: My search is over - I Found my Brougham!

EndlessRyd
04-17-07, 09:51 PM
Hey All... If you remember... I posted a while back that I was looking for a 85-92 Brougham. Well, It took a ton of searching, and a 7 hour road trip to pick it up, but I AM NOW A CADILLAC OWNER!!! I found a 1988 Caddillac Brougham in Tennessee. Its been in the same family since brand new. The couple I bought it from were very nice. It has a little over 70K miles on it, no rust, dents, scratches, leather in perfect shape. Its white with bright white leather interior. It has actual painted blue pinstripes. The best part is that everything works!! The car literally just needed 2 tires, and an oil change. I drove it from Tennessee to Illinois with no problems. It was on the outside however, filthy. I scrubbed it really well for hours yesterday... I got it pretty clean. Today I spent a few hours just detail cleaning the grill and front bumper, getting it damn near perfect. It really needs a coat or 2 of wax. When I get the car in better shape, I will post some pics. I absolutley love driving it. On the way home I was past up by a gray Brougham.. maybe a 91 or 92, but he made sure to give me a nod as he past me. Its a great car, and cant wait to make it better. If anyone knows a good cleaning solution for getting the once-white seatbelts clean... please pass it along. That is the only thing I can find wrong with the interior, and would like to get them cleaned up. Thanks!
Mike

90Brougham350
04-17-07, 10:09 PM
Congrats!

:postpics:

EndlessRyd
04-17-07, 10:27 PM
I promise Pics are on the way... I dont have a digital camera, so I will have to borrow one from a friend. Like I said, I would like to get it all polished up. I was kind of worried about the front bumper because it had a couple of stains that looked as if rust might be forming, but after working on it for a bit today... it looks like it just left the showroom. I wish it was warmer here in the evenings to at least do a bit each day after work. I WILL post pics though! As I really enjoy looking at everyone elses cars!!

Benzilla
04-17-07, 10:41 PM
Congratulations! Don't 'ya love that fresh caddy feel?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-17-07, 11:48 PM
My first Cadillac love (lust perhaps) was a triple navy blue '87 Brougham.

jayoldschool
04-18-07, 08:10 AM
To clean the seat belts properly, take them out (it is not hard). Use dish detergent (excellent at removing grease/oil from things, and that is what is on the belts - oil from people's hands). Use a three bucket system: first with detergent gets most of the dirt, next with detergent scrubs them clean, last is to rinse. Rinse after under hose spray. Use a short bristle stiff nylon brush to scrub. You can remove the belts from the retractors to do this as well. I can't link you to pics, because the Impala SS forum is down right now, but you have to unroll the belt, remove the pin that holds the belt to the retractor (but you can't let the retractor wind back up again).

96Fleetwood
04-18-07, 09:47 AM
Congrats!

What part of Illinois are you from?

You should come out to this meeting next week:

http://www.westofthelakeclc.com/

EndlessRyd
04-18-07, 08:31 PM
I live in the Steger/Crete area... Its about 1/2 way between Chicago and Kankakee. I looked at the website and will probably join, but I have to work every Saturday until about 2pm. Im not too sure where Lombard is, I live in Illinois but Im not too familiar with the Chicago area, as I have only been to the city a couple times. My other vehicle is a huge Chevy pickup, and its not exactly city friendly when it comes to narrow streets and parking. Between the Cadillac and the Chevy, I should just sign my paychecks over to BP/Amaco! They use a ton of gas, but I wouldnt trade either of them for anything! Thanks for telling me about the website. It sounds cool.

Old Fleetwood
04-18-07, 10:46 PM
Welcome to the group! :thumbsup:
If you look around you'll find all sorts of good stuff for your new baby on this site. I know I did.
- - - and good luck with the "new" Cadillac :bouncy:

z06bigbird
04-18-07, 10:49 PM
Neat car.

mharker
04-19-07, 09:50 PM
To clean the seat belts properly, take them out (it is not hard). Use dish detergent (excellent at removing grease/oil from things, and that is what is on the belts - oil from people's hands). Use a three bucket system: first with detergent gets most of the dirt, next with detergent scrubs them clean, last is to rinse. Rinse after under hose spray. Use a short bristle stiff nylon brush to scrub. You can remove the belts from the retractors to do this as well. I can't link you to pics, because the Impala SS forum is down right now, but you have to unroll the belt, remove the pin that holds the belt to the retractor (but you can't let the retractor wind back up again).

Jay you are a freakin' detalin' guru!