: Trailer Hitch for SRX with Sport package

smcgill
04-22-07, 02:24 PM
Has anyone put a trailer hitch on the 2007 SRX with the sport package. I am looking for the right type of hitch.

73Thumper
05-02-07, 01:33 PM
I also will need to do this, have you found anything yet? I know HiddenHitch says theres is NOT for SRX with sport option...

john d
05-02-07, 02:52 PM
In September 04 got a class III Drawtite code 75174 from etrailer.com for 04 SRX V8 awd, cost $175.14 + $9.95 shipping.
Ordered wiring harness from Cadillac for a plug in install...no cut/splicing into factory loom, part NO. 12499575 list $61.25. Cad wiring harness sandwiches into multi wire male/female plug under rear bumper tailight wiring that runs left to right.
Did a diy install.
Don't know how 07 with SP would differ.
I just checked etrailer and they don't exclude any SRX from their on-line application chart.
Call em'.
Good Luck!

73Thumper
05-11-07, 01:26 PM
SMCGILL - any luck? I have looked some, I did notice the cutout marking on my "sport" rear bumper has markings for the cutout so my assumption is the Caddy hitch would work - but it is only a 1.25". I really want the 2" receiver and thinking about the Hidden Hitch - not sure if it is any better than the DrawTite - but I know the Drawtite sticks out some. Maybe either would fit if a small spacer is placed between the hitch and the 6 mounting bolts. (I think the sport rear facia is "taller" therefore sits slightly lower) In either case it will be obvious you have a hitch. To bad we have to have a spare. Maybe a custom hitch and somehow have it removable when you don't need it. It is VERY tight back there though. I could make some space however if I put Corsa mufflers on :stirpot: :tisk:

smithb
04-15-10, 10:22 PM
I am looking at getting an 09 with the sport package, has anyone found a hitch for the SP yet? After searching some more I saw the Cadillac hitch works if you cut out the notch on the bottom. I have a hidden hitch on my 04 I planned on using on the new one. Has anyone tried that? It is pretty thick and I am wondering if it will fit behind the cover. I'm sure I am lone ranger on that.

Professor Wizard
04-16-10, 03:31 PM
Search deeper in here - - this is an old subject.

You can mount any hitch designed for the SRX on one with the sport package... You just have to be aware that the receiver will touch the bottom of the rear facia, holding it up ever so slightly, but will not cause any problems.

HERE is a thread WITH PHOTOS of a member who put a standard hitch on his SRX With the Sport Package:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-first-generation-forum-2004/136313-gm-hitch-sport-facia.html

jwoodie
04-16-10, 06:26 PM
I've got the factory 1-1/4" receiver on my '07 sport (fits perfectly with the fascia cutout) and it is practically invisible. You can use a 2" adapter if necessary, but remember that you have a max 4250# capacity (with tow package?).

smithb
04-16-10, 08:06 PM
Thank you for the replies. My hidden hitch has a 2" receiver (Class III) so it is a little thicker. Will it still fit? Has anyone tried it? I was hoping to recycle my old one as I am environmentally responsible (cheap). I am hoping the new one has the tow package, but I don't know for sure. I bought it online. Thanks for the help.

Zen On Wheels
05-09-12, 06:27 PM
Got a 2007 SRX with Sport package. Was told by Rack Attack here in Toronto that it can't be fitted with a hitch. Called the dealership (City), they said to call Hitch & Trailer Supply Co. Ltd. in Scarborough. Lorne said he can do it no problem for under $500.00 inclusive. Waiting for the part now, will update.

upstatesport
05-10-12, 11:34 AM
Hurray for bumping a 5 year old thread!!!

mwswarrior
05-10-12, 02:02 PM
Put my own Curt Class III on about a year ago. Very easy. No issues. Just a little trimming of the heat shield around the spare tire.

Zen On Wheels
05-11-12, 06:58 PM
Well that was easy. It took 2 pros about an hour - and what a change of attitude when you show up with beers!
2" adapter, 2" ball. Hitch holds 3500lbs, but I'm not sure what a SRX V6 can handle.
Grumpy tech #2 handed me a couple plastic braces originally on the vehicle, that he said were not necessary.
I'm going to rent a trailer, and pick up my V-Max!
Ciao