: Nice 90 5.7 FS

mharker
04-20-07, 11:31 PM
One of these is next in line for my growing collection. Still sorting out storage space but I'm almost there. Too bad or I'd be all over this one. Looks like she's going for cheap too.

I am partial to cloth. (my 92 vette has rare cloth interior). Also by this picture I am starting to think the hubcaps are 2nd best after the true wires. They look good on this one. Check it out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-Fleetwood-BROUGHAM-1990-Cadillac-Brougham-Florida-Carfax-Cert-No-Reserve_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6149QQihZ011QQi temZ320103571967QQrdZ1

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-20-07, 11:38 PM
Great car, terrible wheel covers. Needs the wire wheel covers. I also prefer the cloth interior. I didn't know Corvettes could ever be had with cloth, I thought it was *always* leather in the Vettes as long as I can think of.

mharker
04-20-07, 11:51 PM
I dunno. For years I've thought for sure that the preference "heirarchy" would be true wires (by a long shot), then wire caps, then the non-wire caps. But on that car I really dig the non-wire caps for some reason. Maybe wire caps are more fake, while the non-wire caps are kind of genuine in their own way.

Yeah less than 5% of Corvettes in my year had cloth interior. It was hard to find a good (and reasonably priced) car with leather that looked good. But as you can see after all these years the cloth is nice. This pic is just after I got it... haven't even had it shampooed yet!

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/mharker/QuasarDecember2006023.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/mharker/QuasarDecember2006033.jpg

I love this car. I used to think my Roadmaster was fast...

lochenjons
04-21-07, 04:32 AM
where are the opera lamps?

Old Fleetwood
04-21-07, 04:34 PM
Opera lamps between the doors or is that a reflection?

caddycruiser
04-21-07, 08:07 PM
Neither those caps OR the dime a dozen wire caps...then again, about the only wheels I like on this body style are the rare true wire wheels that were an option/accessory. As is, though, the current caps are a bit better than wires and more unique. The blue is horrible, but that again is all subjective:)

Beyond that, who cares?! A '90 AND a RARE 5.7L FI Tow Package model, at that. The one off year where that also had a gas guzzler tax, and didn't have the little revisions of the '91/92 as far as styling details and steering, but more unique because of that.

mharker
04-22-07, 12:15 AM
Beyond that, who cares?! A '90 AND a RARE 5.7L FI Tow Package model, at that. The one off year where that also had a gas guzzler tax, and didn't have the little revisions of the '91/92 as far as styling details and steering, but more unique because of that.

Caddycruiser you ba*****! Writing things like "rare" and "unique" makes me really upset I just can't take on another car right now! For $4K I'd be all over this thing. Oh well I guess some people are preserving these things so I'll get one sooner or later. Mark my words the 90-92 5.7s are gonna be the ones to have a generation from now.

What's wrong with the color? My 68 is light blue and looks great. :bouncy:

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/mharker/Thefleet.jpg

caddycruiser
04-22-07, 04:37 PM
Haha, I know! Do you know how MANY cars I go through the same thing with everyday?:thumbsup:

If I had limitless funds and storage space, I'd probably have about 100 right now, particularly of "rare" things--that's what I always like to seek out most.

As for the color, nothing wrong with it, just not all that elegant or high end looking, but then I've never been a "blue" person--at least not some shades. But everyone likes something different, and at least on that '90, it isn't as common as the white/silver/beige!

JTraik
04-22-07, 07:11 PM
The light blue looks great on the '68 but not as good on the '90. I think it is because that color is more fitting to the earlier eras of cadillacs, it just seems very out of place on the newer cars. If that '90 was a more darker, richer color, I would be tryin to scrape up some dough for it, it is in gorgeous shape and the combo is great too. And yes, those hubcaps score the car some negative points!

mharker
04-22-07, 11:31 PM
WTH? Earlier today bidding was around $4K and now (on a Sunday night) it says seller cancelled the sale. I guess you never know the real deal with ebay.

To your point cruiser I think space is the main issue. Luckily most of the cars I like are fairly cheap. Old Buicks, Cadillacs, and other GMs... it's easy to wait until they bottom out on depreciation. It's space I need! But I never see any cheap barns for rent!

Actually I'm working on doing some consulting work with a guy who owns a few storage facilities. Now that would be the ticket!

mharker
04-22-07, 11:36 PM
Oh one more thing. The description says "2 zone climate control". Hmmm. Did they have that back then?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-22-07, 11:42 PM
Oh one more thing. The description says "2 zone climate control". Hmmm. Did they have that back then?

Nope. They never had that in the RWD Fleetwoods, and didn't get it in the deVilles until 1997 or so IIRC.