undertand I cannot get magnetic ride control with the sport option - not sure why) Also is there a brake upgrade with the sport option - and is the exhaust a Corsa or just bigger tips?
2) 3rd seat? I don't really need it - but I need the towing (heavy duty cooling options) Those that have it - can it be really used?
3) Non sport - Magnetic ride control - is there really much of a difference? I am asking because the magnetic ride is not available for a unkown reason with the sport option.
4) rear DVD? any thoughts of how much it would cost, or what alternatives I might have if I find one without the rear DVD option. and not super expensive.
5) Anyone have pics of a white diamond SRX with the sport option? I love the silver and red, but have not seen a white one.
6) Those with AWD - conflicting info on transmission - with the V8 AND AWD - is the tranny a 5 speed or 6 speed? Cadillac info suggests with AWD - it can only be a 5 speed.
7) sensitive Q - but any dealers I should stay away from? I will travel to any of the lower 48 states so location is not a issue.

Thanks all... I know it is a string of Q's, but the best advice/info always comes from real owners/users.

Scott in Minnesota....

dbknight
04-24-07, 10:09 PM
I love the MRC -- I think most who have it wouldn't do without. I can really feel a difference when I'm going through the twisties.

If I had ordered one from the factory, I would not have gone for the 3rd row, but mine came with it (has every option for 06) -- it has come in handy on several occasions (dinner with friends). Also, the RSE has been great for road trips.

z32drifter
04-24-07, 10:31 PM
If you want aftermarket DVD and the Ultraview roof, look into the headrest systems. That's what we have in our SRX, there are a few systems around. Ours has a single DVD player in the console and a screen in each headrest, each screen has IR headphones. There are other systems that have DVD players built into the screens, so each person can watch a diff DVD (most expensive system).

robhersch
04-24-07, 11:22 PM
I am very pleased with my "basic" 2005 SRX: N*V8, RWD, 6 CD changer & Bose, no NAV, UltraView, tow pkg (avail only in 05 (??) without 3rd row) no hitch, rear A/C. I have ordered "tow pkgs" since the 60s only because of the additional cooling. My SRX reaches op temp in a few blocks, but it has yet to go higher, not on the mountains between LA & Las Vegas and not even in hardly moving traffic on the Las Vegas strip at 117 deg F. I cannot say whether the radiator fin density is higher, but my SRX was delivered with 2 electric fans plus a belt driven fan as well as a supplementary trans cooler. Cheap insurance in the desert!! Good luck.

TSS
04-25-07, 08:20 AM
I love the MRC -- I think most who have it wouldn't do without. I can really feel a difference when I'm going through the twisties.

100% agree!!!!!!! I have driven with MRC and without MRC extensively back to back. The SRX benefits greatly from MRC. Expensive option, but well worth it.

MJDART
04-25-07, 09:09 AM
http://www.allcarwallpapers.com/wallpapers/thumbnails/sema-2006:--cadillac-srx-sport-by-dana-buchman-9374.jpg
http://stadium.weblogsinc.com/autoblog/hirezpics/sema_srx_buchman_01.jpg
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://stadium.weblogsinc.com/autoblog/hirezpics/sema_srx_buchman_01.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.autoblog.com/2006/10/30/sema-peek-cadillac-srx-by-dana-buchman/&h=766&w=1280&sz=773&hl=en&start=75&um=1&tbnid=EJ070-TTZFuoxM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsrx%2Bsport%26start%3D60%26ndsp%3D20% 26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Dactive%26 sa%3DN

73Thumper
04-25-07, 01:40 PM
Thanks for those who have responded. I too want the MRC, however it is not offered with the "sport option/20" wheel package. Again as in my original note - not sure why. Also not sure if the AWD system in '07 uses a 5 speed or 6 speed. On the GM/Cadillac site - the option listing section - says 5 speed for V8/AWD and 6 Speed for V8/RWD. Any comments about the brakes and exhaust with the full sport option? I am asking these "Sport" vs non"Sport" Q's because the Corsa and 20" wheels would get installed anyway if I buy a non"Sport" option..... Please keep the comments/info coming :)

mkaresh
04-25-07, 03:27 PM
I agree with others that the MRC makes a large difference. Drive both if at all possible.

