: NEED HELP gotta get engine buttoned up after install

Bmc2213
04-20-07, 03:40 PM
I did the timesert installation on a 95 eldorado and i got as far as getting the motor back into the car on its mounts, and i do have idea where some of the vacuum lines and connectors go but i would love pics or diagrams of where the sonnectors need to go and any info about getting the motor ready to go.

i know how the cooling system goes back togeher and the AC and other cooling lines the main issue is the wiring harness sensor hookups i have acsess to lifts and all the tools i could possibly need...but only for a few more days becuase im at school and its ending so any help would be saaaawwweeeeeet!

-BMC

zonie77
04-21-07, 02:55 AM
Lay out the wiring harness and most of them are obvious. Most of the connectors can only go on one device/sensor. There are a couple that are hard to see.

It's part of that "experience" thing...watching how something comes apart so you can put it together again.

dkozloski
04-21-07, 05:06 PM
Back when I managed an aircraft engine overhaul shop, we used polaroid and digital cameras to document where everything went. Some jobs required nearly a hundred pictures to make sure everything was covered.

eldorado1
04-21-07, 08:15 PM
I think this is going to turn into one of them 'learning experiences'

Bmc2213
04-22-07, 11:49 PM
haha i know! shit so everything is goin good but which way do the coolant lines go does it matter which way they go into and out of the heater core?

Mountie
04-30-07, 11:09 AM
If you can, find another car & take photos.... or park it next to yours & compare.

Your heatercore hoses have an 'in' & an 'out'.

Yuck....... they may be hard to get to, after engine is in?

( I guess it's a little late to mention that )

I don't know if my '93 north* is set-up the same, but if you need photos of a location?

Bmc2213
05-16-07, 05:52 PM
ok hopefully ppl are still looking at this, i have been good to go for a while here but i forgot about the vac lines on the cruise lol. i know the big one goes to the brake pedal and onto the top line of the cruise servo motor thingy. but is the other one just reg ol vacuum or does it have a specific place it needs to go?

Mountie
05-16-07, 07:11 PM
There may not be enough time, but the $ for the service manuals was worth the $80 bucks. Go to a Cadillac dealer & pop open a Seville hood & photograph.

z06bigbird
05-16-07, 07:52 PM
Dealer will lend you a manual, especially if you treat him right!! Be creative.

Mountie
05-17-07, 12:35 PM
I can't tell where you live, but maybe one of our members can drive to your car so you can compare.