: Seat question on 93-96 Fleetwoods

fltwd93
04-20-07, 10:44 AM
I just swapped seats between my 93 & 96 Fleetwoods. Everything matches up perfectly but for some reason the recline on all the front seats doesn't work. I'm assuming GM just changed up the order of the wires on the harness under the seat. Anybody else had this problem?

caddycruiser
04-20-07, 11:52 AM
Yeah, that's weird. There really shouldn't be a difference aside from the fact that each has a different lumbar control setup, but maybe that also causes a wiring change. It really shouldn't, and I think others have done this kind of swap before, so it may just be a little malfunction of sorts caused by something in the removal/installation. I've had a seat go wacko before, out of the blue, and there's lots of power controls so it's hard to tell.

509Rider
04-20-07, 08:28 PM
I just swapped seats between my 93 & 96 Fleetwoods. Everything matches up perfectly but for some reason the recline on all the front seats doesn't work. I'm assuming GM just changed up the order of the wires on the harness under the seat. Anybody else had this problem?I put 95 fleet seats in my 93 no probs but I just put 94 in my 95 and I have the same prob you need to jump a power wire and a ground to the switch no big deal.

fltwd93
04-20-07, 11:37 PM
Yeah, that's weird. There really shouldn't be a difference aside from the fact that each has a different lumbar control setup, but maybe that also causes a wiring change. It really shouldn't, and I think others have done this kind of swap before, so it may just be a little malfunction of sorts caused by something in the removal/installation. I've had a seat go wacko before, out of the blue, and there's lots of power controls so it's hard to tell.
It's gotta be a change in the wiring of the harness because both front seats in both vehicles will not recline.

fltwd93
04-20-07, 11:39 PM
I put 95 fleet seats in my 93 no probs but I just put 94 in my 95 and I have the same prob you need to jump a power wire and a ground to the switch no big deal.
Did you jump a power from the harness under the seat?

509Rider
04-20-07, 11:53 PM
Did you jump a power from the harness under the seat?Yes, I jumped power from my heated seat switch.

fltwd93
04-21-07, 09:43 AM
Yes, I jumped power from my heated seat switch.

Thanks for the tip Roller :)

509Rider
04-21-07, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the tip Roller :)No prob