73Thumper
04-25-07, 03:49 PM
Well, I have just spend 2 plus hours going thru several pages on this SRX forum. I did find some answers - along with those already posted on this thread. What I found, and what I didn't...
1) Didn't find - why no MRC with 20" wheels. From all I have read MRC is to my benefit - my guesse is a possible lower ride height for the Sport option - and with low volume #'s for the Sport option - no MRC shocks/struts of the correct shortened length?
2) Found - Sport option exhaust IS a Corsa. Can others verify this?
3) Found - Sport option brakes - ARE upgraded. Again can others verify this?
4) Not sure - 6 speed auto WITH AWD and V8. Info here says yes - but info on Cadillac.com says NO.. hmmm ???
5) RSE, would love to have - if I can find it. I am looking for loaded and USED 2007 SRX's. For now they all seem to be GM factory "executive" returns, that have most options but in every case they miss something.
I will keep searching...

EGSJR
04-25-07, 05:40 PM
Just took delivery on a 2007 I ordered in March. Ordered the V-8, all options except AWD....not really needed where I live and want the best mpg I can get. Did get the MRC with the sport package, Thunder Gray exterior. Love the car, ride is great, no complaints other than I noticed the vent image discussed earlier in this forum. I preferred the look of the sport package and not disappointed. Previously owned an '04 SRX.

dbknight
04-25-07, 08:22 PM
I'm pretty sure the 6-speed comes on all V8's now. I was looking around at the local dealership and don't recall see any V8 with the 5-speed, and all in MD on the dealer lots (I've been to) have AWD. That being said, I find the 5-speed very satisfying, but can understand wanting the 6 speed for better MPG.

I've seen mistakes on the website before. The most glaring was chrome door handles on the 360 pic (since corrected I think). They looked nice in the pic though!

GMJim
04-26-07, 08:17 AM
Hydra-Matic 5L40
5-speed electronic automatic
standard with 3.6L V-6 VVT (variable valve timing)
Hydra-Matic 6L50
6-speed electronic automatic
standard with 4.6L Northstar V-8 VVT (variable valve timing)

TSS
04-26-07, 08:26 AM
Hydra-Matic 5L40
5-speed electronic automatic
standard with 3.6L V-6 VVT (variable valve timing)
Hydra-Matic 6L50
6-speed electronic automatic
standard with 4.6L Northstar V-8 VVT (variable valve timing)

AGREE regarding SRX.

However, isn't "RSX" an Acura? :rolleyes:

73Thumper
04-26-07, 09:38 AM
[I]AGREE regarding SRX.

However, isn't "RSX" an Acura?

Yep, saw that as soon as I posted - thought I could correct it - but I could not - to my knowledge anway...

EGSJR Just took delivery on a 2007 I ordered in March. Ordered the V-8, all options except AWD....not really needed where I live and want the best mpg I can get. Did get the MRC with the sport package, Thunder Gray exterior. Love the car, ride is great, no complaints other than I noticed the vent image discussed earlier in this forum. I preferred the look of the sport package and not disappointed. Previously owned an '04 SRX.

Excellent - Since you own a "Sport" optioned '07, can you confirm - or deny - the exhaust is more than just "4" tips" (Corsa?)? and the brake calipers are Brembo? Also Since you did get the MRC, I assume you have the 18" wheels.
Care to give us a pic?

GMJim
04-26-07, 11:44 AM
Maybe your should have named your title " discouragement" instead of advice.
Maybe you should consider a perfect Toyota. The SRX is not perfect. I don't know of a vehicle that is.
I love my SRX, and wouldn't trade it for 10 Japmobiles.
Forums are harbors for bellyachers. Doesn't anyone have anything good to say? We're # 2 thanks to you.
I'm sure Toyota will convert their plants to build tanks come WWIII.

mjk
04-26-07, 12:43 PM
I would, but I don't have an '07...
Love my '04 though.:)

