: Question about STS-V

jjsocrazy
04-17-07, 11:15 PM
My friend and I were speaking about the difference between the STS-V and CTS-V. He said he wouldn't want to waste $20,000 on an STS-V because the CTS-V is faster itself. Why is a car that is 469 HP S/C isn't faster than a 400 HP Vette engine. I was hoping someone can help me with this one! I love the STS-V, I drove one at my dad's place and didn't want to get out. Black on Black looks the best, also with the half red interior. I love that car and I would spend the extra cash on that car, my friend is stubborn though :thepan: I stated that maybe the fact of the weight or the way the engine performs, I tried, lol.

Thanks! :)

CadV
04-17-07, 11:55 PM
My friend and I were speaking about the difference between the STS-V and CTS-V. He said he wouldn't want to waste $20,000 on an STS-V because the CTS-V is faster itself. Why is a car that is 469 HP S/C isn't faster than a 400 HP Vette engine. I was hoping someone can help me with this one! I love the STS-V, I drove one at my dad's place and didn't want to get out. Black on Black looks the best, also with the half red interior. I love that car and I would spend the extra cash on that car, my friend is stubborn though :thepan: I stated that maybe the fact of the weight or the way the engine performs, I tried, lol.

Thanks! :)

He doesn't know what he is talking about. I beat a CTS-V from a dead stop and from a roll on the highway. He didn't miss any gears either. From 120-140 I was pulling on him bad.

Kadonny
04-18-07, 08:15 AM
I was going to say the STS-V is as fast as the CTS-V, but CadV proved it even more. Nice work CadV!

The STS-V is so much more car than the CTS-V. Just look at the standard equipment to see where the price difference comes in. The car is heavier, thus the extra hp is needed to move it, pretty simple.

jjsocrazy
04-18-07, 12:28 PM
He doesn't know what he is talking about. I beat a CTS-V from a dead stop and from a roll on the highway. He didn't miss any gears either. From 120-140 I was pulling on him bad.

Thanks for that info, I knew that the STS-V was quicker. I love the STS, I just got one and can't wait to get my V Spoiler and Grill all original from Cadillac baby! :) I'll be sure to tell my stubborn friend this. Thanks! :bouncy:

ewill3rd
04-19-07, 07:51 AM
I like them both, but I know some people that find themselves wishing on occaision that the CTS-V had an automatic transmission.
Not much fun in heavy traffic.
They are just different cars.
Does your "friend" own either one?
;)

jjsocrazy
04-19-07, 12:16 PM
I like them both, but I know some people that find themselves wishing on occaision that the CTS-V had an automatic transmission.
Not much fun in heavy traffic.
They are just different cars.
Does your "friend" own either one?
;)

No, my friend actually has an 05 GT Mustang 5-Speed, he is quite stubbon at times. I have driven the STS-V but haven't got the chance in a CTS-V. I understand what a pain in the ass it is to have a stick in heavy traffic/stop and go driving.

MRR
04-19-07, 12:50 PM
I love the STS, I just got one and can't wait to get my V Spoiler and Grill all original from Cadillac baby! :) :bouncy:

Do you have one are just drove one?

MRR

jjsocrazy
04-19-07, 12:51 PM
No I have an 07 STS-4 V6 loaded. I drove a black/black STS-V at my dads dealer and loved it, although I couldn't use the auto-shifter b/c you have to wait 1000 mi for that.

GM-4-LIFE
04-19-07, 04:55 PM
I was going to say the STS-V is as fast as the CTS-V, but CadV proved it even more. Nice work CadV!

The STS-V is so much more car than the CTS-V. Just look at the standard equipment to see where the price difference comes in. The car is heavier, thus the extra hp is needed to move it, pretty simple.

I agree as well with Kadonny. Having had both cars and driving the crap out both of them, the STS-V feels more solid over the CTS-V and while the CTS-V feels faster because you feel more instant-on torque, the STS-V's blown Northstar set-up feels better to me. You can't compare the CTS-V to the STS-V. They are entirely way different platforms and both serve a different purpose. While the STS-V is heavier, it handles better than my CTS-V did. Much better!

Best decision I made going from the CTS-V to the STS-V.

SG

trukk
04-20-07, 01:05 PM
While the STS-V is heavier, it handles better than my CTS-V did. Much better!

