: 2006 STS V6 problems

R Steffy
04-19-07, 07:14 PM
I've owned this car about two months and it has about 8000 miles on it. Actually, I love the car but have a few issues I was wondering if anyone else had experenced. I've seen the treads on the wiggly seats. But in addition my car seems to stumble sometimes after I make a right turn. For a couple of seconds it won't accelerate. Also the rear seat heat vents under the front seats seem to only blow luke warm air even with the heat turned up the maximun. Also the engine seems a little noisy when accelerating from a dead stop at anything above a very slow start, almost like a pinging but its not a pre ignition ping. it is more steady and not as loud. Even with these problems I truly enjoy the car.

WillySTS
04-19-07, 11:24 PM
I've owned this car about two months and it has about 8000 miles on it. Actually, I love the car but have a few issues I was wondering if anyone else had experenced. But in addition my car seems to stumble sometimes after I make a right turn. For a couple of seconds it won't accelerate.

When that happens again, try and get a glimpse of the Driver Information Center and see if the "Traction Control Active" message is on. My wife kept complaining of that and it finally happened to me...the traction control was activated because I hit some minor bumps while turning and the inside rear wheel lost traction momentarily while accelerating.

coati
04-19-07, 11:37 PM
When that happens again, try and get a glimpse of the Driver Information Center and see if the "Traction Control Active" message is on. My wife kept complaining of that and it finally happened to me...the traction control was activated because I hit some minor bumps while turning and the inside rear wheel lost traction momentarily while accelerating.

I've noticed my '06 STS w/Northstar does that too.
When I hit a bump & accelerate or turning right heading upward on a highway exit & accelerate, the engine stumbles momentarily.:(
Is that normal or is there something wrong?:confused:

Onalaska
04-20-07, 07:11 AM
Try turning your traction control off with the switch on the console and see if it goes away. When taking off if the wheels spin just slightly the TC will come on. There will also be a brief message in the DIC. When this happens it feels like you are dragging about 2000 lbs behind the car for a few seconds or until both wheels are firmly on solid pavement.

Benjamin Simon
04-20-07, 08:03 AM
Be very, very careful when turn off the TC! I have alway driven FWD cars. When I turned off the TC, I did a 180 and almost crashed! Be prepared for the rear whels to get loose.

My TC turns on most of the time in any turn. My N* just has too much power :)

AllWheelEric
04-20-07, 04:47 PM
This is where the AWD is nice, even on dry pavement. You just mash down on the pedal and it goes. OK, ok, once in a while I too hit a pothole and get punished by the TC. But not nearly as often as my older Seville STS.

R Steffy
04-20-07, 06:33 PM
I appreciate the responses and believe my problem with the engine stumbling may be exactly as others described, especially if the pavement was wet. Thanks

evaccaro
04-22-07, 11:09 PM
All of this sounds logical unless your car is equipped a limited-slip differential. STS V6 with the Luxury Performance package (1SC) are equipped this way unless they have all wheel drive. When the traction control engages on a limited-slip differential equipped vehicle, it is hardly noticeable. If your car is so equipped and you are experiencing stumbling something is definitely wrong.