: Rumors are out for 2009 CTS-V, but what about next gen STS-V?

GM-4-LIFE
04-19-07, 05:26 PM
I have heard rumors about the 2009 CTS-V which sound very promising, however what about the next generation STS-V, if there will even be a next gen STS-V. I haven't heard anything about a new STS or a new STS-V with more power (I hope.) The car needs at least another 50-100 crank hp in my opinion and I told the Grand River Lansing Cadillac employee the same thing when he called me to ask me how I liked the car.

Any thoughts on this?

SG

Dr. Design
04-19-07, 08:42 PM
Rumor has it that it could introduce the next gen N* motor with a little forced induction assistance. If you look at the competitors or target vehicles for the current STS-V you will certainly see that they need to bring it back with even more power! The bigger issue right now is what platform the next STS/DTS will be on. Once they figure that out we will get a better idea of what motor will be used. 600HP is a good place to start!

off topic - If you are serious about getting another 50-100HP out of your current STS-V, give us a call!

Thank you,

I have heard rumors about the 2009 CTS-V which sound very promising, however what about the next generation STS-V, if there will even be a next gen STS-V. I haven't heard anything about a new STS or a new STS-V with more power (I hope.) The car needs at least another 50-100 crank hp in my opinion and I told the Grand River Lansing Cadillac employee the same thing when he called me to ask me how I liked the car.

Any thoughts on this?

SG

GM-4-LIFE
04-19-07, 10:10 PM
Rumor has it that it could introduce the next gen N* motor with a little forced induction assistance. If you look at the competitors or target vehicles for the current STS-V you will certainly see that they need to bring it back with even more power! The bigger issue right now is what platform the next STS/DTS will be on. Once they figure that out we will get a better idea of what motor will be used. 600HP is a good place to start!

off topic - If you are serious about getting another 50-100HP out of your current STS-V, give us a call!

Thank you,

I heard that GM is dumping $300M in the Tonawanda, NY engine plant which is going to build the Northstar replacement dubbed the "Ultra." In that article, they made no mention of the Ultra's intended platform. I am wondering when the more powerful STS-V will be out so I can go from my current STS-V to the new one which will be around February 2009. I can almost swear that I heard that the STS-V may have 530hp or more in the next couple of years (current body) while they are working on building a new STS or STS replacement. 600hp sounds about right and it has to have at least that much power if GM is serious about wanting to compete with Mercedes and BMW and if so, they better start acting like it. GM keeps playing catch-up and they should come out with something that the other automakers will need to compete with and attempt to beat in order to stay on top. This is what GM needs to do if they want to gain market share and sell cars. GM needs to give the public what they want and NOT what GM wants.

SG

Dr. Design
04-20-07, 02:29 PM
Hello,
We couldn’t agree with you more. You figure by time they come out with the new motor 530HP surely wouldn’t be nearly enough. 600HP would have to be the bench mark. Or put the STS-V on a serious diet. The vehicle weights a little too much. 3800 lbs. in a 575HP vehicle would be pretty impressive.
The HP wars are eventually going to tail off. So they will have to find other ways to play with the power: weight ratio.

With time, they will get it right!
Thanks,

I heard that GM is dumping $300M in the Tonawanda, NY engine plant which is going to build the Northstar replacement dubbed the "Ultra." In that article, they made no mention of the Ultra's intended platform. I am wondering when the more powerful STS-V will be out so I can go from my current STS-V to the new one which will be around February 2009. I can almost swear that I heard that the STS-V may have 530hp or more in the next couple of years (current body) while they are working on building a new STS or STS replacement. 600hp sounds about right and it has to have at least that much power if GM is serious about wanting to compete with Mercedes and BMW and if so, they better start acting like it. GM keeps playing catch-up and they should come out with something that the other automakers will need to compete with and attempt to beat in order to stay on top. This is what GM needs to do if they want to gain market share and sell cars. GM needs to give the public what they want and NOT what GM wants.

SG

GM-4-LIFE
04-20-07, 02:51 PM
Hello,
We couldn’t agree with you more. You figure by time they come out with the new motor 530HP surely wouldn’t be nearly enough. 600HP would have to be the bench mark. Or put the STS-V on a serious diet. The vehicle weights a little too much. 3800 lbs. in a 575HP vehicle would be pretty impressive.
The HP wars are eventually going to tail off. So they will have to find other ways to play with the power: weight ratio.

With time, they will get it right!
Thanks,

While I agree with you, it is going to be almost impossible for GM to make an almost full-size Cadillac with it's body size, powertrain, electronics, suspension, and brakes to come in with a curb weight of 3800 lbs. That is GM's F-body territory.

Heck, I had my CTS-V weighed and without a driver, the car weighed in at 3850 lbs. and with me being 200 lbs., it weighed in at 4050. And the CTS-V was a much smaller vehicle to boot over an STS and I heard GM wants to make the next gen STS bigger to be the same dimensions as the Chinese SLS which will make it weigh more than the current STS. GM is going backwards, not forward, so 600hp is more like a requirement. I believe there is a 500 lb. difference in weight between the CTS-V and STS-V.

SG