Wow, was that credibility flying out the window? I'd love to see an STS-V on a road course. I have a real hard time believeing that statement. Actually there is probabaly no way I can buy that statement. Ia'd think the balance of the car has to be off due to the Charger on the font end. The great thing about the CTS-V is how neutral it is handling-wise.

A bunch of people already commented that they are two very different cars. I'd say sport sedan vs. sport crusier (more akin to the SRT-8).

Finally the comments about the STS-V beaing faster than a CTS-V, I have a hard time believing that one too. I have no doubt that from a dig the STS-V will pull on a CTS-V, due to the auto. CTS-V's are a real PITA to launch. Once up to speed though, or from a roll, the CTS-V should really pull. A look at the 1/4 mi trap times should show that. CTS-V's usually trap 107-109. The other thead I saw on hear showed STS-V's traping 101-103.

The killer for me with the STS-V is the N* and the slushbox. I daily drive my V in craptastic stop and go, and still would kill myself if I couldn't row my own gears. Additionally the old pushrod V8 has incredible reliablity, is naturally aspirated, and has a huge aftermarket support.

I don't want to come across as a troll, or someone bashing the STS-V in this thread. I think the STS is a really cool car, and I LOVE the way the STS-V's look. Everytime I see one, I still think, that is one really sharp car. I can't believe that they haven't just blown the 5 & S series out of the water yet.

Botom line is enjoy your ride, it is awesome,

Chris

P.S. CTS-V now has the 4th highest HP rating in the Caddy Line-up. That's an interesting fact.

txcadvette
04-20-07, 02:34 PM
I agree as well with Kadonny. Having had both cars and driving the crap out both of them, the STS-V feels more solid over the CTS-V and while the CTS-V feels faster because you feel more instant-on torque, the STS-V's blown Northstar set-up feels better to me. You can't compare the CTS-V to the STS-V. They are entirely way different platforms and both serve a different purpose. While the STS-V is heavier, it handles better than my CTS-V did. Much better!

Best decision I made going from the CTS-V to the STS-V.

SG

I have to say as an owner of BOTH CTS-V and STS-V that I agree with the above statement. They are just really different cars!

GM-4-LIFE
04-20-07, 02:35 PM
Wow, was that credibility flying out the window? I'd love to see an STS-V on a road course. I have a real hard time believeing that statement. Actually there is probabaly no way I can buy that statement. Ia'd think the balance of the car has to be off due to the Charger on the font end. The great thing about the CTS-V is how neutral it is handling-wise.

A bunch of people already commented that they are two very different cars. I'd say sport sedan vs. sport crusier (more akin to the SRT-8).

Finally the comments about the STS-V beaing faster than a CTS-V, I have a hard time believing that one too. I have no doubt that from a dig the STS-V will pull on a CTS-V, due to the auto. CTS-V's are a real PITA to launch. Once up to speed though, or from a roll, the CTS-V should really pull. A look at the 1/4 mi trap times should show that. CTS-V's usually trap 107-109. The other thead I saw on hear showed STS-V's traping 101-103.

The killer for me with the STS-V is the N* and the slushbox. I daily drive my V in craptastic stop and go, and still would kill myself if I couldn't row my own gears. Additionally the old pushrod V8 has incredible reliablity, is naturally aspirated, and has a huge aftermarket support.

I don't want to come across as a troll, or someone bashing the STS-V in this thread. I think the STS is a really cool car, and I LOVE the way the STS-V's look. Everytime I see one, I still think, that is one really sharp car. I can't believe that they haven't just blown the 5 & S series out of the water yet.

Botom line is enjoy your ride, it is awesome,

Chris

P.S. CTS-V now has the 4th highest HP rating in the Caddy Line-up. That's an interesting fact.

While it may sound wrong, I found my STS-V to be a better handler on hard cornering over my CTS-V and I can tell you a few factors that could make the STS-V better:

The STS-V has better tires and slightly wider tires. The Pirelli run-flats are much better over Goodyear's run-flats. The Goodyear tires caused the CTS-V to slide around a lot more on hard cornering that would cause the traction control to kick in and if the traction control wasn't switched on, get ready for drift city.