EGSJR
04-26-07, 03:05 PM
73Thumper-
Have not taken any photos yet, rained nearly every day since I got it last week, but if I can this week-end, will forward them to you.
As for the exhaust and the brakes, I cannot say either way. I had read somewhere that the exhaust was Corsa and the brakes were Brembo, but I am not sure. I can tell you the exhaust does have a more performance sound than the one on the '04 with the V-8 I had. There are not many of the SRX's where I am, the dealer, though very good, is not that familiar with all the options as he has not moved many. I will see if I can verify it with his service tech. As for the sports package, I did get it with the 18" wheels, was told the 20" only came with the AWD. I will say this, with all due respect to the '04 owners, while I really liked it, but the improvements to the '07 are tremendous, especially the ride. I am very satisfied with it thus far.

leeclapp
04-26-07, 03:37 PM
73THUMPER---I have an 07 SRX with the Sport package and V-8 and all of the whistles except 4 wheel drive-----I do NOT have Brembo brakes nor are there Corsa exhausts on the vehicle...Lee Clapp.........Fort Myers, Florida

73Thumper
04-26-07, 05:15 PM
EGSJR, I would appreciate pictures.

leeclapp, thanks for the update

Forum Moderator - Thanks for fixing the "RSX" issue I had :)

GMJim, I hope you are not referring to me. If you were I meant no disrespect with the "RSX", it was a accident - and as you can see the moderator has fixed the issue. Also I currently own 5 cars - 3 snowmobiles - and other misc gas powered items - all USA "brands". I am not bashing imports or American cars - I am just saying for me - and me only - my free choice has been American Iron, and for now I don't have a reason to change as I like the SRX's and really like the '07's sport option and new interior. I also agree these forums can at times just bash anything good. I have been on other forums for years and have learned allot. I have learned more from this forum in 2 days then I have after weeks scouring "google" and talking with my local Cadillac salespeople.

For all others with info pertaining to the 2007 V8 SRX - keep the info coming as it is very helpful - thankyou

GMJim
04-26-07, 05:23 PM
Thumper, It wasn't directed at you. I have learned alot here also. I hope you choose to get an SRX. You won't be sorry.

Playdrv4me
04-26-07, 06:33 PM
Were #2 thanks to you.

Thank you, that was the laugh I needed today. :helpless:

A society of blamers and whiners... No... it couldnt POSSIBLY be any fault of GM. Not at all right?

Love it... love it.

Anyhow... Thumper73, Glad youre sticking with GM (and not out of guilt :rolleyes: ) I think you will be thoroughly impressed with ANY iteration of the SRX that you buy for 2007. MANY of the niggling problems that bugged 04-06 users (step in issues, ultraview issues etc) were VERY CAREFULLY addressed by GM for the 2007 model year. In fact, the 07 SRX V6 is one of Edmunds' FAVORITE current crossover vehicles in testing right now. It is so good, that it has completely put that abomination of Mercedes, the R500 to shame in a MULTITUDE of areas (and their SRX is the V6 version!). The SRX is just THE crossover right now. Get them while you can because the SRX is slated to be discontinued once the CTS Wagon and BRX small crossover are introduced for MY 2009.

I strongly considered an 04 SRX before I purchased my Escalade as they are just darned cheap, and sometimes I still wish I had picked one up instead!

73Thumper
04-27-07, 09:11 AM
Playdrv4me, thanks for the info. I also think the SRX is a hidden jewel most don't know about. I think for many - they just view it as a station wagon. My son was totally turned off by photos - We went to the local dealership and in person he really liked it. Then we test drove (V8) - he hasn't had a bad word to say yet. Now I just need to get one in my garage.....

GMJim
04-27-07, 10:04 AM
Now I just need to get one in my garage.....

If I can help you with a supplier discount lemme know

airbalancer
04-27-07, 10:43 AM

Would it work in Canada mmmmmmm:bighead:

GMJim
04-27-07, 11:55 AM
as far as i know it would.

