: New Car, or like it.

ShadowLvr400
04-13-07, 12:56 PM
I just got new shocks all the way around. Went from the original air ride shocks in the rear to some cheap Monroe SensTrac gas shocks, and the car feels so much tighter. It no longer feels like driving a car that's stoned. That is all. :)

96Fleetwood
04-13-07, 01:12 PM
Nice! :thumbsup:

Did you replace the springs in the rear too? The stock Fleetwood spring is not made to work with regular shocks.

caddycruiser
04-14-07, 10:55 AM
Nice! :thumbsup:

Did you replace the springs in the rear too? The stock Fleetwood spring is not made to work with regular shocks.

Exactly. So are you dragging arse or did you do something else?

The Sensatracs are soft, and the Severe Service's tough and firm, and my idea for our drooping '93 that dad wants to do the bare minimum with is Severe Service's with the coil over lift helper, at least for the rear. Hoping that would partially negate the effects of the weak stock spring droop, and at least keep it where it's at now with shot rear airs.

N0DIH
04-14-07, 11:24 AM
I am trying to work out picking some 9C1 springs for my Fleetwood. Got a plan for a lower control bushing and ball joint swap coming and new springs (probably lower it too) and 9C1 springs for the rear (also lowered). So not sure if I will keep the air shocks or not, my compressor is down right now, I and it is a pain to get out....

96Fleetwood
04-14-07, 11:42 AM
My current setup is:

Front: Used Impala SS Springs with Bilstein sport shocks

Rear: Brand new 9C1 springs with Bilstein HD shocks

all matched with Hotchkis sway bars & UMI control arms

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/2197000-2197999/2197169_37_full.jpg

It is firm and handles fantastic for a vehicle of this size :highfive:

N0DIH
04-18-07, 03:52 PM
Cool, that is the exact ride height I want on mine....

Love the looks!

ShadowLvr400
04-18-07, 09:27 PM
The stock springs are still on there, and don't seem to object to the Sensa-Tracs.

caddycruiser
04-18-07, 10:15 PM
The stock springs are still on there, and don't seem to object to the Sensa-Tracs.

Well, it had to have dropped a bit? Then again, if the air ride was caput, that part probably didn't change. It's just that the stock springs simply aren't enough to hold the rear up fully without load, and are really bad with any load.

Either way, at least it feels a lot better:thumbsup: