: Ruined my 07 test headlight (remove sidemarker)

nofinga911
04-24-07, 08:34 PM
ok so i got a 07 healight for cheap and used it as a dummy to see how it was taking it apart to remove the orange reflector...i went with the heatgun method and it was way too hard and time consuming...i dont know what the hell they use to seal it but that stuff is very very strong and if it sits unheated for about 20 seconds it gets hard like a rock and re-bonds itself...it was crazy so i ended up demolishing the thing just to see the inside and what that was like.....now all i can do is salvage the hid parts (i have all of them) what parts can i sell and how much could i sell them for?

Playdrv4me
04-24-07, 08:47 PM
The LED's and the Xenon projector, bulb, and ballast are the only parts worth anything. Someone may buy the lens off you as well.

The most you could get for those parts is around ~150.00 on a good day, 250 if you had both sides.

srt
04-24-07, 08:57 PM
A heat gun is the worst way to melt the factory glue! You should have done your homework and saw that we put the marker in the oven at a per-heat temp. Then the glue is soflt and little prying is need.
All said I hope you didn't spend much money on the extras!

nofinga911
04-24-07, 11:17 PM
A heat gun is the worst way to melt the factory glue! You should have done your homework and saw that we put the marker in the oven at a per-heat temp. Then the glue is soflt and little prying is need.
All said I hope you didn't spend much money on the extras!

yea i did my homework and i read both ways were equally effective...which obviously i know now isnt true...and i got the headlight for $50 so i dont think i lost out that much...i gained some knowledge so it was worth it for me

mcnelson
07-06-10, 11:29 PM
Where did you get an 07 headlight for $50? I need the passenger side.

Reason:
I am NOT happy, less than a week ago I purchased the Putco 35w H16/9009 spark white bulbs to replace my DRLs from Summit Racing... not even a week later, just noticed today the bulbs melted their bracket/housing and now worst of all have left a "melted plastic film" on the inside of my headlight housing GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! What went wrong and what can I do about the discolored/hazy headlight housing. PS I did NOT touch the bulb before installing, I know this leads to premature burnout due to overheating. Thanks in advance!