73Thumper
04-27-07, 03:29 PM
Thankyou all for your help, looks like I will stick around in this forum since I just PURCHASED a '07 SRX. 100% loaded to the gills with all options, V8, AWD, NAV, DVD, Ultraview plus, 3rd row, DVD, wood package, AND full sport package. At present is does not even have 1000 miles on it. Sunset Blue with Black guts. Now I need to get a plane ticket !!!! :bouncy:

Playdrv4me
04-27-07, 11:07 PM
Thankyou all for your help, looks like I will stick around in this forum since I just PURCHASED a '07 SRX. 100% loaded to the gills with all options, V8, AWD, NAV, DVD, Ultraview plus, 3rd row, DVD, wood package, AND full sport package. At present is does not even have 1000 miles on it. Sunset Blue with Black guts. Now I need to get a plane ticket !!!! :bouncy:

Congratulations!!! :worship:

Please post pics as soon as you get your new baby.

Ian.

GMJim
04-27-07, 11:11 PM
Sweeeeet!

73Thumper
04-28-07, 12:28 AM
I will get pics once she is home. I still can't believe how quick this one happened. I have been searching for the "right" one for almost 6 months. This SRX popped up on Autotrader.com today - 1st day. I called and was surprised to learn of the huge option list, reasonable price, and very low miles. It also is coming from a dealer I have not seen on Autotrader.com, Cars.com, Ebaitmotors, or any of the smaller sites I research. I know nothing about the dealer, I haven't even figured out the nearest airport yet. I only talked with him (salesperson) for a few minutes, discussed price and options, and before I could say or think no - I said "I'll take it". I have purchased my last 4 cars - all found on the internet - and so far so good. Oh - the dealer was "Chesrown Cadillac Buick" in Ohio. - I am in Minnesota...
Just few FYI's from my original Q's...
1) MRC on 20" wheel option - not for the 07 models - maybe 08? As the shocks/struts are computer controlled, apparently they can't meet the shock/rebound abilities of the 20" wheel as well as regular non CPU shocks.
2) Sport option exhaust - 4" tips only - no Corsa
3) Sport option brakes - no difference in any V8 SRX (not Brembo)
4) 6 Speed with V8 and AWD - YES... (Caddy web site is wrong)
(maybe early 07's did have a 5 speed, but this unit was built less than 2 month ago.) - My assumption based on this site - is all 07 V8's with AWD have 6 speeds.

Thanks again SRX fans...

Oh, late Q, but those with the 20" wheel - how is the ride? I have only driven SRX's with 18" wheels....Hope I am not in for a big surprise...

airbalancer
04-28-07, 09:53 AM
nice!:worship:

Red Wolf
04-28-07, 10:29 PM
Well I've got one out in the Driveway on a Weekend test. How can you help? With a discount code? I need to get all the help I can on this deal and just found this forum!

syrob@MSN.COM
04-29-07, 07:13 AM
Thank you, that was the laugh I needed today. :helpless:

A society of blamers and whiners... No... it couldnt POSSIBLY be any fault of GM. Not at all right?

Love it... love it.

......Get them while you can because the SRX is slated to be discontinued once the CTS Wagon and BRX small crossover are introduced for MY 2009.....

I strongly considered an 04 SRX before I purchased my Escalade as they are just darned cheap, and sometimes I still wish I had picked one up instead!

Hell the SRX is better than most and it is crazy they will kill it, just more of the same brain dead GM, and why they will be #3 when the Chinese become #2... Check out essay below..

http://www.autoextremist.com/page2.shtml

SYROB

GMJim
04-29-07, 08:32 AM
Well I've got one out in the Driveway on a Weekend test. How can you help? With a discount code? I need to get all the help I can on this deal and just found this forum!

Last four of your SS#, and birth date. I submit that, and get you an
authorization number. I am able to help one friend a month with a suppliers discount. If you are serious, reply, and we will figure out how to get your info.

robhersch
04-29-07, 11:11 AM
Hell the SRX is better than most and it is crazy they will kill it... Check out essay below..
http://www.autoextremist.com/page2.shtml
SYROB

Great article!! My three comments:
1) Many years ago I had the opportunity to work closely with a Japanese VP of a major Japanese corp; he said "...most US companies focus on the bottom line for the UPCOMING QUARTER .....most Japanese companies look for an opportunity to DOMINATE an industry in a DECADE" (ie, first was consumer electronics, Autos now, next will be??)
2) I have toured several (Auto Union Dominated) US auto plants and observed ....the workers want high wages for few skills and little effort, but they buy autos that cost the least (without really understanding that they are litterly working themselves out of a job, count the cars in their parking lot) ......although I have always bought and driven US brand autos
3) Many years ago, folks related having a paying job to their eating & survival; ...today, folks believe their employer should provide an income that supports their preferred life style regardless of their contribution; tomorrow, why work???, the "government will find a way to give you" many of your desires in a manner that is well above the economic standards prevelant throughout most of the non-US world!!

