: Build Sheet

Motorboat
04-24-07, 07:08 PM
After doing a search I am unable to find the info that I need.

On an '88 Brougham where would be the most likely place to find this? I have looked under the spare cover and the jack storage compartment.

What am I looking for, paper, stick-on or whatever?

TKS in advance.

Jonas McFeely
04-24-07, 10:01 PM
I personally found the built sheet for my '85 Seville under the gas tank when i was putting a fuel pump in it.It was just a sheet of paper with every detail about the car.

I have heard of them being under the drivers seat,like up inside of it.

Motorboat
04-25-07, 04:11 PM
Thanks

Benzilla
04-25-07, 04:13 PM
Also seen them inside the door panel.

Old Fleetwood
04-25-07, 04:16 PM
I don't know if the "help" goes back to the year of your car, but this BB noted that any Cadillac dealer can contact Cadillac home office with your VIN and they can FAX them back with the build sheet.

carnut
04-27-07, 01:18 PM
Try under the rear seat lower cushion. Up inside the springs.

Motorboat
04-28-07, 11:19 PM
I found a partial build sheet (interior) tucked between the springs under the driver's seat. This I have learned only specifies the interior. Way cool though just to have found it.

Attached to the underside of the trunk lid is a sticker which lists al of the codes. With the help of this board and searching, I found out that I have 2:93 gear ratio. No wonder it gets 21 MPG on the highway!

BTW, I found the window sticker stuck under the spare tire. Nice surprise and shocked at the sticker price back in '88.

z06bigbird
04-30-07, 12:31 AM
All those places plus GM itself.