: How many times to replace NAV Unit

crazyfast
04-16-07, 01:37 PM
How many times will GM let you replace the NAV unit for flaking paint. My dealership tells me that GM policy is to only allow one replacement and since they have already replaced mine once, they can't do it again. Is this true??

Lindsay Cadillac
04-16-07, 08:17 PM
We don't replace the entire unit for flaking paint on the buttons. The buttons can be ordered separately from the radio itself so we just replace the buttons.

crazyfast
04-16-07, 08:51 PM
Yeah, you guys do it the right way but my Service Advisor told me they couldn't do that even after I mentioned that you guys do. Are you aware of a GM policy that states that the whole unit can only be replaced once??

Lindsay Cadillac
04-16-07, 08:56 PM
There is nothing in writing that I am aware of stating that...

crazyfast
04-16-07, 10:34 PM
Thank You. I appreciate your help.

nxlr8
04-19-07, 03:26 PM
The service guy at my Caddi dealer said that it takes longer to swap the buttons and GM won't pay them for the time... or something like that...

Didn't bother me... it's going to get fixed one way or another under warranty for me... don't understand why a dealership won't try to save a buck if they can...

ewill3rd
04-20-07, 06:34 AM
Some people are intimidated by disassembly of the radio unit.
There are some really tiny screws and if you handle it wrong all the buttons can fall out and then you have a real mess.
It honestly doesn't take much longer, GM will pay for it if you know how to submit the claim. It usually involves getting approval from the area manager for the extra time.
It is pennies compared to the cost of a replacement unit.