: Another CTS-V guy thinking about a STS-V

Z06CTSV
04-16-07, 09:18 PM
I went to Lexus, MB, BMW, Audi, Infiniti. And I keep coming back to the STS-V. As I've read in many threads, I'm sick of shifting. :crybaby: I would assume that the STS is quieter, has a nicer ride, and more bells and whistles. I may wait for the 2008, the HUD sounds great. I have about 8000 miles left on my CTS-V warranty.

Does anyone regret going to the STS-V from the CTS-V or anything else?

Thanks......... :highfive:

z06bigbird
04-16-07, 09:50 PM
I vote for a red one.

Ed

NC STS-V
04-17-07, 12:20 AM
I traded my '04 CTS-V in for an '07 STS-V back in February and haven't looked back since. I am extremely happy with the car. The only negatives so far are:

1) I miss the engine noise of the CTS-V. Most people would view this as a positive for the STS-V, but at times it is too quiet for my taste.

2) I miss the manual tranny every once in a while. I think once I get more used to the automatic and applying power at the right time this will be less of an issue.

3) The handling of the CTS-V was definitely better. The CTS-V was very predictable. The STS-V definitely handles fewer lateral G's and so far doesn't seem as predictable. I think some of this has to do with learning how much power to apply and when while cornering. I'm still getting used to how much bigger the STS-V feels (which obviously it is).

Having said that, the upgraded interior, bluetooth, touch screen NAV, etc more than make up for the issues above.

If you like the CTS-V but are tired of shifting and don't push the handling limits of the CTS-V, you'll love the STS-V.

Ron

CadV
04-17-07, 12:54 AM
I went to Lexus, MB, BMW, Audi, Infiniti. And I keep coming back to the STS-V. As I've read in many threads, I'm sick of shifting. :crybaby: I would assume that the STS is quieter, has a nicer ride, and more bells and whistles. I may wait for the 2008, the HUD sounds great. I have about 8000 miles left on my CTS-V warranty.

I would never go back to the CTS-V after getting a STS-V. The technology in the car is amazing. Bluetooth, touch screen nav, mp3, dts / dolby digital, no key and push button start, senses the fob when you open the door, locks the doors automatically.

First mod is to get your computer tuned. Turns the STS-V into a beast and there is no wheel hop wink wink :)

At around 120mph the SC really kicks in :). GM must turn all the restrictions off at that speed.

The STS-V is unique. I have only seen 1 of them in DFW. The other cars are a dime a dozen.

MRR
04-17-07, 09:02 AM
I loved my 2004 CTS-V, but it is no match for the STS-V. The CTS was a lot of fun to drive. When I had mine, no one knew anything about them. It was a real sleeper. You will not regrat going to an STS-V.

MRR

Kadonny
04-17-07, 10:25 AM
Traded my 06 CTS-V for the STS-V last December. I have not looked back since. At times I miss the Corsa on the CTS-V, but the car is just too refined to make it louder.

Z06CTSV
04-17-07, 11:24 AM
Thanks.....

I'll wait to see the Audi S5, but like I mentioned before I always come back to the STS-V. I just need to check the order date for the 2008 STS-V. I do like the HUD, especially if they run the Nav through the HUD (like my Z).

Thanks Again.....

Davidstan
04-17-07, 01:55 PM
Same as above and i echo the engine sound comment. I just wish it was a little throatier. Much smoother car all the way around. I loved my cts v but got weary of shifting like you. Power is awesome and cant wait to get the vector tune next month.

Krug Ford
04-17-07, 03:08 PM
The STS-V is a great car there is 0% on them if you are looking to get into one.

thefred
04-17-07, 04:35 PM
Well, I skipped the manual shift altogether. I traded my CTS for the STS-V and am thrilled about it. I might have like a little more sound as well, but if I really want it, I guess I could get it. Like any car or any woman, as great as it is, it isn't perfect. But, I would't give it back either! Get the STS-V. You won't be sorry!

