: Automatic closing of sunroof

dhemrick
04-18-07, 10:27 PM
I really like the feature where you can hold down the lock button for two seconds on the key fob and close all the windows. However, at least on my car, it does not also close the sunroof. Is this the correct operation?

I would think that if you want to exit the vehicle and remotely close the windows, it should close the sunroof as well.

I usually drive with the sunroof open if I have the windows down.

Does anyone know if it is possible to make it close the sunroof too?

Kadonny
04-19-07, 09:11 AM
Good question, I have never done either of the things you listed. I'll have to try it.

GM-4-LIFE
04-19-07, 04:56 PM
Good question, I have never done either of the things you listed. I'll have to try it.

Same here! I didn't even know the car had that feature in the first place.

SG

dhemrick
04-19-07, 09:59 PM
Same here! I didn't even know the car had that feature in the first place.

SG

I'm not sure how I figured it out. It is a great feature.

I had an after market alarm on my truck once that did something similar with the windows. That system would both raise and lower the windows remotely and I really liked it on hot days.

WillySTS
04-19-07, 11:08 PM
I really like the feature where you can hold down the lock button for two seconds on the key fob and close all the windows. However, at least on my car, it does not also close the sunroof. Is this the correct operation?

I would think that if you want to exit the vehicle and remotely close the windows, it should close the sunroof as well.

I usually drive with the sunroof open if I have the windows down.

Does anyone know if it is possible to make it close the sunroof too?

I, too, have wondered the same thing. But, in all of my research and questions from tech people, it cannot be incorporated to close with the windows. Maybe the '08 or '09 will have that incorporated into that feature.

txcadvette
04-19-07, 11:45 PM
2006 Owner manual page 2-6 says "the windows may be closed from outside the vehicle using the lock button on the keyless access transmitter. Press and hold the lock button for more than 2 seconds to close any open window(s)..." Again on page 2-20 under Secure Car Feature it mentions the windows can be closed by pressing the lock button. There is no mention of closing the Sunroof by using the remote. Also, on page 2-52 discussing the operation of the Sunroof, the two Sunroof switches are all that are mentioned in describing the open/close functions. I have asked several people too, but no one knows more than the manual.

Yes, I read the manual...this car has so many features, I decided to read to make sure something I thought was working wierd was actually a feature!

When I picked up the car and was driving home in the dark from the dealer the auto-headlights worked just great, but as I approached a very dark road the high beams automatically went on, then off when I approached a car. It was also raining a little bit. The windshield wipers started going on their own (which was fine because I knew they were rain sensing wipers) but then they went real fast and then slow on their own. The rain stopped and all was fine for now.

The next day was sunny and my daytime running lights would not turn on but the headlights were on all of the time. Guess what? These are all features - auto high beams, variable rain sensing wipers with sensitivity control and if you forget to return the wiper control to the "off" position, the headlights will stay on. Also, remember not to leave the wipers "on" at the car wash. It is easy to forget since they automatically start and stop.

This may seem pretty funny, but my sales guy didn't know about these features either!

dhemrick
04-20-07, 07:55 AM
This may seem pretty funny, but my sales guy didn't know about these features either!

Now, THAT doesn't surprise me. :)

Kadonny
04-20-07, 08:20 AM
I use the automatic locking feature with the car so I never even touch my key fob. Greatest thing ever.

jjsocrazy
04-20-07, 08:22 AM
Same here. I was using the fob to close all the windows and surprisingly it wouldn't shut the sunroof. I really don't understand why GM didn't allow for that, saves time instead of getting back in the car, pushing accessory and then closing it. :mad:

ssstealth
04-20-07, 10:13 PM
Don't forget the "Windows Up" or "Windows Down" voice command. That is alwways big fun!

z06bigbird
04-29-07, 04:03 PM
There is a reason for the sun roof not closing. It was the result of a lashing by PETA. Where else will cats go during a rainstorm. At least they can hide somewhere in the car.

dhemrick
04-29-07, 08:57 PM
There is a reason for the sun roof not closing. It was the result of a lashing by PETA. Where else will cats go during a rainstorm. At least they can hide somewhere in the car.

OK... now I want the new Cat-a-pult feature installed in my STS-V. Any cat that gets on the car is immediately thrown back into the neighbors yard.

Before you flame, I like cats OK, just not ones who sun themselves on my car. I like my dogs better though. Mine ride IN the car and only get in when asked. :-)

Berger 93
05-01-07, 04:20 PM
Don't forget the "Windows Up" or "Windows Down" voice command. That is alwways big fun!

Except for the stupid fact that it INSISTS on asking "Do you really want to do that" "Say Yes or No?" . . . YES . . . "sorry command not recognised " . . . GRRR :banghead:

Talk about looking like a fool yelling YES! YES! YES! to your car . . . :cookoo:

ssstealth
05-01-07, 09:01 PM
Next time try this... When you talk to your car, speak at the inside rear view mirror where the microphone is located at. I have found that this little detail really helps the system hear you better.

Of course, "Windows Down" always works better than "Windows Up" because of the wind noise. ;-)