: New Member

gspencer914
04-26-03, 10:01 PM
Hey there caddi people,
I am George a caddi lover since 1998. I purchased my first STS in 1998 and still have it. I love it!! Had very minor problems with it. I am a Jet Engine Mechanic, and a GM lover. I know quite a bit about Sevilles and Northstar so if your caddi is giving you some problems then let me know I will try and answer the question if not I can referance the REAL caddi service manuals. Dont ask how I got them. Anyhow thats me, you will also notice that I am trying to start selling a new product for the masses. Its a little invention I like to call BLINKER FLUID. Although not an orginal idea a very good one. I know this product will sell like hotcakes once i get on the market. If you need some blinker fluid for your car contact me!!
See you around the BOARD
George

Devil_concours
04-26-03, 10:31 PM
blinker fluid LOL :D I don't remember where i heard that from but lol

Allante North *
04-27-03, 12:01 AM
Welcome gspenser!

Glad your here, and its nice to have a North* wise member to answer questions.

Don

Ralph
04-27-03, 03:26 AM
Welcome to all new guys!

BeelzeBob
04-27-03, 07:24 AM
Welcome, George! Thanks for signing up. It's good to have more knowledgable people becoming members here. Tell us about your invention.. I'd like to hear about it...

Katshot
04-27-03, 10:02 PM
Welcome George,
Blinker fluid huh? Gotta hear about this ;)
Jet mechanic too? Let's guess, you're also ex-military too right?
I was a jet mechanic in the Navy myself.

gspencer914
04-27-03, 10:14 PM
Kat your correct, ex-military was fun but really all the political BS i hated my last 3 years. Anyhow the blinker fluid thing is something that a friend of mine and me said we could sell at the local autoparts stores. In high school him and I were working at a national chain of autoparts store and had a girl come in and ask for it because her dad told her that her blinker quit working because of blinker fluid. We could barely stand up we were laughing so hard and she was quite mad about it. Ever since then I have been thinking about how i could market such a product for fun purposes never know EBAY would eat it up i'm sure. You know there is a lot of mechanically stupid people out there that would by it. I'm also thinking about making chrome muffler bearings, and headlight fluid. We also came up with a sure fire way to make a fortune. 1983 Corvette parts. Anyone know why this is funny??? Lets see!!
George

Katshot
04-28-03, 07:58 AM
George,
Sounds like you were the victim of the old "go get me a 5 gallon can of prop-wash", or "100ft. of flight-line" routine ;)

BeelzeBob
04-28-03, 08:06 AM
A 1983 Corvette. hehe. :p Though I HAVE seen one. It's in the Corvette Museum... :D Otherwise - I think these are cool ideas.. You should also make a 710.. Ya know? Ever hear that one?

kcnewell
04-28-03, 08:29 AM
Love the '83 'Vette thing.........Subtle.

gspencer914
04-28-03, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Katshot
George,
Sounds like you were the victim of the old "go get me a 5 gallon can of prop-wash", or "100ft. of flight-line" routine ;)
Yeah I got that one for sure. How about K9P or ID10T. That was fun times just alot of work. I worked on B52s and F16/F15 engines as well as the GEf108. It was interesting but not the life for me.

gspencer914
04-28-03, 05:42 PM
Sal 710? never heard of it you mean an engine? how about this new one PHNUEMATIC FLUID.

Anyone figured this one out?

Katshot
04-28-03, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by gspencer914
Yeah I got that one for sure. How about K9P or ID10T. That was fun times just alot of work. I worked on B52s and F16/F15 engines as well as the GEf108. It was interesting but not the life for me.

How 'bout this,
Started O-level maint. in a F14 squadron as a plane capt., then went I-level at an AIMD doing CER on any turbo-jet/fan/shaft they had (TF30, J52, J79, T64, T58, etc.), then ended up running a Test Cell facility (for all the above), and finally did my reserves heading up a jet shop in a patrol squadron (P3's). In the end, I jumped ship for the same reason you mentioned, I hated the politics and REALLY hated having TOTAL IDIOTS in control of my life. Lord knows, there's no other way I could've had the experiences I did but it was time to go.
I even went so far as to get my A&P license only to find out that most jobs out there were nights. Oh well, like I said, where else could I have done the things I did and seen the things I saw.