Davidstan
04-17-07, 06:49 PM
Friend at work purchased the MB cls 550 4 door coupe. Has 370 hp but really does nothing for me style wise. He said the 07 were going for 3,000 below sticker and i think it was in the high 70's. Perf wise does not stack up IMO.

Falkolade
04-17-07, 08:12 PM
I think now would be the worst time to buy and sts-v. In the summer the new body style is dropping, and this one will be obsolete... i looked at the sts v when it came out, but i just dont think i could live without the manual.

Z06CTSV
04-17-07, 10:58 PM
Hi all,

Thanks for all the info and suggestions. I've been doing some research on the STS V and I can't find if it has a digital speedo, like the CTS V. Does it? I'm used to my CTS V's digital speedo.

Thanks again...

WillySTS
04-17-07, 11:15 PM
Hi all,

Thanks for all the info and suggestions. I've been doing some research on the STS V and I can't find if it has a digital speedo, like the CTS V. Does it? I'm used to my CTS V's digital speedo.

Thanks again...

Yes, it does. It's in the the DIC but it's smaller than the CTS-V's version.

CadV
04-18-07, 12:02 AM
Thanks.....

I'll wait to see the Audi S5, but like I mentioned before I always come back to the STS-V. I just need to check the order date for the 2008 STS-V. I do like the HUD, especially if they run the Nav through the HUD (like my Z).

Thanks Again.....

Audi S5? Overpriced underperforming cars in my opinion.

CadV
04-18-07, 12:04 AM
Hi all,

Thanks again...

http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/users/2wngCy8FGHo2/__sr_/ee56.jpg?phgPbJGBxkqab1_k

Digital speedo is under the RPM and MPH gauges

Kadonny
04-18-07, 08:18 AM
I think now would be the worst time to buy and sts-v. In the summer the new body style is dropping, and this one will be obsolete... i looked at the sts v when it came out, but i just dont think i could live without the manual.

This is a GREAT time to buy a STS-V. Have you seen the "new" body style? It ain't much different than the "old" body style.

Falkolade
04-18-07, 10:32 AM
This is a GREAT time to buy a STS-V. Have you seen the "new" body style? It ain't much different than the "old" body style.

I agree with you, if you want to have an obsolete body style this is an excellent time to buy...

I think this has a lot to do with personal preferance... I like to buy my cars right when the body style comes out... 1. the price drops way off when a newer style comes out (but anyone thats buyinga an sts-v isn't doing so for value to begin with). 2. i just don't like to have the previous models body style... the car doesn't have the same affect when its the "old" style

bobs-sts-v
04-18-07, 12:49 PM
Personally, I prefer the '06-'07 body style to the new one. The chrome side vents look cheap and trashy, and the front end has lost some of its aggressive look. My neighbor (the race car guy) agreed completely, and said if the changes aren't well received, the current model may be more in demand. Only time will tell if the features added out-weigh the styling changes. While I wouldn't mind having some of the new features (lane change assist, HUD, etc.), I really don't think I could justify trading "up" for something that really does't appeal to me as much as what I have. Now if someone could give me the winning lotto numbers, I might go and grab that S65!

Bob

Z06CTSV
04-18-07, 02:15 PM
Personally, I prefer the '06-'07 body style to the new one. The chrome side vents look cheap and trashy, and the front end has lost some of its aggressive look. My neighbor (the race car guy) agreed completely, and said if the changes aren't well received, the current model may be more in demand. Only time will tell if the features added out-weigh the styling changes. While I wouldn't mind having some of the new features (lane change assist, HUD, etc.), I really don't think I could justify trading "up" for something that really does't appeal to me as much as what I have. Now if someone could give me the winning lotto numbers, I might go and grab that S65!

Bob

I agree.... I'm waiting till I see the STS V styling to decide. I'm not crazy about the new bling styling. Like I said I still have a few months to decide and research. Thanks....

GM-4-LIFE
04-19-07, 05:01 PM

Get the STS-V and you won't be sorry! I went from the CTS-V to the STS-V and I love every part of the STS-V. Best decision I ever made! Just drive the STS-V and you will drive one home.

SG