: 2008 Sts

corvette00
04-24-07, 07:37 AM
I saw an 08 on the road yesterday, just when I thought the current grill could not look any worse Cadillac did it again. I am not sure why they do not change to an SRX Sport type girll or V series grill. This would incorporate more of the wire mesh into the front and would be an easy change. The chrome side vents looked ok. 08 should be a good year to purchase or lease this car since the sales will probably tank further with the new CTS. It is really a shame, a few minor cosmetic changes could really make this a very sharp vehicle.

TSteff
04-24-07, 09:10 AM
Any pictures out there on the internet?

Jesda
04-24-07, 06:39 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-forum-2005-beyond/102972-2008-sts-press-release-pictures.html

ARTSBEST
04-25-07, 09:36 PM
Don't you think that Cadillacs "internal thinkers" believe that the CTS is the wave of the future (not the STS line) in that the new model will include a better V-6 (300 HP) all the while keeping the price tag down to more reasonable and marketable levels? $55K cars eliminate many potential younger buyers.

corvette00
04-26-07, 08:20 AM
I hate to be so negative, but it is very hard to say just what they are thinking. I find it hard to believe they would abandon the STS line. I keep hearing the Northstar is going away. It would be very nice to see a direct injected Northstar. I have always thought the CTS is just too small. I guess I am one those people who still really like the old style STS, and would have like to have seen some performance and handling upgrades done to that car. The new STS really lacks the quality of the old car.

chiefmjk
04-27-07, 11:39 AM
I hate to be so negative, but it is very hard to say just what they are thinking. I find it hard to believe they would abandon the STS line. I keep hearing the Northstar is going away. It would be very nice to see a direct injected Northstar. I have always thought the CTS is just too small. I guess I am one those people who still really like the old style STS, and would have like to have seen some performance and handling upgrades done to that car. The new STS really lacks the quality of the old car.
I agree, I had a 2003 STS and with MR and it was the best riding car I ever had. It also handled well.

GM-4-LIFE
04-28-07, 04:08 PM
I saw an 08 on the road yesterday, just when I thought the current grill could not look any worse Cadillac did it again. I am not sure why they do not change to an SRX Sport type girll or V series grill. This would incorporate more of the wire mesh into the front and would be an easy change. The chrome side vents looked ok. 08 should be a good year to purchase or lease this car since the sales will probably tank further with the new CTS. It is really a shame, a few minor cosmetic changes could really make this a very sharp vehicle.

Did the 2008 STS go into production already? I thought they would begin production of the 2008 STS in July. How did you see one?

SG

corvette00
04-30-07, 08:05 AM
I was driving in the Milford Michigan area which is where the GM proving grounds is located. I am going to an 08 GM product preview next week, so perhaps I will be able to see one close-up.

suchnsuch
04-30-07, 11:45 AM
I saw one on M59 last week, it had big dual exhaust, had STS and AWD badging on the right rear, and on the left rear had a factory looking emblem that read "CTZ", and the Z was writen in that slash font. What is this? I've never heard of a CTZ-STS couldn't find anything on it either. It didn't have manufacturers plates.

corvette00
05-01-07, 07:31 AM
You may have seen a QTZ. This is a custom STS package from Regency. Their web site is regencyrep.com. I am not sure why GM does not get the hint and install a nice grill like theirs in the STS. Also, this package is a much better bang for the buck than a Platinum edition. The package includes item like special wheels, Corsa exhaust, spoiler, and ground effects.