: K&N Filter Installation

Permnico
04-20-07, 08:55 AM
Anyone want to help out by posting a step by step on how to install a new K&N air filter on a 2005 N* AWD? Thanks!

TSS
04-20-07, 09:19 AM
It replaces just like an ordinary air filter. No special seals or gaskets as I have had with other K&N filters in the past. Quite literally, a "drop-in" filter.

Your owner's manual has a step-by-step instruction on replacing the air filter under the maintenance section. I am not sure how anybody here could improve on those step-by-step directions or clarify any further. It is really quite simple - just give it a go!

Permnico
04-20-07, 10:10 AM
...so that's what that little book in the glove box is for...Thanks for the direction. Mission accomplished. Nothing like the last time I changed a filter...on my '69 383 RoadRunner...

TSS
04-20-07, 02:02 PM
Glad you got it done - do like the improvement?

Permnico
04-21-07, 09:36 AM
I really can't say I have noticed all that much of a difference. I read the forum pretty regularly and have read the posts of others indicating noticable improvements in mileage and power (so my expectation level may be a tad skewed).
So, as it's my wife's vehicle, and she wasn't aware I was installing the new filter, I'll wait and see if she comments. More objectively, I'll keep an eye on the average MPG (which was indicating 13.8 for the last 4-5K) to see if there's any improvement. Thanks again for your direction.