I have many friends with krauts & ricers and I drove many competitors before selecting N*V8 SRX, I have found my US autos to be better value for me; and I love my SRX!!

Red Wolf
04-29-07, 11:37 PM
Last four of your SS#, and birth date. I submit that, and get you an
authorization number. I am able to help one friend a month with a suppliers discount. If you are serious, reply, and we will figure out how to get your info.
Oh and I can't reply to you off-line or anything because of the number of posts I need to make or something. That's screwed up!!

GMJim
04-30-07, 06:31 AM
RED WOLF, Your authorization number has been emailed to you.
Thanks for considering GM!

TSS
04-30-07, 08:22 AM
That was very cool of you Jim.

REDWOLF:

1. you will love the SRX;
2. fiendly advice: edit your posts and get your personal info off there now that you have what you need from Jim.

GMJim
04-30-07, 08:31 PM

Thanks, just trying to do a small part to get people into our product, and
promote our Michigan made SRX.

Red Wolf
05-01-07, 12:27 AM

REDWOLF:

1. you will love the SRX;
2. fiendly advice: edit your posts and get your personal info off there now that you have what you need from Jim.

Cool at a level nobody could know but me could know :cookoo:

It is now offically my birthday at that beautiful Infrared baby is nestled in the garage for the night :yup: Awaiting my 0400 wake-up and first drive into work :nanaparty: for my B-Day party!!

Sunday I'm off from Virginia to New Yawk City and I bet this :sneaky: will be on my face all they way there after I get my new Radar system intergrated and don't have to worry about this thing feeling like its doing 50 when I'm really at 85:canttalk:

Again; Mucho Graci-ass to GM Jim :thumbsup:

73Thumper
05-01-07, 09:19 AM
GMJim, is it to late to get into this game? The SRX I had a deposit on - has slipped through my hands. I made a poor decision based on MRC and now I am out a very sweet SRX. :crying: If you look at MSRP if there was another one of your discounts available - what would be the true % off MSRP? If you want - reply via PM - either way let me know. After this bad buying experience - again my fault - I am now definetly 100% committed to finding a fully loaded Michigan built '07 SRX.
The best part of the lost sale - was my wife did not kill me - wounded maybe but I am still breathing...:banghead:

Red Wolf
05-01-07, 10:44 AM
Ok here are some pic's. Matches up nicely with my `06 FLHTCI :cloud9:

TSS
05-01-07, 10:51 AM
Very nice.

I see a red theme REDwolf. :yup:

73Thumper
05-01-07, 11:17 AM
GMJim, well I am a man given a second chance. The dealer I was working with has given me another chance - and I snapped it up. I now have a 07 SRX..... :D

GMJim
05-01-07, 11:42 AM
Thumper, Can I still help with a discount?

73Thumper
05-01-07, 11:59 AM
No, the deal that feel thru - is fixed. The Dealership called me back - and said I was the first one on the list, and if I wanted it, they would find another for the other gentlemen. They were very professional concidering I was a idiot. Anyway I am purchaing this unit in Ohio. I also think what you are doing is great. We need more people like you helping us buy these American made cars.... Things sure changed for me in the past 24 hours - I was in the dumps, now I am on cloud 9....:cloud9:

GMJim
05-01-07, 12:17 PM
Thumper, glad it worked out.

Prospective buyers, I still have a discount available.

TSS
05-01-07, 01:45 PM
Can you help me out summer 2008? :o

GMJim
05-01-07, 05:43 PM
Can you help me out summer 2008? :o

Like a brother, fellow Michigander

Red Wolf
05-01-07, 11:56 PM
:bigD: Jeez ya think?

