: SRX Spoiler added

Nascarcamper
04-17-07, 03:42 PM
Anybody else have one of these? I found a great deal on eBay and really like the added look i gave.

MortnCyn
04-17-07, 04:03 PM
Do not have one but have thought about it. I had asked in 2004 if anyone had a spoiler and did it make any difference in the amount of water/dirt that collects on the rear window in the rain. Have always noticed on cold days when you can see your exhaust that the exhaust comes right up the back window. Would think that the spoiler would change the air flow over the rear of the car.

tonygxp
04-17-07, 07:20 PM
I thought about it as well but decided against it going the more "traditional Cadillac" look, chrome wheels, grill, didn't think that the wing matched it well... take some more pics of it from further back..Thanks

john d
04-17-07, 07:24 PM
Do we have any aero enginners watching/ Seems this spoiler would worsen the updraft over the back window..vs. a wing type downward air current deflector.
Comments..thoughts...swag's

z32drifter
04-17-07, 09:38 PM
I like it, it's one of those things most people wouldn't notice unless they were looking for it. It would be a good mod for my wifes SRX, I doubt she would ever notice. I doubt it will help keep the rear glass clean, I know the design that works for that and it would be ugly on a SRX.

tonygxp
04-17-07, 09:44 PM
are your rear windows "non-privacy" glass?

garymda
04-17-07, 10:24 PM
Yes please more feedback on this. the SRX needs something to help keep the back window clean

Nascarcamper
04-18-07, 08:12 AM
E&G Mesh grille coming today, UPS willing. Have not had enough road time yet to see if it helps with the rear window keeping cleaner, but then again I have only had my SRX a week or two so I don't have enough road time to judge yet. My rear glass does not seem to be as dark as some I have seen, so I would venture a guess that I don't have the privacy glass... yet! I do like the pictures of your SRX Tony with the chrome wheels and grill. Let's see wht the future holds... it's NASCAR season and camping season, I will spend more time on the road with the Dodge Cummins and 5th wheel Suite.

TSS
04-18-07, 08:28 AM
I like it. How much did you pay including color matching?

f117rt
04-18-07, 09:26 AM
I bought one too.

Did you drill the holes from inside the hatch and use the provided screws?

Any problems during the installation?

Thanks.

Nascarcamper
04-18-07, 06:05 PM
It was on eBay for $40.00 or $50.00 plus $18.00 shipping and it came color matched (good job too). NO I did not use the screws provided, I put two more strips of 3M double sided trim tape on the whole length, lined it up and stuck it down, I can push up on it and lift the rear of the vehicle two inches, I don't think it is going anywhere. I drove it today in a lite mist of rain, enough I had to use my wipers, when I pulled into the garage I checked the rear window, and it was still clean and dry. So I don't know if it altered the rear air flow, but there was nothing on my rear window. Now just need to work on the E&G Grille, it arrived today, now I know why it was so cheap on eBay, it does not fit, one side of the box says SRX and the other side says CTS... guess which one it was...CTS of course. I may be selling a CTS grille here soon, only the upper, no lower half and no hardware were included, like I said it was cheap!!!:thepan:

tonygxp
04-19-07, 08:01 AM
It was on eBay for $40.00 or $50.00 plus $18.00 shipping and it came color matched (good job too). NO I did not use the screws provided, I put two more strips of 3M double sided trim tape on the whole length, lined it up and stuck it down, I can push up on it and lift the rear of the vehicle two inches, I don't think it is going anywhere. I drove it today in a lite mist of rain, enough I had to use my wipers, when I pulled into the garage I checked the rear window, and it was still clean and dry. So I don't know if it altered the rear air flow, but there was nothing on my rear window. Now just need to work on the E&G Grille, it arrived today, now I know why it was so cheap on eBay, it does not fit, one side of the box says SRX and the other side says CTS... guess which one it was...CTS of course. I may be selling a CTS grille here soon, only the upper, no lower half and no hardware were included, like I said it was cheap!!!:thepan:

sorry to hear about the grill, if it helps before I bought my Dual Weave brand new I bought the lower E&G Classic mesh grill and have it here, I never even opened the box. If you can get the proper upper grill I can sell you this one for what I paid for it ($45), I believe brand new from a retailer it's probably more than $100.. let me know, I am in no rush to get rid of it, just hope the wifey feels the same way (she LOVES to throw things out)...

PM me if you want it I'll email you a pic

as for the rear window"staying dry" I think the design of those "rear air deflectors" is to redirect air flow DOWN the window forcing dirt, exhaust moisture, etc. away from the car/truck, I think your spolier won't help with the dirt much, but it looks nice and at least yours (like mine) will be distinguishable from the rest on the road (plus you didn't have to paint it, which must of felt good when you opened the box and matched it up! lol)

garymda
04-20-07, 01:07 AM
do you have the ebay sellers contact or store for this item. cant find it on ebay now. thks

MortnCyn
04-20-07, 07:39 AM
http://www.voguetyre.com/products/accessories/full.cfm?Page=2&ProductID=0000000621
Vogue shows spoiler. Not sure what they mean by version 1 and 2. As I recall they sell only through Cadillac dealers.

Nascarcamper
04-20-07, 08:45 PM
Here's the link, the seller's name is Sportwing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CADILLAC-SRX-Spoiler-Wing-2004-2005-2006-2007_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33638QQihZ015QQite mZ250105394434QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Nascarcamper
04-26-07, 06:28 PM
Rained pretty good here today.... rear window still gets pretty messy when the roads are real wet. Ohh well, no improvement but I still like the way it looks.:thumbsup:

z06bigbird
05-03-07, 11:18 AM
Helps keep traction when doing 200 mph.

BMBLBEE
06-08-07, 07:39 PM
I bought one of these and it arrived today. Wife took one look at it sitting on her SRX and said "No way you're going to install that on MY car!":tisk:

Now for sale - make me an offer - dark tarnished silver. I paid $40 plus $18.95 shipping and the buggers at UPS chrged me $32 in brokerage fees to get it into Canada.:mad:

NipRing
03-16-14, 01:21 PM
I just came across an image of this wing on google. I like it, but E&G seems to have stopped making it. There is only one seller on ebay with a price of $269 :helpless:

Professor Wizard
03-20-14, 06:34 PM
From $40 to $269!

See what you guys did?

you bought a couple of them, and now the maker suddenly thinks they are valuable! Supply and Demand.

Now, we will have to wait another 5 years for the price to drop back to $40 again! :)

repnatl
03-20-14, 11:09 PM
Personally think it's very ricey and tacky ruins the looks up the truck and looks cheap. But to each his own. If you like it that's all that matters.

NipRing
03-21-14, 06:58 PM
Personally think it's very ricey and tacky ruins the looks up the truck and looks cheap. But to each his own. If you like it that's all that matters.

I think it'd go well with the sport body. But I'm not paying the 270!

repnatl
03-23-14, 11:18 AM
I think it'd go well with the sport body. But I'm not paying the 270!

I'd rather spend the extra grand and convert mine to the sport bumpers and grills.

NipRing
03-23-14, 11:41 AM
There is a guy local to me that is advertising an unused E&G body kit on craigslist. Already painted black too. But I don't know think it'd work on my sport package 07. But if it did I think it would look ok.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/pts/4373689126.html

rlh6805
03-25-14, 10:56 PM
There is a guy local to me that is advertising an unused E&G body kit on craigslist. Already painted black too. But I don't know think it'd work on my sport package 07. But if it did I think it would look ok.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/pts/4373689126.html

Not sure why you'd want it if you already have the sport package. I think this was made for the base models to make them look more like the factory sport.