: ordering wheels??

fallen99angel
04-14-07, 10:05 AM
Im about to order new wheels and tires for my car, im cutting it down to 2 copanies:
www.1010tires.com and www.bigwheels.net
anyone ordered from these companies?? I just wanna make sure nothing will go bad as I need them to ship it all to europe??
unless someone can recommend other places to check??
Henrik
Sweden

z32drifter
04-14-07, 06:36 PM
I don't know anyone that has ordered from www.bigwheels.net, but I like their wheel selection. My wife would have a fit if I dropped 5 large on wheels and tires for her car. I know a few poeple that have ordered from 1010 with out issue.

CaddyinKC
04-14-07, 08:41 PM
The two 'big ones' are discounttiredirect.com and tirerack.com. They don't have near the selection, but I would feel safer ordering from them. What wheels are you looking at?

fallen99angel
04-15-07, 04:52 AM
discountwheeldirect.com and tirerack. com, really has not much to offer, what im looking at from bigwheels.net is one of these:
http://www.bigwheels.net/?location=wheels&action=view_model&model=Speedster%206&bold_id=205776

http://www.bigwheels.net/?location=wheels&action=view_model&model=TIS%2006&bold_id=172133

these are really my faves:
http://www.bigwheels.net/?location=wheels&action=view_model&model=Gothic&bold_id=129614

1010tires.com:
http://www.1010tires.com/wheel.asp?wheelbrand=Alba&wheelmodel=580+Force

let me know what you think. I have bought 2 sets before from other companies without problems, but i got burned last year with a big brake kit and lost 2300$ so now im watching out.
I could get some wheels back here in sweden, but then you will have to about doubble the price for the wheels and with a little work, you can save yourself alot of money, buying them yourself.
I think about 2400 - 2600$ for 4 wheels and toyo tires aint that bad really
regards
Henrik

CaddyinKC
04-15-07, 09:56 AM
Henrik,

The links to the bigwheels website don't take me to the specific wheels. Give me the brand and model and I'll go look them up. Thanks.

fallen99angel
04-15-07, 05:21 PM
ohh if you go to bigwheels.net and pick 2005 cadilac srx w/17"
and pick 20" in same size, not staggered setup,then you will get 6 pages of wheels in chrome, the 3 choices Im thinking about is:
foose speedster 6 -- or TIS tis 6 --- and my fave oasis gothic
let me know what you think, i would also pick toyo tires for the wheels in 255/50/20, alternative it could be 255/45/20, but ill like to have just a bit more rubber ( the setups are are all in the pricerage of 2600$ which i think aint bad, considering alot more wheels alone are running up in 5 grand)
regards
Henrik

CaddyinKC
04-15-07, 08:54 PM
Henrik,

My fav of those three is the speedster 6. I really like the exposed lugnuts and the Foose has a very classy look. The TIS 6 is a close second, the only reason I like the Foose better is because of the exposed lugnuts. Sorry, but I don't really care for the Gothic wheels, they are 'too much' for me and my concern would be that you may get tired of them after a while where the other two more 'timeless'. Good luck with your decision and I look forward to seeing what you purchased.

fallen99angel
04-16-07, 02:39 AM
thanks for the input, I understand what you are saying for sure, I think its hard to pick the wheels, Im also still thinking about the alba force wheels from 1010tires, but have still not heard anything from them regarding the shipping, Ill let you know what I decide, Ill order the wheels sometime this week, just need to talk to both companies.
Ill talk a closer look on the foose wheels again
regards
Henrik

tonygxp
04-19-07, 07:12 AM
Henrik,

My fav of those three is the speedster 6. I really like the exposed lugnuts and the Foose has a very classy look. The TIS 6 is a close second, the only reason I like the Foose better is because of the exposed lugnuts. Sorry, but I don't really care for the Gothic wheels, they are 'too much' for me and my concern would be that you may get tired of them after a while where the other two more 'timeless'. Good luck with your decision and I look forward to seeing what you purchased.

I agree with you about the "Gothic look".. the exposed lugs are the reason I stuck with my factory 17's and just chromed them as opposed to ordering the older 17's in chrome with the large center cap...

Andy@Kartoyz.com
04-24-07, 03:01 PM
give me a shot... pm me for a price