"On a hot summer night would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?" :lildevil:

GMJim
05-02-07, 12:05 PM
spring has sprung
Wolf gotsa brand new ride
life is good.

73Thumper
05-02-07, 12:14 PM
Flying out Thursday to drive it home....
Pic attached, hope this works....

TSS
05-02-07, 12:28 PM
Very nice. Have not seen that color before. Is it more silver or baby blue?

73Thumper
05-02-07, 01:27 PM
Ii is more gray with a little blue - I think. I have not seen one, nor has the local Caddy dealer - so I am buying it basically unseen.... The color chip I saw does not seem to match the pics I have seen.

wbyrum
05-02-07, 01:49 PM
GMJim,

Is your discount a percentage of the list (or invoice) price or is it a fixed dollar amount?

Can the discount be used along with any discount negotiated with the dealer and also along with the $2000.00 cash allowance now being offered by GM?

I am considering a puchase in May.

Thanks for the input!

GMJim
05-02-07, 02:07 PM
GMJim,

Is your discount a percentage of the list (or invoice) price or is it a fixed dollar amount?

Can the discount be used along with any discount negotiated with the dealer and also along with the $2000.00 cash allowance now being offered by GM?

I am considering a puchase in May.

Thanks for the input!

It is off MSRP. some where around 5-8%. then u get to use
any other incentive/negotiation on top of that. When you are ready,
let me know. Thanks for considering GM.

GMJim
05-02-07, 02:10 PM
[quote=73Thumper;1069641]Flying out Thursday to drive it home....
quote]

Thumper, what a beauty!!!!

I WANT A SPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GMJim
05-02-07, 02:21 PM
wbyrum,
I just built a 07 V8 with premium Lux Collection using supplier discount.
MSRP 48225
Supplier price 45387
Not as good as employee discount, but nearly 3K isn't chump change.

wbyrum
05-03-07, 11:52 AM
GMJim,

All the dealers I've talked with say the orders have been cut off for 2007 SRX's. Will your discount apply to 2008's?

Also, should the dealer be aware of the supplier discount before the dealer discount is negotiated and before any cash allowance is applied?

Thanks again for your input!

GMJim
05-03-07, 12:23 PM
GMJim,

All the dealers I've talked with say the orders have been cut off for 2007 SRX's. Will your discount apply to 2008's?

Also, should the dealer be aware of the supplier discount before the dealer discount is negotiated and before any cash allowance is applied?

Thanks again for your input!

My discount is good as long as I'm employed by the General.
Supplier discount comes off the MSRP, then everything else.
Maybe you could find what you want on the lot.
Jim

wbyrum
05-03-07, 12:45 PM
GMJim,

I have had a dealer do a search and they were not able to find a V8 unit that has AWD and MRC within a 300 mile radius.

I will look a little more and then if no luck, I will wait on ordering a 2008.

Can you send an email so that I can keep in touch with you? My email is sonysales@bellsouth.net

Thanks for your help!

Bill

EXPSD
05-05-07, 05:03 PM
robhersch Well said, the last non American car I had was a 66VW. I now have 3 GM products and a 76 Towncar. I have owned several Cadillacs, but currently do not. I really do like the SRX and will buy a 2007 or 2008. Well anyway I felt so strong about Made in USA I created a web site thinkmadeinusa.com to try to get folks to at least think before they send their money to China.

TSS
05-06-07, 01:08 PM
I felt so strong about Made in USA I created a web site thinkmadeinusa.com to try to get folks to at least think before they send their money to China.

KUDOS to you!

erik7
05-09-07, 12:15 PM
GMJim,

I'm looking to purchase a AWD V6 with the premium luxury package. I'd already be getting the $2250 rebate and the $1000 conquest rebate (non GM owner currently), and I can still apply the supplier discount?

If you could help me out, that would be great. I'll try and PM but since I just signed up to the forum today, not sure if it will work.

Thanks.

ERIK

GMJim
05-09-07, 07:34 PM
GMJim,

I'm looking to purchase a AWD V6 with the premium luxury package. I'd already be getting the $2250 rebate and the $1000 conquest rebate (non GM owner currently), and I can still apply the supplier discount?

