: Its time... i want to sell my Brougham

1990CaddyBrougham
04-17-07, 11:42 PM
The performance of this Cadillac i have is boring me a little. (i know i know, its a cadillac, with a 5.0, how fast you wana go)
Well im gona sell mine come when find my replacement. I havent got my wire wheels on as im still waiting for my wide whites. Ill put them on in the mean time though.
So i want to sell my 90 Brougham. 91k miles. 307... white on tan cloth. runs really nice. I really shouldnt be making this thread, this car runs soo good for me. i know i will prob jinx myself. I put a new white top hat on her, new headliner. only mechanical thing was a radiatior. Oh and before you guys start jumpin on my rims, those wouldnt be sold with the car. These wire wheels are so nice. OoOoo man!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/towncar097/1990%20Brougham/Brougham4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/towncar097/c432_3.jpg

My replacement you ask? well it wont be a town car like a certain someone here got. I already had one of those, and actually have one right now, just 10 feet longer in the center :thumbsup:
This is what i want
90-92 Brougham (you can all breath again, im not ditching yahs)
HAS TO HAVES: 5.7, D'elegance
REALLLY REALLY WANT TO HAVE( but would go without) Moon roof. you can almost add that to the has to haves
Id also really like the phantom tops. Those a pimp. I want it in white. I want the seats to be velour. And it has to have under 85k miles. ill put my wires on. Oh and the other need, i want to get a wickid good deal on it. It will be my daily whip, though if its rust free southern car, id prob store in in the winters.

So yah. whata yah think?
I sold my 83 Coupe today... makin room and addin up the funds.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/towncar097/83%20Cadillac%20Coupe%20De%20Ville/Coupe11.jpg

And come the end of the summer. im going to sell my Limousine, and my 57 Chevy 4 door hard top, i want to buy a 59 Caddy.

So im on the Friggin HUNT! :)

Benzilla
04-17-07, 11:49 PM
I thought you were looking at a white on white one?

And what happened to the "90 special"?

Anyway, the moonroof is a pain in the ass. I had to replace my carpet pad because of a damn leak that came and went. The drain tubes get clogged and back up.

No such thing as a Phantom top, confused people trying to say Phaeton started that, just FYI.

creeker
04-17-07, 11:51 PM
I'm looking for a 90-92 myself,the ones that have the super plush seats,
pillow top and button pleated,are they an option or are they on the brougham de-elegance. The most agravating thing about reading ads is everyone calls them "fleetwood" broughams ,and if there isn't a picture you dont know for sure what they are, did you find this too?.

Benzilla
04-18-07, 12:00 AM
Pillow top seats are only on the d'Elegances. :)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-18-07, 12:04 AM
Good luck there, ya got some criteria that'll be damn hard to meet.

creeker
04-18-07, 12:24 AM
Pillow top seats are only on the d'Elegances. :)

Tnx for reply,are they standard on d'elegance in leather?.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-18-07, 12:46 AM
Tnx for reply,are they standard on d'elegance in leather?.

No, cloth was standard. I think the leather package was an additional $400-$500. Obviously, the leather examples are much more plentiful, but I'd personally prefer the cloth.

Benzilla
04-18-07, 01:10 AM
Yeah, I'd take the cloth too if I didn't have leather. They just look sooo cushy. I like how the fabric looks too. like velvet

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-18-07, 01:12 AM
Yeah, I'd take the cloth too if I didn't have leather. They just look sooo cushy. I like how the fabric looks too. like velvet

Ohhh and it feels like velvet! I'll have to show you my seats at the meet! If you don't know, I've got the cloth interior---the same cloth used in the Broughams!

Benzilla
04-18-07, 01:19 AM
Yeah I remember you have cloth. I love your Deville! lol. But I didn't know it was the same that was used in the old Broughams, I just thought it was like the newer Devilles.

a couple years ago I sat in a 1986 base Brougham with a deep red cloth interior. ohhh it was nice. I almost bought that instead of my '83 Coupe.