The STS-V's suspension allow the car to feel better and I am more confident in my STS-V over the CTS-V when driving the car extremely hard. I would love to take the STS-V on a road course, whereas I never wanted to take the CTS-V because I didn't feel the car had a good enough suspension for high speed cornering due to the fact the tires and suspension weren't good enough for the power level the CTS-V had. I feel Cadillac engineers did a better job on the STS-V's suspension over the CTS-V.

The STS-V is heavier which makes it seem to stick better. The CTS-V was a lot lighter which caused it to slide around much easier during hard cornering. The CTS-V's handling was terrible in my opinion. It just lacked a smooth ride at freeway speeds and lacked a Corvette like track experience. I have owned a 2001 C5, 2002 Z06, 2003 Z06, 2004 Z06, 2005 C6 and 2007 Z06.

The STS-V has a wider track and bigger overall wheelbase over the CTS-V. This helps out a lot.

The STS-V has magnetic ride shocks while the CTS-V had a standard gas monotube shock which had one setting which was always stiff and didn't allow the shocks to be comfortable during cruising and perform during hard cornering. The STS-V's magnetic shocks allow you to have a dual purpose performer while the CTS-V lacked proper compression and rebound characteristics.

While I do agree that the CTS-V "feels" faster than the STS-V, I don't see it being that much faster because a Northstar engine is so smooth that it doesn't feel fast until you look at the speedometer and see that you are going 100+ on a city street and without even knowing it and have to slow down. The CTS-V's Corvette pushrod engine makes you feel the torque powerband more and you are more aware of the speed because of the instant-on torque feeling, but it is all in your imagination. The Cadillac V-series are all rated 0-60 at under 5 seconds. That includes the STS-V which means the CTS-V and STS-V are just about the same speedwise. Both cars just make power differently and on a dyno sheet you can easily see that.

Again, I am making this determination after spending a year in a 2006 CTS-V and now almost 3 months in my 2007 STS-V and there is nothing better in the CTS-V over the STS-V and I think I join the ranks of those that feel the STS-V is a world better over the CTS-V. Look at how many go for the STS-V from the CTS-V. I have owned quite a few GM vehicles since 2000 including 6 Corvettes, a few GM full-size trucks and SUVs and about 6 Cadillacs within the past two years and NOTHING comes close to the STS-V's comfort level, power level, build quality and overall satisfaction.

Lastly and I know this is a bit off topic, the STS-V build quality and reliability is far more superior over the CTS-V and I think this is a fact when I say that. The STS-V is not plagued with problems and issues like the CTS-V is.

You can say that I am partial and biased towards GM vehicles, but that is because I have seen what crap the imports produce and at what price level that keeps me coming back to GM.

SG

MRR
04-20-07, 06:19 PM
While it may sound wrong, I found my STS-V to be a better handler on hard cornering over my CTS-V and I can tell you a few factors that could make the STS-V better:

The STS-V has better tires and slightly wider tires. The Pirelli run-flats are much better over Goodyear's run-flats. The Goodyear tires caused the CTS-V to slide around a lot more on hard cornering that would cause the traction control to kick in and if the traction control wasn't switched on, get ready for drift city.

The STS-V's suspension allow the car to feel better and I am more confident in my STS-V over the CTS-V when driving the car extremely hard. I would love to take the STS-V on a road course, whereas I never wanted to take the CTS-V because I didn't feel the car had a good enough suspension for high speed cornering due to the fact the tires and suspension weren't good enough for the power level the CTS-V had. I feel Cadillac engineers did a better job on the STS-V's suspension over the CTS-V.

The STS-V is heavier which makes it seem to stick better. The CTS-V was a lot lighter which caused it to slide around much easier during hard cornering. The CTS-V's handling was terrible in my opinion. It just lacked a smooth ride at freeway speeds and lacked a Corvette like track experience. I have owned a 2001 C5, 2002 Z06, 2003 Z06, 2004 Z06, 2005 C6 and 2007 Z06.

The STS-V has a wider track and bigger overall wheelbase over the CTS-V. This helps out a lot.

The STS-V has magnetic ride shocks while the CTS-V had a standard gas monotube shock which had one setting which was always stiff and didn't allow the shocks to be comfortable during cruising and perform during hard cornering. The STS-V's magnetic shocks allow you to have a dual purpose performer while the CTS-V lacked proper compression and rebound characteristics.