If you could help me out, that would be great. I'll try and PM but since I just signed up to the forum today, not sure if it will work.

Thanks.

ERIK

Eric, Employee or Supplier Discount is taken off MRSP. Then any other rebates/incentives come off from there.
I have used my discount for May,
but I am sure I can get another from some one else if you are serious in your
purchase. Lemme know. Thanks for considering GM.
I will PM you my work email

erik7
05-09-07, 10:02 PM
Jim, thank you very much. I have sent you an email.

Some other questions to see if anyone is in the know. I'm going to be leasing the car. The dealer I'm going with had an ad in the paper stating their deal. That dealer is about 50 miles from my house. My local dealer is about 5, so I went there first. I explained the whole deal with them, and they were flabbergasted about the other deal, basically telling me that the other dealer must be taking about a $1000 loss.

I ran the lease numbers myself (I have a whole spreadsheet), and the numbers worked out from the ad. Well, my local dealer tells me a different invoice price than what Edmunds listed (a $1889 difference, HUGE when calculating a lease). My local dealer told me it was because they have to pay for the national marketing program (something like that). My local dealer showed me the invoice. They think they found the farther dealer's car and they said the invoice was the same as theirs. So how could they calculate such a better lease (about $50/month better) was their thoughts?

So, time for questions. So which invoice is right? I believe the dealer, but should I really be paying for their marketing efforts?

Two, what is caddy's dealer holdback? Edmunds says 3% off Total MSRP, the holdback I was told from the local dealer was about 2.5%. So which is it?

Now, if Jim is able to get me a supplier discount (thanks again for trying), I now have more leverage, I think. Must the dealer accept the supplier discount?

Sorry for being a newbie, and asking a ton of questions. But I plan on being around once I get this purchase complete. If anyone could help me out, that would be great. I can't wait to pick up the car for the family.

Just to put it out there, the deal is $449/month plus NJ taxes/month with first payment, tags/docs etc, and bank fee down. Car is a V6 AWD with premium luxury package, MSRP of 46905.

Again, thanks for any help that is provided.

robhersch
05-11-07, 03:05 AM
I really do like the SRX and will buy a 2007 or 2008. Well anyway I felt so strong about Made in USA I created a web site thinkmadeinusa.com to try to get folks to at least think before they send their money to China.

Great site!! Now just get folks to understand what Made-in-USA means. Some time back, I met an official of a US mfgr who shipped designs and parts to mexico for low$ assembly; when the mex wage went to $1.50 /hr, they closed the mex plant and went to china. Since the finished product to be sold in the US is large and heavy, I asked how they could afford the shipping costs; he said the difference between $0.20 and $1.50 (factor of 7 1/2 times) pays for a lot of shipping as well as better profits. (and now India is undercutting china for low wages!!)
Now I ask how can any US products made at $65.00 /hr sell where wages are $0.20?? (factor of 300+ times) .....answer TBD someday only after US labor makes the connection and US unemployment becomes comparable to the f****french.

Better get your SRX while they are still available; do not wait too long!!
We love out SRX!!!

erik7
05-11-07, 09:47 AM
I wound up picking my AWD V6 up yesterday. Fantastic car. I'll post a new thread with pics once I take them this weekend. One unfortunate part, I have 2 small scratches above the passenger rear window. I did not notice them till we got the SRX home, called the dealer immediately and it seems they will be taken care of without much of a problem. I have to wait for the GM of the dealership to get back in on Monday to setup my appointment.

smokiejoe
05-11-07, 10:30 AM
Erik7:

That sounds like an awesome deal. I'm out here in Pennsylvania, and the dealers seem to want about another $100 per month for the same MSRP Vehicle. I'd like to know the Dealer's name, or at least their zipcode or town so I can contact them.
Thanks SJ

erik7
05-11-07, 11:11 AM
Erik7:

That sounds like an awesome deal. I'm out here in Pennsylvania, and the dealers seem to want about another $100 per month for the same MSRP Vehicle. I'd like to know the Dealer's name, or at least their zipcode or town so I can contact them.
Thanks SJ

joe, I did get a great deal, and I might have some good news if you want to act quickly and don't mind Light Platinum and Cashmere interior. They have the same exact car as mine. It's actually the car they had the deal set for, but honored it for mine too (or so they say). The dealer is Kerbeck Cadillac in Atlantic City. Ed Keller is the GM but is in Florida till Monday. His cell, yes his cell, is 609-377-0760. You could also call the business manager, Vance, at 609-345-2100.

