: '07 lowering options, suspension warning

07 D lux
04-14-07, 05:29 PM
I lowered my '07 ESV with Eibach springs (2/3), the ride is ok but I like the way it sits most of all. Was wondering if anyone has any info or suggestions to maintain the factory ride (as close as possible) while running 24's or 26's and lowered. Do spindles provide the best ride? or bags? or springs? I was also concerned about how low these options are, I dont want my truck lowered 5"or 6" Maybe some of you have had good or bad experience with this and can shed some light?
Me personally-Being lowered 2/3 with Eibach is ok but i would change to Mcnauty? spindles or bag it if that would give me even a better ride

I have also been getting a panel warning "service suspension system" is that typical with lowering?:confused:

nhernandez1616
04-15-07, 10:06 AM
I wouldn't bag it. I have an Infinit bagged and it looks unbelievable but i cant drive it anywhere, i have to wonder what the roads will be like. Its a HORRIBLE ride. I dont know if i will ever bag a car again, you can just feel your car wanting to fall apart ever time you hit a decent size bump.

I have seen some classics that are bagged and the owners say they have "smooth" rides but i haven't been in a smooth riding air ride car or truck yet. If theirs is "smooth" then they must have a totally different setup than i did.

Good luck with the upgrade.

gforceext
04-15-07, 09:15 PM
I just finished the 2/3 Mcgoughy spindle and spring instal. It rides pretty good with 26's. The spindles in my opinion are the best way to lower the front suspention. The factory geometry stays the same when you use the spindles. Lowered springs are allways going to be a bit more ridgid then the stock mushy springs. When you go any lower then the 2/3 drop you really sacrifice ride quality.

07 D lux
04-16-07, 11:59 AM
Thanks. thats good info:thumbsup: , what year is your truck? Who did the work? I was looking into the spindles this weekend but havent found a tuner that has work on any escalades.

gforceext
04-16-07, 03:10 PM
I did it myself. It took about five hours. four hours for the front an hour for the back

07 D lux
04-17-07, 02:58 PM
Spoke with Mcgoughy's today and they reffered me to Billet Specialties in Anahiem CA. So I have scheduled an appt. to remove the eihbach springs and install the complete spindle system from McGoughy's which includes spindles, springs, shock extenders and a air control system modification. The Eibach is ok but I'm looking for as close to stock ride as possible. Susan of McGoughy's was very helpfull over there. If your OK with the ride and any of you out there want the eibach system I will sell it for $100.00 plus shipping
Thanks for the feedback.

tire rack ad:
Eibach Pro-Kit Spring Set for your 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV AWD

Front and Rear fitment
Ride Height: Extreme Lowering
Note: Avg low 2.0"F, 2.0"R
For Models WITH Air Susp. Lowering amount will vary with vehicle model.

Price: $246.00 (kit)

SWRidin
03-10-08, 05:07 PM
D Lux,... is your kit still for sale. Send me a PM if so. Thanks.

wycoff22
06-08-08, 04:41 PM
see pictures of the spindle kit on either of your truck is it 2front and rear or more like 3 in the back i dont want to do if it still has the slanted look i want the truck to look even let me know what you guy think

itsajyaknow
06-18-08, 02:38 AM
Does anyone have pics of how 26s look lowered on the Spindles? If so please post or pm me. Thanks!