: Voice Prompt 07 Nav question.

Dif
04-19-07, 05:35 PM
I know how to set the voice prompt volume but,..
if I'm listening to the radio and the Nav gives me a voice prompt, the radio does not mute.
Then when I lower the radio volume to hear the Nav prompt, the volume for the prompt goes lower also.
And, I can't hear it the next time I get a prompt.
I have to go into the Config screen and raise the Volume for the voice prompt.
Anyone have this happen or is there something I need to know or do?

In my 04,.. the radio would automatically mute during a voice prompt.
I can't find any info on this in the 07 Nav manual. :bigroll:

Dif
04-20-07, 07:10 PM
Does anyone use their Nav?

swerc_1
04-23-07, 11:29 AM
I cant figure this out myself.. I need an answer also

Dif
04-23-07, 01:54 PM
I just talked to my Dealer's Service Manager.
He doesn't know if it's an issue/problem or just the way they are.
He's looking into it and will let me know when he finds out something.
Will update as things progress :)

Dif
05-02-07, 11:12 AM
Well, my Dealer doesn't know what it could be.
The Nav Disc Center doesn't know what it could be.
Cadillac Customer Service doesn't know what it could be.
Even though it's like that on other's vehicles, nobody seems to know if it's supposed to be like that or if it's an issue.
Only new info I have is my Service Manager said there is a Software Update for the Radio but doesn't know what it updates or if it's related to the Nav or not.
Everything else with the Radio/Nav is working fine so hate to get the update without knowing what it Updates :confused:
Oh well :bigroll:
How many others have this issue????

hcvone
05-02-07, 12:37 PM
I use my Nav a lot but not the voice, one person in the passenger seat talking is enough, if you know what I mean. ;)

Jackalope Eye
05-02-07, 02:43 PM
Anyone know how I can mute my WIFE? I'm fine with the nav voice.....

bartturner
05-04-07, 09:43 AM
Sounds like something is wrong or you have something set wrong. On mine when a voice prompt from the Nav comes the radio turns way down. There is an adjustment of what volume you want the nav voice prompts. I have set this.

Maybe there is also an adjustment somewhere on mutting the radio. I don't know because that is how mine worked from day 1.

But I can tell you on a 2007 ESV it should work as mine does

Dif
05-04-07, 12:32 PM
Sounds like something is wrong or you have something set wrong. On mine when a voice prompt from the Nav comes the radio turns way down. There is an adjustment of what volume you want the nav voice prompts. I have set this.

Maybe there is also an adjustment somewhere on mutting the radio. I don't know because that is how mine worked from day 1.

But I can tell you on a 2007 ESV it should work as mine does
Thanks a lot for the info.
I can set the Voice prompt volume ok, but the radio doesn't lower when a voice prompt comes on.
And as I mentioned, when I lower the radio to hear the prompt, the prompt volume goes lower also, and then has to be made higher before the next prompt.
Can't find anything relating to any other settings and nobody seems to know either.
Guess I'll get the Radio software update done and see if that solves it.
Thanks again.

copeysnack2003
05-04-07, 01:33 PM
Dif,

I use my Nav constantly, not always because I have to, but because I love to mess around with it. I thought I had the same problem you are seeing, but I figured out that it was me, not the navigation. When the nav goes to give you a voice prompt, there is a brief second before and after the actual message when the voice prompt is engaged, but not transmitting. If you adjust your volume either during a voice prompt or one of the brief moments before and after the message, it will adjust the voice volume only and not the music volume. There have been many times where I go to adjust the volume of my music and just when I do, the nav voice kicks in and I end up adjusting the volume of it instead of my music. I'm not saying this is the case with your system, but it's a possiblility that you may just have to be a little more careful that you're adjusting the volume at the right time. In short, if music is playing when you adjust the volume, it will adjust the volume of the music only. If the voice command is on, it will only adjust the volume of the voice commands.
It can be frustrating at times, but once you figure it out, it's not a problem most of the time.

Dif
05-04-07, 03:28 PM
You're correct copeysnack2003 .. :yup: I learned that by trial and error also.
The problem is with the radio on, and a voice prompt comes on, I can't hear the voice prompt unless prompt volume is set extremely loud to hear it over the radio.
What the Nav should be doing during a voice prompt as Bartturner mentioned, is Automatically lower the radio volume or...Automatically mute the radio.
That is the correct way the system should work.
Bartturner's Nav works correct while mine and SWCER 1 .. so far... has a problem.
My 04 EXT would Mute the radio during a prompt.

Dif
05-06-07, 08:17 PM
Well, went on a 200 mile trip today, messing with the Nav all the way and found out it's working the way it should.
It lowers the radio volume Automatically when the voice prompt comes on but Only lowers the radio volume if the radio is Very Loud.
I guess that's it :ill: ..

copeysnack2003
05-08-07, 11:31 AM
I guess that's why I've never had a problem....I've alway got my tunes cranked up :)