: Power steering leak

King3244
04-14-07, 03:59 PM
I noticed that I had a few drops of oil under my 04, AWD, N* the other day so I slid under to have a look and found oil leaking from the power steering hose connections. Next step was my alldata account were I find a tsb about this problem complete with part numbers for a seal kit.

Down to the local dealer (silly me...... I lost my head for a moment) for this seal kit which is I find out later two O rings. One about 1/2 inch and the other about 3/8 inch...........special order so no return. When they show up the guy dings me $49.00 plus tax (wholesale). Also Canadian dollars.

Now I check out gmparts direct and it is 18.00 U.S. or 19 and change Canadian.

Holy crap!...........and they wonder why no one wants to shop at the dealer!

Anyway off to fix it now.............just wanted to vent and get it out of my system.

john d
04-14-07, 04:49 PM
I noticed that I had a few drops of oil under my 04, AWD, N* the other day so I slid under to have a look and found oil leaking from the power steering hose connections. Next step was my alldata account were I find a tsb about this problem complete with part numbers for a seal kit.

Down to the local dealer (silly me...... I lost my head for a moment) for this seal kit which is I find out later two O rings. One about 1/2 inch and the other about 3/8 inch...........special order so no return. When they show up the guy dings me $49.00 plus tax (wholesale). Also Canadian dollars.

Now I check out gmparts direct and it is 18.00 U.S. or 19 and change Canadian.

Holy crap!...........and they wonder why no one wants to shop at the dealer!

Anyway off to fix it now.............just wanted to vent and get it out of my system.
My ps leak was a hose that took SEVERAL days to arrive at the dealer.
The hose was actually replaced....not just seals.
Had front end parts replaced that were quicker to come in than the ps hose. Dealer had dismanteled for a week or so.
Both covered by warranty.
Have to say my dealer has been outstanding on all of my issues; even if GM isn't.

Northern SRX
04-14-07, 06:24 PM
I had two hoses replaced - the first was a same-day thing; the second took a week for the part to come in. I would have rather avoided the two trips to the dealer but they were repaired under warranty rather promptly.