: Stainless Fuel Rail Schrader Valve Size

Aurora By Olds
04-17-07, 10:32 AM
Does anyone know what size the the schrader valve is on the new stainless fuel rails that were put in under the recall? I just had my trans hacked apart for 8 months by AAMCO, and now I'm having hard starting/missfire issues.
I have the standard GM Actron tester, but it does not fit the schrader valve on the new style rail. Anyone know of an adaptor or a brand of tester that fits this valve?

eldorado1
04-17-07, 10:39 AM
?

It's the same size as it was before.... and always has been..... and always will be.....

Any standard fuel pressure gauge will fit. I think mine cost me $50 at autozone or advance....

Ranger
04-17-07, 10:46 AM
Eldorado1 is correct. Most gauges come with adapters to fit those that have different sizes (Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, etc). Perhaps you have one for a different make on your gauge. It should be the same size as an R12 A/C gauge and I believe the same size as the valve on your tires.

Aurora By Olds
04-17-07, 11:47 AM
Eldorado1 is correct. Most gauges come with adapters to fit those that have different sizes (Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, etc). Perhaps you have one for a different make on your gauge. It should be the same size as an R12 A/C gauge and I believe the same size as the valve on your tires.

Thats odd...
I have one that used to fit my GM 3800, 3100's, 4.3, etc, but it seems to be too large to fit on the stainless rail schrader valve.

Aurora By Olds
04-17-07, 11:57 AM
I just ran out and tried it again, just to confirm. The coupling on the tester slides over the threads on the schrader valve, almost like it is one size too large. I also have the adaptor that you splice into the line of the old TBI systems, and the scrader valve on that has threads that appear larger than those on my stainless rail. I'm confused here.....

eldorado1
04-17-07, 12:05 PM
rent a gauge from autozone... it's free if you return it

Ranger
04-17-07, 09:21 PM
Maybe it is me who is confused. I though they were the same size. I'd make or buy an adapter.

Aurora By Olds
04-17-07, 11:10 PM
unless mine for some reason used to have an adaptor that mysteriously disappeared when someone used it last and I don't remember. I'll have to try it on my yukon tomorrow.

Aurora By Olds
04-19-07, 09:27 AM
Alright, my bad. Apparantly mine uses an adaptor, and the last time I lent out my guage it disappeared. Sorry for the confusion...