: 07 Tailgate Failure - Any ideas?

AWF_AXIS
04-13-07, 07:28 PM
My '07's rear automatic tailgate has stopped working. Using the FOB doesn't do anything but light the tails up for 1 blink.

I have to grab the handle to release the latch, in order to open it manually.

I checked for a blown fuse on the driver's side dash, and the fuses in the engine compartment fuse box.

Everything is fine.

Am I doomed to wait several weeks for an appointment with my dealer? :confused:

hcvone
04-13-07, 07:33 PM
Make sure the rear window is fully closed, open it and close it again hard, this happened to me last week, must not have fully closed the window, searched for almost a day before discovering what the problem was.

CadX6
04-13-07, 08:40 PM
If the rear tailgate window isn't the problem - check the switch on the ovedrhead console (to the right of the two sunroof switches) that enables / disables the automatic function & also opens the tailgate from the driver's seat. Push on the top of the switch (make sure you're not in the garage - the tailgate will open). Mine was a little flaky when I first got the truck. Fortunately it grew out of it.....

AWF_AXIS
04-13-07, 08:51 PM
Man, do I feel like an idiot.

I took a good look at the overhead console, and saw that I indeed had turned OFF the rear hatch.

I've had this thing for over a year now, and never really checked it out.

Thanks!

Dave

hcvone
04-14-07, 05:53 AM
:) Things happen. ;)

Michael 514
07-20-10, 01:54 AM
LOL!

Well, I am glad I did a search for this problem before I posted the problem!

I bet the same thing happened with me. Same symptoms. I didn't know there was a button up there.

I will check it out in the ayem! :)

Michael 514
07-20-10, 10:37 PM
LOL!
Problem solved! :)