While I do agree that the CTS-V "feels" faster than the STS-V, I don't see it being that much faster because a Northstar engine is so smooth that it doesn't feel fast until you look at the speedometer and see that you are going 100+ on a city street and without even knowing it and have to slow down. The CTS-V's Corvette pushrod engine makes you feel the torque powerband more and you are more aware of the speed because of the instant-on torque feeling, but it is all in your imagination. The Cadillac V-series are all rated 0-60 at under 5 seconds. That includes the STS-V which means the CTS-V and STS-V are just about the same speedwise. Both cars just make power differently and on a dyno sheet you can easily see that.

Again, I am making this determination after spending a year in a 2006 CTS-V and now almost 3 months in my 2007 STS-V and there is nothing better in the CTS-V over the STS-V and I think I join the ranks of those that feel the STS-V is a world better over the CTS-V. Look at how many go for the STS-V from the CTS-V. I have owned quite a few GM vehicles since 2000 including 6 Corvettes, a few GM full-size trucks and SUVs and about 6 Cadillacs within the past two years and NOTHING comes close to the STS-V's comfort level, power level, build quality and overall satisfaction.

Lastly and I know this is a bit off topic, the STS-V build quality and reliability is far more superior over the CTS-V and I think this is a fact when I say that. The STS-V is not plagued with problems and issues like the CTS-V is.

You can say that I am partial and biased towards GM vehicles, but that is because I have seen what crap the imports produce and at what price level that keeps me coming back to GM.

SG

I owned a CTS-V before I bought the STS-V. All I can say about your statements, is please let me know what your smoking so I can get some.

MRR

GM-4-LIFE
04-20-07, 07:29 PM
I owned a CTS-V before I bought the STS-V. All I can say about your statements, is please let me know what your smoking so I can get some.

MRR

MRR,

Just smoking tires. If you can't back up your statement with solid tech info, I guess that says it all. I was posting my thoughts, opinions and experience with both cars.

SG

MRR
04-21-07, 06:52 AM

Wow, the STS-V is heavier which makes it seem to stick better. I guess the STS-V must handle a lot better then those lighter Corvetts you owned, with those Run Crap tires.

By the way, you don't impress me with all the Vetts you've owned. My Forum handle, (MRR), is what I used since joining the Corvette Forum in 1999. I've used it ever since. Mag Red Rick. 1999 Mag Red Cp, 2000 Mag Red Cp, 2001 DBG Vert, 2002 Torch Red Cp, 2003 Torch Red Z06, 2004 CE Vert, 2005 Z51 Cp. They were all lighter then a STS-V, and much faster.

MRR

GM-4-LIFE
04-21-07, 06:13 PM

Wow, the STS-V is heavier which makes it seem to stick better. I guess the STS-V must handle a lot better then those lighter Corvetts you owned, with those Run Crap tires.

By the way, you don't impress me with all the Vetts you've owned. My Forum handle, (MRR), is what I used since joining the Corvette Forum in 1999. I've used it ever since. Mag Red Rick. 1999 Mag Red Cp, 2000 Mag Red Cp, 2001 DBG Vert, 2002 Torch Red Cp, 2003 Torch Red Z06, 2004 CE Vert, 2005 Z51 Cp. They were all lighter then a STS-V, and much faster.

MRR

Rick,

I am sorry that I angered you. Again, THIS WAS MY OPINION BASED ON MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCES WITH BOTH CARS. I guess you didn't read that part of my post. I guess you can't post personal opinion based on experience without making waves. I guess I will think twice before posting again.

SG

ssstealth
04-21-07, 08:08 PM
I'll join this love-fest and just clarify that the STS-V does NOT have the magnetic ride control. The regulard STS's have this but not the V.

I think the other handling differences are mainly due to the driving style. We have both CTS and STS-V and i will say that in "normal" driving, the CTS seems to feel better in the curves. The STS-V is obviously heavier in the front and you can feel that imbalance. On the other hand when the STS-V is really pushed hard, it seems to come alive and really grab the corners. It is a confidence thing that is hard to explain.

Does anybody know what the "Ring" times were for both cars? I know they stated ~8:30 for the STS-V but I never saw any times for the CTS-V. Knowing that would tell a lot.

GM-4-LIFE
04-21-07, 09:29 PM
I'll join this love-fest and just clarify that the STS-V does NOT have the magnetic ride control. The regulard STS's have this but not the V.