96Fleetwood
04-18-07, 09:00 AM
You want power, get a '94-96 Fleetwood.

I sold my 1991 Brougham with the 305 5.0 liter for my '96 Fleetwood :thumbsup:

I go on the dyno Saturday and am hoping for ~300hp to the rear wheels.

jayoldschool
04-18-07, 09:04 AM
My 81 coupe is a D'Elegance. It has blue velour. I prefer leather, so I just picked up a mint set of leather seats for it. My velours will be for sale once I get the car out. They are great with no rips.

creeker
04-18-07, 12:24 PM
My 81 coupe is a D'Elegance. It has blue velour. I prefer leather, so I just picked up a mint set of leather seats for it. My velours will be for sale once I get the car out. They are great with no rips.

I have a 80 cdv with cloth seats,I thought about putting in leather too,
pls. let us know how involved it was to install the new seats.Did you consider
changing door panels too?.

1990CaddyBrougham
04-18-07, 12:57 PM
I thought you were looking at a white on white one?

And what happened to the "90 special"?

Anyway, the moonroof is a pain in the ass. I had to replace my carpet pad because of a damn leak that came and went. The drain tubes get clogged and back up.

No such thing as a Phantom top, confused people trying to say Phaeton started that, just FYI.

The white on white is nice, but for me, would be way to hard to keep clean.

The 90 special (92) was shipped to California. It should have gotten there last thursday. I sold it for a quick $1000, not doing a thing to it. (i paid $200 as it was going in to the junk yard)
The coupe i sold for 1200 which i picked up for $300, asn spent a weekend cleaning, if you all remember.

I know im looking for a tough to find car. I have looked at a few recently. One being a 90 white delegance, with cloth, up in NH. it was the 307, but had 37 grand on the meter. Left quarter was hit good. 1200 i passed.
Looked at what i thought was gona be it, a 92, wiht the 5.7 delegance, wire wheels, whide whites, 98k. Also a white car. Thought the underside was ROUGH!!! i past on that too, at $500. Though i may call the guy up and try to snag it as a parts car for 2-300.
Looked at a 90 this weekend. Sopose to be FLA. car, whire wheels, moon roof, 307, 92k, white on white. Though it was a base model, piant was well faided, top was shit, and the car had more rust then mine. I passed on that at 1500.

I could live with leather. My car had the base cloth seats, but i have since added the cloth delegace seats i got out of a parts car. They arent in as good of shape, and have 2wice the miles on them, but are OHHH SO COOMMFY.....

as far as a 93-96. Idk. id def drive one, but the 90-92 is me, it has more chrome,,, ect.. More a vintage feel. Id def take a black one though, with heated cloth seeats :)

caddycruiser
04-18-07, 02:20 PM
Given how you seem to fall on these cars so much, hopefully it won't be too hard to find one.

Why even bother looking at other 307 slow-mo's, if I do ask myself? You already have that, and in a great car, so I thought the key focus was a '90-92 F.I. 350 car (or even a F.I. 305). Those take time to find, but I would think it's kind of a waste to be looking at more 307's when that part alone is the key in wanting something new.

90Brougham350
04-18-07, 02:58 PM
Well, whatever you decide to do, find another parts car and sell me a rust-free rear bumper!

Motorboat
04-18-07, 06:22 PM
You want power, get a '94-96 Fleetwood.

I sold my 1991 Brougham with the 305 5.0 liter for my '96 Fleetwood :thumbsup:

I go on the dyno Saturday and am hoping for ~300hp to the rear wheels.

Getting 300 hp to the ground from a 5.7 without internal mods is impossible.

creeker
04-18-07, 06:29 PM
I have a 80 cdv with cloth seats,I thought about putting in leather too,
pls. let us know how involved it was to install the new seats.Did you consider
changing door panels too?.

I just assumed that a factory car fitted with leather seats would also have leather or vinyl door panels,I've never seen a 80's deville with leather seats,are the door panels different?.

codewize
04-18-07, 07:41 PM
SO what do you want for the Brougham?

jayoldschool
04-18-07, 10:37 PM
Getting 300 hp to the ground from a 5.7 without internal mods is impossible.