After putting the taxes and bank fee into the payment, it came out to $514.99/month. Paid first month, tags/registration, and doc fees at signing. Tell him Erik Hilliard sent you.

Here is the link to the car from Cadillac's inventory site: SRX Deal (http://www.cadillac.com/ws/nvlWindowSticker.cd?dealer=113867.0$KERBECK%20CADI LLAC%20PONTIAC%20CHEVROLET,%20INC.$430%20N%20ALBAN Y%20AVE$ATLANTIC%20CITY$NJ$08401-1315$609$344-2100$609$344-0364$Sam%20Kelley$609$344-2100$609$344-0364$true&year=2007&VIN=1GYEE637470155450&model=srx&mmc=6EB26&pvc=530&bac=113867.0&UDName1=isGMBuyPower&UDValue1=true&isGMFF=true&GMS=junebug)

Good luck.

erik7
05-11-07, 11:21 AM
joe, just so you realize, this deal will not be available for all the other SRXs. The car is new though, no demo miles or anything. And if you are within 100 miles of Kerbeck, they'll deliver it to you.

I also think there is about $14/month in the deal to be saved, but Vance argued there was not. And wouldn't budge anymore. They are making the money from the financing. I just want you to know, but I still feel it's a good deal. Before rebates, the car's selling price was $41,900.

I'm still trying to figure out how the taxes were calculated. I'm still not sure if they made some money on how they calculated the taxes, but I got tired of dealing with it all, knew I had a good deal, and said f it, and moved forward!!

If anyone can show me a formula on how NJ taxes are calculated on a lease, I'd be very appreciative. They are different since October 1, 2005, just an FYI.

Great car.

GMJim
05-11-07, 01:03 PM
I wound up picking my AWD V6 up yesterday. Fantastic car.

Welcome to the club!

Red Wolf
05-13-07, 12:08 AM
Life is indeed good, as the alternative really sucks!:thehand:

Red Wolf
05-13-07, 01:32 AM
BTW -- Does anybody know how to chnage/load a custom Avatar?

Curlytoons
05-14-07, 03:09 PM
Eric, Employee or Supplier Discount is taken off MRSP. Then any other rebates/incentives come off from there.
I have used my discount for May,
but I am sure I can get another from some one else if you are serious in your
purchase. Lemme know. Thanks for considering GM.
I will PM you my work email

Hi,

I am serious in buying an SRX or Escalade. If you will PM me an email, I'll send you the information necessary.

Thanks,

C

GMJim
05-15-07, 01:37 PM
If you will PM me an email, I'll send you the information necessary.

Thanks,

C

I have sent you an email with my email

Keith35
06-04-07, 03:50 PM
Hey Jim, Any chance of getting a code for June. I want to pick up my SRX before the spring deals end. Thanks in advance.

GMJim
06-05-07, 07:38 AM
Hey Jim, Any chance of getting a code for June. I want to pick up my SRX before the spring deals end. Thanks in advance.

Sure. I will PM you with my work email, and info I need.

CadillacBuyer
08-06-07, 11:14 PM
So what are the best cash prices on a $50-52 MSRP SRX?

I would think about MSRP less 10% less $3,000?

So, a $50,000 MSRP car would cost $50,000 less 10%, or $45,000, less $3,000, or about $42,000?

Would you buy a loaded $50,000 V6 Sport or a less loaded $53,000 V8 non-sport?

jjacobs122
08-06-07, 11:36 PM
GM jin,

I am ready to buy a 2008 SRX, any chance of getting a code for August.

Thanks

GMJim
08-07-07, 06:55 AM
GM jin,

I am ready to buy a 2008 SRX, any chance of getting a code for August.

Thanks

Sure, I will PM you with what I need from you