I think the other handling differences are mainly due to the driving style. We have both CTS and STS-V and i will say that in "normal" driving, the CTS seems to feel better in the curves. The STS-V is obviously heavier in the front and you can feel that imbalance. On the other hand when the STS-V is really pushed hard, it seems to come alive and really grab the corners. It is a confidence thing that is hard to explain.

Does anybody know what the "Ring" times were for both cars? I know they stated ~8:30 for the STS-V but I never saw any times for the CTS-V. Knowing that would tell a lot.

The Cadillac website states that the STS-V has the magnetic ride control standard and so does the window sticker of my STS-V. How does it NOT have the magnetic ride control?

Thanks for your feedback clarifying why the STS-V implements more confidence while driving.

SG

WillySTS
04-22-07, 10:11 PM
The Cadillac website states that the STS-V has the magnetic ride control standard and so does the window sticker of my STS-V. How does it NOT have the magnetic ride control?

Thanks for your feedback clarifying why the STS-V implements more confidence while driving.

SG

Correct, the STS-V does NOT have Magnetic Ride Control, it does have, however, Performance Tuned Suspension, featuring Sachs Monotube Shocks.

If it does have Mag Ride Control, what setting is yours on and how do you set it?

And, my sticker and every sticker on the V's at our dealership says it has "Performance Tuned Suspension"

GM-4-LIFE
04-22-07, 11:12 PM
Correct, the STS-V does NOT have Magnetic Ride Control, it does have, however, Performance Tuned Suspension, featuring Sachs Monotube Shocks.

If it does have Mag Ride Control, what setting is yours on and how do you set it?

And, my sticker and every sticker on the V's at our dealership says it has "Performance Tuned Suspension"

WillySTS,

Have you checked the Cadillac website? Under the equipment section for the STS-V, it says that the magnetic ride control is standard. It must be wrong then. The window sticker of my STS-V also says magnetic ride control, however there is no way to set it like on my 2005 V8 STS that had. I tried scrolling through the vehicle control settings to find the section for the magnetic ride control, but it wasn't there. I guess Cadillac is making a mistake on their website and on their window stickers. Someone should let them know.

For what it's worth, I do like the shock valving, compression and rebound on the STS-V shocks over the CTS-V.

SG

ssstealth
04-23-07, 06:29 AM
Agreed... The Cadillac website does state that the 2007 "V" model does have this package.

Very simple... Press the "Config" button and see if the screen gives you the choice to set the suspension in "Touring" or "Performance" mode.

I can only verify that my 2006 STS-V does NOT have this choice available.

ewill3rd
04-23-07, 07:29 AM
I'll look when I get one in for service, it can have magnetic ride control even though you might not be able to change the mode yourself.
They probably just turned control over to a computer based on how you are driving it.
I seem to recall this setting being available on STS with nav radio and mag ride?

ssstealth
04-23-07, 07:56 AM
I have not looked yet, but I would imagine that only cars equipped with the Magnetic ride will have an ESC computer mounted in the trunk behind the right rear wheelwell.

Kadonny
04-23-07, 12:36 PM
I guess the STS-V must handle a lot better then those lighter Corvetts you owned, with those Run Crap tires.

MRR

MRR, remember in 2006 GM switched the standard tire on the CTS-V to the RSA, not the F1 Supercars. I highly doubt the Corvettes are running RSA tires.

I can tell you from my experience that the Pirelli tires on the STS-V are far superior in my opinion to the RSAs. I did not drive a CTS-V with the Supercars, so I don't have an opinion on those, but I heard they are great tires stricly on a performance basis. The RSA tires were great for daily use, but when pushed hard they slid out quite easily.

GM-4-LIFE
04-23-07, 02:14 PM
ewill3rd,

When I had a 2005 V8 STS with the magnetic ride control, it did give me a touring or sport choice on the nav system, by my 2007 STS-V does not give me that option even though Cadillac says the STS-V has the magnetic ride on their website and on my window sticker. This is very odd. Unless just as you stated that GM went to a self tuning magnetic shock that a computer regulates. It does kind of feel that way, but it could just be the way they are valved from Sachs (if they are Sachs shocks.)

Maybe running the STS-V shock part numbers through the GMSPO computer system will give you info on the STS-V shocks and I am sure the price will also give you an indication if they are simply gas shocks or the magnetic.

ssstealth,

When I get time, I may pull back the inside wheel well fender covers to see if the computer is mounted on the right side. I remember it being there on my 2005 STS when I replaced the taillights to GM's export version.