He has an LT1, which you obviously don't know much about:tisk:

About my door panels - I would prefer the non-velour, but I don't think it is a "must-change" for me. I'll post lots of pics when I do it. Did I mention the new seats are white?:thumbsup:

90Brougham350
04-18-07, 11:17 PM
40 HP from external mods is very doable.

1990CaddyBrougham
04-18-07, 11:26 PM
Only reason i looked at the other 307s is beacasue of teh price. Id never buy to own and drive. but to buy and fix up asn sell or part id get a 307.

But it has to be a 350 for me to drive.

As far as what im going to ask for mine, im not sure pal. I have to get a replacemt first. Plus i need somethign to keep these wire wheels warm while i look :)

Motorboat
04-19-07, 08:55 AM
He has an LT1, which you obviously don't know much about:tisk:

About my door panels - I would prefer the non-velour, but I don't think it is a "must-change" for me. I'll post lots of pics when I do it. Did I mention the new seats are white?:thumbsup:

You said to the ground. I stand by my statement. Really don't want to start an argument but I'm will to apologize when you post the dyno sheet.

96Fleetwood
04-19-07, 09:13 AM
Wow, you guys are way too sensitive... I said *hope* to hit 300hp to the rear wheels. Read into it all you want.....

Funny how from that statement this petty argument arose, got to love the internet. :want:

Anyways back to this thread!

Get a 1993 Fleetwood Brougham with the L05 5.7 liter. It will combine the best of both worlds.

90Brougham350
04-19-07, 09:17 AM
Personally I would have to get an LT-1 Fleetwood if I was going to the trouble of finding a last-generation, the LO5 is a great motor by itself but it pales in comparison to its younger brother.

jayoldschool
04-19-07, 11:35 AM
lol... no one's fighting. We are Cadillac owners - we are civilized! :)

Yes, the LT1 is rated at 260 HP Net at the crank. They dyno, stock, around 225 RWHP. There will be a difference between a Dynojet and Mustang dyno, however. I suppose the difference will come down to what is considered "internal mods" - many would say 1.6 roller rockers and springs would be internal, many would say "bolt-on". I still say that 300 at the wheels is achievable with bolt-ons. Unfortunately, the Impala SS forum is down at the moment, so it will take some digging to back it up.

If anyone wants to donate, I will put my car on the dyno. It is a 1995 Impala SS. Stock engine, K&N FIPK, AS&M headers, custom PCM programming, T56 six speed, 4.10 gears:thumbsup:

Motorboat
04-19-07, 04:21 PM
Jay, your T-56 does not have the parasitic drain that the auto does. You are very close to 300 by five or 10 either way. Are you familiar with Desktop Dyno?

jayoldschool
04-19-07, 08:22 PM
Jay, your T-56 does not have the parasitic drain that the auto does. You are very close to 300 by five or 10 either way. Are you familiar with Desktop Dyno?

Yes, but I don't have it. If someone wants to run my combo (both with the T56 and the 4L60) it would be interesting to see how it turns out...

1990CaddyBrougham
04-21-07, 11:10 PM
Just got back from Spring Carlisle (www.carsatcarlisle.com) After 7 hours of driving and like 500 what is the first thing i do? Obv wash the Cadillac. My mother has been driving it for the past couple days, as we took her town car.

While down there I saw 4 90-92 Broughams. All over priced. None having a 5.7

I did however get some white walls for the wire wheels. After waiting a few weeks for the guy benzila hooked me up with to not call me back and not know when his next shippement was comming in i broke down and paid 85 a tire (for the same ones, deminsion 4's) with tax and all that bs it came to liek $40 more, but now i got em and they are gona get mounted this week.

Im still looking. Threre is a white 90 on ebay up in nh, wiht a 5.7, but its a reg brougham.

So im still on the prowel. In the mean time the wires are going on, and i will probably repaint it sometime this summer.