: 07 D/S Mirror Vibration

jaycough
04-16-07, 01:42 PM
Mirror still vibrates even after fix. Showed dealer excessive play with mirror, said normal, even others on lot do not do. While I fix my windnoise which they said they fixed, I want to do adjust the mirror face attachments springs. Can someone attach a PDF of TSB as well as instructions how to remove mirror face (not the same as my 2004. thanks

gforceext
04-16-07, 03:07 PM
mine vibrates also.

hcvone
04-16-07, 03:20 PM
Mine made some movment until I had my tires road force balanced, now none

jaycough
04-16-07, 06:54 PM
Mine made some movment until I had my tires road force balanced, now none

yep, that's another problem, at 75 mph, dealer says over speed limit and won't fix. Dealer sucks (VAL WARD FORT MYERS), next close one is 45 miles.

Had Phantom wipe, 3 visits, got fixed when I said not going anywhere until they could explain information on GM Service Website.

DLH
04-22-07, 09:19 AM
Mirror still vibrates even after fix. Showed dealer excessive play with mirror, said normal, even others on lot do not do. While I fix my windnoise which they said they fixed, I want to do adjust the mirror face attachments springs. Can someone attach a PDF of TSB as well as instructions how to remove mirror face (not the same as my 2004. thanks

I have the exact same problem with my DS mirror and am told the tech cannot see the vibration. I suppose they are more focused on the lag in the transmission and whether they will get run over when they pull into traffic..The vibration is VERY annoying on long trips. I was told the last time that if they cannot detect the vibration then a goodwill exchange will be done. Stay with it cos you and I are not crazy!

AWF_AXIS
04-22-07, 09:58 AM
You'll get used to it after a while. I no longer notice it, since I can no longer focus on anything without glasses...

Dave

DLH
04-22-07, 02:30 PM
You'll get used to it after a while. I no longer notice it, since I can no longer focus on anything without glasses...

Dave

NO WAY! Especially, having paid what I did.:want:

jayzlade
04-22-07, 02:35 PM
What kind of noise is it? Mine is making a rattling noise also. I think it is from the d/s door. When I turn off my radio you could hear some sort of rattle coming from the d/s door or mirror. Its my first caddy, you would think a 60 -70 dollar truck would be built better. Mine has all kinds of rattles and lose fitting interior parts. My escalade has only 2500 miles on it. My 05 meredes has 40000 miles, 19'' rims and lowered and not one single rattle. Anyone having same issues? Should i take it bake to the dealer? O one more thing when I start my truck in the mornning or when its been sitting for a while it makes some kind of pinging noise, its kind of loud. My friend thought it was diesal.

cadymon
04-22-07, 03:07 PM
i did notice the the mirror shaking a bit and wind noise coming from the driverside door too.

jaycough
04-23-07, 10:39 PM
I have a rattle also, haven't had time to figure whether l/f or l/r door. also in AM have noise that goes away after 1/2 mile. sounds like knock, etc....

right now the freaking mirror and wind noise drivimg me crazy

jayzlade
04-24-07, 03:20 PM
Let me know if you find out what the rattling is. Are you going to bring it back to the dealer for the engine noise?

Dwhoelse
09-01-07, 03:51 PM
Those of you hearing a rattle coming from your door may want to check the wood trim (if installed). I thought I had a blown speaker but the sound could also be heard when the radio was off. After listening carefully, it was coming from directly behind the wood trim, and when pressed, the rattle went away. I haven't figured out a solution yet so if anyone else has solved this, please post.