Kadonny,

I agree with you. The RS-A Goodyear run-flats were junk. The Supercars were much better over the RS-As, but you still slid around on them. The Pirelli's are much better over anything Goodyear has as far as run-flats go.

The Corvette has the Supercar run-flats and the Z06 does too, but in different sizes. Same tires. Supercar F1 EMTs.

SG

ssstealth
04-23-07, 08:33 PM
... and they all lived happily ever after!!!

WillySTS
04-24-07, 01:42 AM
WillySTS,

Have you checked the Cadillac website? Under the equipment section for the STS-V, it says that the magnetic ride control is standard. It must be wrong then. The window sticker of my STS-V also says magnetic ride control, however there is no way to set it like on my 2005 V8 STS that had. I tried scrolling through the vehicle control settings to find the section for the magnetic ride control, but it wasn't there. I guess Cadillac is making a mistake on their website and on their window stickers. Someone should let them know.

For what it's worth, I do like the shock valving, compression and rebound on the STS-V shocks over the CTS-V.

SG
Yes, I have checked the website, and a few magazine articles that I have in my Portfolio like I have on all of my vehicles. I got under the car and I get under EVERY STS-V that comes into the shop...NONE OF THEM have magnetic shocks or ride control(automatic leveling) like my last 3 Caddys did.

I, too, agree the the shock tuning is just about right for spirited driving for a car like it is, but more would be needed if you were going racing. Personally, I would take my Firehawk to the track, not the V.

ewill3rd
04-24-07, 06:01 AM
Look at your SPID label, I think on STS it is in the trunk somewhere.
If it has RPO "F55" it has magnetic suspension.
Usually F55 is selectable, but as I said, they may have handed that job over to the computer.

Description from Service Manual:

Electronic Suspension Control Description
The Electronic Suspension Control system is a Magneto-Rheological Real Time Damping (MRRTD) system and independently controls the fluid viscosity in each strut and shock absorbers to control the vehicle ride characteristics.

The following are involved in the operation of the ESC system:

• Electronic suspension control module (ESCM)--Controls and detects failures in the ESC system. The ESCM controls the damping force at all 4 shock absorbers individually for a soft or firm ride. It receives inputs from vehicle speed, steering wheel position, suspension position, and lift/dive status to determine the amount of damper control to the shocks electrical coil.

• Front/rear suspension position sensors--The ESC module provides a 5-volt reference and low reference to all 4 of the body-to-wheel suspension position sensors. The sensors send the ESCM a signal voltage that is relative to the suspension ride height used to determine the amount of damper control. The sensors valid range is 0.35-4.75 volts.

• Front struts/rear shock absorbers have an internal electrical coil, and micron sized metal particles in the fluid.

• Vehicle speed--The ESCM receives a serial data message for vehicle speed input, and is used to determine the amount of damper control.

• Steering wheel position--The ESCM receives a serial data message for steering wheel position input and uses this as an indication of the position and rotation of the steering wheel to determine the amount of damper control.

The ESCM monitors the inputs from the front/rear suspension position sensors, vehicle speed, and steering wheel position. The ESCM calculates the inputs to control 0-100 percent of PWM current to the coil within each strut or shock, increasing the fluids viscosity by aligning the metal particles with each other. This increases or decreases the suspension damping force in both compression and rebound directions.

When the ESCM detects a malfunction and sets a DTC. The system disables, and defaults with a fail-soft action, then sends a serial data message for the Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) to display service suspension system and speed limited to 80 mph warning messages.

The ESC system uses an ignition cycling diagnostic approach in order to reduce the occurrence of false or intermittent DTCs that do not affect the functionality of the ESC system. This allows the fail-soft actions to be taken whenever a malfunction condition is current, but requires the malfunction to be current for 3 consecutive ignition on cycles before the corresponding malfunction code and message will be stored or displayed.

me_dimitri
04-24-07, 12:21 PM

MRR

Might want to check into a quick prescription for Midol MRR…
Aero clearly said it was just his opinion, didn’t seem to me that the venom was required.

Try switching from the thong panties to something more comfy, it may improve your day.

Dimitri
T.O.

