: Door Lock Broken

JAKE91
04-23-07, 04:11 PM
MY DRIVERS SIDE POWER DOOR LOCK HAS COME LOOSE FROM THE ENCASEMENT AND WILL NOT FUNCTION. TOOK THE COVER OFF, I SEE A CONTACT, WHAT ELSE IS THE BUTTON TO TOUCH?
ALL THE OTHER POWER LOCKS WILL NOT WORK EITHER.:bigroll:

IS THERE A SEPARATE FUSE FOR THE DOOR LOCKS? IF FUSE IS GOOD, WHAT ELSE COULD BE KEEPING ALL THE POWER DOOR LOCKS INOPERATABLE?:hmm:

Old Fleetwood
04-23-07, 09:55 PM
Which Car?

JAKE91
04-24-07, 10:34 AM
'93 Fleetwood Brougham.

Old Fleetwood
04-24-07, 10:34 PM
Hoo boy!
First of all, do you have the Factory Service Manual?
That would be the first place to start.
I thought I might be able to sort of fly you long range until I opened my 1995 manual and looked at it (Page 10-6-2 DOORS) and scrolled down to LOCK STRIKERS among other stuff.
Geez, it gets pretty damn complicated. Figure 1 on Page 10-6-4, is pretty detailed and might be of some help, but you'd have to read the whole thing to get a sense of what comes after which. It all interacts.
I may not fully understand where you're coming from, but if you took off the inside lock and have trouble with the lock striker, you're fighting with a "...dual pin striker plate attached to a floating anchor plate in the body. This design is also known as the "mini wedge" type lock striker. The door is secured in the closed position when the door lock fork snaps over and engages the first striker pin."
Note that the above also interacts with the security locks. That's explained further along and may be why you're having trouble with the other locks.
So that's why I refer to a Factory Manual.
You can get 'em right here on this BB. :thumbsup:

JAKE91
04-25-07, 02:04 PM
THANKS. I'LL TRY TO FIGURE IT OUT.:thumbsup: