: Part Number for Nav disc.

dan1166
04-22-07, 12:07 PM
I have been complaining to my dealership since the purchase of my 2006 STS(5/20/2006), that the Nav system does not work. So yesterday I proved my point. I was traveling to a set destination, and I programed the Nav system and also called OnStar for directions and connections,and I printed out directions from Mapquest on my home computer. OnStar and Mapquest took me to the right location, the Nav system took me in a completely different direction. Fortunately, I new the location where I was going, so it was a good test.

I am wondering if I have the right DVD for the system. GM p/n:15794606 is the Disc that I have. Does anyone out there know if this is the right Disc, or is there an upgrade? This is very frustrating. All that money for a Nav system and it doesn't work.

Dan, the STS man

STScadillac99
04-22-07, 12:18 PM
CHECK IT OUT HERE: https://www.gmnavdisc.com/overview.do

dkozloski
04-22-07, 02:51 PM
The current NAV disc for a Denso equipped STS is #15924195. Check your seup for route preferences. You might be telling it to take you to your destination by back roads.

evaccaro
04-22-07, 10:50 PM
My 2007 NAV system has a problem in that it screws up the street address. It gets me there OK but the street address is typically wrong. I have the latest software. I compared this with my Magellan 760 that I bought for my last car and it is always DEAD ON. Must be a calibration problem. I have not been back to the dealer yet as I don't really have a lot a patience for what I expect to be a very frustrating ordeal.

dkozloski
04-23-07, 12:37 PM
My 2007 NAV system has a problem in that it screws up the street address. It gets me there OK but the street address is typically wrong. I have the latest software. I compared this with my Magellan 760 that I bought for my last car and it is always DEAD ON. Must be a calibration problem. I have not been back to the dealer yet as I don't really have a lot a patience for what I expect to be a very frustrating ordeal.
If it's a calibration problem, go to your calibration window and recalibrate it. The procedure is spelled out in the NAV manual. If you didn't get a NAV manual, go to Reed's faqs. http://www.cadillacfaq.com/