MRR
04-24-07, 01:09 PM
Might want to check into a quick prescription for Midol MRR…
Aero clearly said it was just his opinion, didn’t seem to me that the venom was required.

Try switching from the thong panties to something more comfy, it may improve your day.

Dimitri
T.O.

Thanks for the advise. I must have ate the wrong thing or just had my head where it's not supposed to be.

Aero, please accept my apology.

MRR

TSteff
04-24-07, 02:07 PM
In a straight line run with both cars being 100% stock the STS will be faster in the 1/4 by about 3-4 cars. We have run them over 25 times and that is usually the average margin depending on who is sleeping on the line and if the CTS-V has clean shifts. I ran my vette that has good tires on the back, intake and tune against a STS-V with intake, exhaust and tune and it was fairly even. The V jumped out to a lead off the line because he could preload the car, the exhaust was pretty loud and hard to hear my car and I ran it too deep in 2. At the end of the 1/4 I beat him by a 1/2 of a fender. The car only had 1000 miles on it and will probably get faster with time.

Now a race with an 04 Duramax Diesel was a different story. The STS-V finally got by it at 130 which is well past the 1/4. Amazing how much power you can get out of those things.

We do notice a good increase in power with our custom tunes for the STS-V. The guy that writes them has put them on the dyno and saw around 17whp increase. Let me know if you are in the MN area and interested. We have done 2 or 3 now and all just love them

GM-4-LIFE
04-24-07, 03:09 PM
WillySTS,

Thanks for the info.

ewill3rd,

I will check my RPO label and see what it says. Cadillac needs to edit their site because it is misleading.

MRR,

No apology needed my friend. This is an open discussion forum and we all have different opinions, preferences and views. No biggie.

TSteff,

I agree with you 100%. The STS-V is awesome and is a very quick car for it's size and weight and being an automatic helps it even more because in a CTS-V it all comes down to who the driver is.

SG

Kadonny
04-24-07, 04:04 PM
in a CTS-V it all comes down to who the driver is.

SG

And how much wheel hop you get off the line :bouncy:

me_dimitri
04-24-07, 05:29 PM
Thanks for the advice. I must have ate the wrong thing or just had my head where it's not supposed to be.

Aero, please accept my apology.

MRR

In retrospect my "advice" was also less than helpful...

Enjoy your wheels and the emerging great weather.

Dimitri
T.O.

GM-4-LIFE
04-24-07, 05:37 PM
And how much wheel hop you get off the line :bouncy:

True, very true. The STS-V doesn't give me any wheel hop when launching the car.

I love my STS-V. Best all around GM vehicle I have ever owned!

SG

trukk
04-24-07, 07:10 PM
Aero,

While I may not agree with your reply to my post, I do appreciate the tone, and you not flamming. I certainly did not intend my post to be flamebait or a troll post. I sure hope it didn't come off as that.

:grouphug:

Regarding your other posts after that. Initially I thought, well maybe if your V had FE4's + RSA's then perhaps you could feel the STS-V 'felt' like it handled better, but it sounds like you had F1SC's on your's. People can poo-poo the the F1SC's all day in terms of longevity or ride quality. They can't however say anything negative about thier 'stickyness' or turn in, both are phenominal for a stock OEM tire.

Also regaring the 'it weights more, so it sticks better' comment, I'm not sure what to say about that one, so I'll :canttalk:

Anyway, we can agree to disagree on that one.

I'm not sure where you live, however I'm going to the Mazda Drivers HPDE event at VIR (virginia) June 16/17. If any of you haven't had the opportunity to take your car out on a world class road course, I'd recommend giving it a try. Over 200 Minutes of tracktime, on VIR Grand East (4.2 miles in length). I'd love to see an STS-V being thrown around this course.

Consider it, any and all, if interested.

-Chris

GM-4-LIFE
04-24-07, 09:47 PM
Aero,

While I may not agree with your reply to my post, I do appreciate the tone, and you not flamming. I certainly did not intend my post to be flamebait or a troll post. I sure hope it didn't come off as that.

:grouphug:

Regarding your other posts after that. Initially I thought, well maybe if your V had FE4's + RSA's then perhaps you could feel the STS-V 'felt' like it handled better, but it sounds like you had F1SC's on your's. People can poo-poo the the F1SC's all day in terms of longevity or ride quality. They can't however say anything negative about thier 'stickyness' or turn in, both are phenominal for a stock OEM tire.

Also regaring the 'it weights more, so it sticks better' comment, I'm not sure what to say about that one, so I'll :canttalk:

Anyway, we can agree to disagree on that one.

I'm not sure where you live, however I'm going to the Mazda Drivers HPDE event at VIR (virginia) June 16/17. If any of you haven't had the opportunity to take your car out on a world class road course, I'd recommend giving it a try. Over 200 Minutes of tracktime, on VIR Grand East (4.2 miles in length). I'd love to see an STS-V being thrown around this course.

Consider it, any and all, if interested.

-Chris

Chris,

I don't like flaming on any thread. We are all V automotive enthusiasts and I love to exchange ideas, etc. My CTS-V had RS-A run flats and the stock shocks, not the performance shock package so the handling was terrible and the car slid around like crazy which made me hate the handling. I did drive a 2005 CTS-V with the performance shocks and the F1SC tires and it did feel and handle much better, but my daily driver was not equipped as such.

To me the STS-V feels more solid and planted which to me feels like it does handle better than my CTS-V did. I know some will disagree and that is fine. To me, that is how my STS-V feels over my CTS-V.

I am in the Los Angeles area. I may want to take my STS-V to Buttonwillow or Willow Springs. I like Buttonwillow because it is more of a "technical" track instead of a high speed track and this allows the driver to test his/her skill instead of just a flat high speed track like Willow Springs.

SG

NC STS-V
04-25-07, 10:36 PM
People can poo-poo the the F1SC's all day in terms of longevity or ride quality. They can't however say anything negative about thier 'stickyness' or turn in, both are phenominal for a stock OEM tire.

I had a 2004 CTS-V before I got the STS-V and I totally agree about the F1SC's. I hated changing the tires every 6k miles, but I could never find another tire that offered the same dry weather performance, EMT or non-EMT. I think that has a lot to do with why I still feel like the CTS-V was more predictable and a better handling car when pushed. It sucked off the line and the cruising ride quality doesn't compare to the STS-V, but in my opinion I'd rather have the CTS-V for a high speed run through the twisties!

Chris - Where can I find more info about the event at VIR. I'm outside of Raleigh and probably only a couple hours away. I always said I'd like to take my CTS-V up there but never did. Maybe I'll get more comfortable with the handling of the STS-V after a couple of days of throwing it around VIR!

Ron

z06bigbird
04-29-07, 03:51 PM
I like the longer wheelbase. Lets not talk about the additional cost.

trukk
04-30-07, 04:27 PM
Chris - Where can I find more info about the event at VIR. I'm outside of Raleigh and probably only a couple hours away. I always said I'd like to take my CTS-V up there but never did. Maybe I'll get more comfortable with the handling of the STS-V after a couple of days of throwing it around VIR!

Ron

http://www.mazdadrivers.com/

I also have a thread going on about it over in the CTS-V forum, with a bit more info:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/104868-vir-june-16-17-a.html

I'd love to see an STS-V run. You'd be surprising the Sh!t outta people, that's for sure :D

If anyone else is interested, please post over in the CTS-V thread, as I don't come over to this forum all that often. It really is a blast, highly recommended, and a great value (about 2 bucks per minute of track time!) Also, there are all ages (pampers to depends), and makes (rental chevy lumia's to Ferrari F430's). Did I mention how amazingly fun it is ?

Hope to see you there,

Chris

trukk
05-15-07, 05:09 PM
http://www.mazdadrivers.com/

I also have a thread going on about it over in the CTS-V forum, with a bit more info:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/104868-vir-june-16-17-a.html

I'd love to see an STS-V run. You'd be surprising the Sh!t outta people, that's for sure :D

If anyone else is interested, please post over in the CTS-V thread, as I don't come over to this forum all that often. It really is a blast, highly recommended, and a great value (about 2 bucks per minute of track time!) Also, there are all ages (pampers to depends), and makes (rental chevy lumia's to Ferrari F430's). Did I mention how amazingly fun it is ?

Hope to see you there,

Chris

BUMP...TTT

The event is at 81% right now. If anyone is interested, consider signing up, its a great deal for track time at an awesome course.

-Chris

Silver Dollar
05-16-07, 11:07 AM
I love watching the geezers bash each other with their canes.

z06bigbird
05-16-07, 11:23 AM
STS is a rocket!!